COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Official - Kickstarter Tier Updates

Hey all. Just wanted to put this announcement up over here as well, so you all can take advantage of it.

ANNOUNCEMENT - Bank error in your favor. We messed up on Sparks of Life when creating the Kickstarter reward tiers and under listed the # of Sparks of Life that should be included in your rewards.

Here are the actual additional Sparks of Life (note: 1 is included with the game, not mentioned in this list) that are included in each tier:

$75 - $120 : 1 extra Spark of Life

$150 - $250 : 2 extra Sparks of Life

$350 - $500 : 4 extra Sparks of Life

$750 - $1,000 : 7 extra Sparks of Life

$1,500 - $2,000 : 10 extra Sparks of Life

$2,500 - $3,500 : 15 extra Sparks of Life

$5,000 - $10,000 : 20 extra Sparks of Life

You can also see this reflected in the new tier chart images at the bottom of the Kickstarter page, which should clarify any questions about tiers.

5/5/2016 9:16:39 PM #1

Sweet!

5/5/2016 9:20:11 PM #2

There are a few other things on the charts which are causing a little confusion mainly when comparing this FAQ answer to the chart:

"Q: Which reward items stack vs. upgrade? Mounts, cloaks, titles, packs, design experiences? Do I get all previous items or just my tier level?

A: Titles, cloaks, and packs all stack - You get your tier’s item and each previous. This means that if you back at the $500 Count tier, you’d not only get the Count’s title & cloak, but also the Baron’s title and cloak. You can either keep this for yourself or appoint a friend as your Baron. Keep in mind that they won’t have the same level of IP, so they may be at a disadvantage in that role.

Most mounts also stack (you get your tier's mount plus earlier tier's mounts) - the exception being the Ursaphant which is upgraded to the War Trison."

• The chart does not show that titles stack and does not mention the cloaks. This is the most concerning for me currently, it is confusing if you back at a level that gives Count if you could still choose to be a Baron, or give the Baron title to a friend.

• The chart however, does show the ursaphant and trison stacking when the FAQ says they do not.

• The question mentions design experience but it does not appear in the answer, with the only exception listed being the mounts it was assumed by some that the design experiences stacked too. The chart disagrees.

• Also with the design experience 'Design + Pattern' is listed seperatly in the chart however is for the next item, that is very confusing.

Author of the Elyria Echo the first, and least up-to-date, CoE fan site.

5/5/2016 9:21:21 PM #3

Good deal. Cheers! :)

FWIW, I was KS Backer #21 and wanted nothing but the best for this game.

5/5/2016 9:22:06 PM #4

Welp, I hope I helped a little.

5/5/2016 10:04:40 PM #5

As always perceptive guys, well done!

http://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p795/SilDarklight/Chronicles%20of%20Elyria/Forum/Sigs/Luccheno%20600x100altzpsuev3knqe.jpg

5/5/2016 11:47:49 PM #6

Thanks folks, we're working to get the graphics updated. With the people working across the country on different elements, it appears some information didn't get communicated.

In response to the question, the FAQ is correct, the graphic is out of date.

• Titles/Cloaks stack. You are both a Baron of your Stronghold, as well as Count of your County.
  • Ursaphant does not stack with War Trison. You get one or the other.
  • Design experiences do not stack. However, we can work with people on a case-by-case basis. The design experiences take developer resources and time. If they stacked, we'd very quickly consume a significant amount of time just developing the design experiences.

5/6/2016 12:06:58 AM #7

Now if we can just get a 'soul bundle' listed in the add-ons I would be one happy kickstarter.

"Count Eldric Blackmoore of The Haven, offering direct support for the Hunters, Explorers and Gathers of Elyria" the

5/6/2016 1:50:16 AM #8

I know it looks chunky, but could you add a symbol or something to differentiate the War Trison and Ursaphant thing. As much as I'd like to believe people will read, the checklist shows both of them being checked and contradicting statements will make people choose what get's them the biggest reward.

5/6/2016 8:10:23 AM #9

From what I understand the titles such as Baron and Count do stack along with cloaks and so on.

What I question is if a baron starts out with a city or keep what does a count (a higher rank) start out with besides a county?

It wouldn't make sense if the lower noble had a stronghold or town and a Count didn't have any center of power.

5/6/2016 10:53:05 AM #10

Think of it this way my friend. A baron is in charge of your fort or village. You have a county, so basically a city state. You have your posh house wherever it is and collect taxes on the village that the baron runs. You pay your portion of taxes to your count, duke, and they to your king. Each title gaining you more land, more resources, more income and room to expand. If your going to be a solo player I would suggest not doing anything of that sort.

If you have a small group of friends become a Barron or count, appoint a friend you can trust to lead the NPC's and other players and build up from there. King's and dukes should really be only reserved to big time 3rd party clans or places like Kingdom of Zygethia which have 100+ members and REALLY need that land growth. Hope that helps some.

Friend code: 2D42A1

5/8/2016 3:33:47 PM #11

Cheers for update

[The Immortals] - We lived a thousand Lives! United we Stand! Website: http://www.mmo-guild.co.uk/news.php

5/8/2016 8:50:38 PM #12

I just found out about this game through facebook and after researching the game i decided i wanted to support it. But then i found out kickstarter does not support paypal (believe it or not, but there are still a lot of people mostly in europe that dont use creditcards) even though they have getting complains about it for 2 years now... So i was wondering if you guys are going to create a different backers system so people without creditcards can also back your game through paypal or Ideal. If not then i guess i will have to wait till the full release unfortunately

5/9/2016 7:30:39 AM #13

That's really sad to see. :'( Hope that there is a means to help people like you. Hate to see a backer have to wait on the sidelines because they don't have a credit card.

Friend code: 2D42A1

5/9/2016 9:32:54 AM #14

6000 backers! Congrats Soulbound!

5/9/2016 9:36:21 AM #15

From Camigwen's post:

There will be an option for PayPal via our site during the Kickstarter, but we're not putting it up until we hit our goal so that we don't take away people who would back via Kickstarter itself. While we'll count PayPal backers as part of success toward any stretch goals, Kickstarter does not so it's important we meet our $900K goal first.