COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Want to Back, have no credit card :( Suggestions?

AS the title says, I am interested in backing the project and getting myself one (or two) of the early bird lower tiers. Sadly I didn't know I need a credit card for Kickstarter. Since I don't own one and I am actually not interested in getting a credit card, I wanted to ask you if you know alternatives to have some kind of free prepaid credit card to load up the amount of cash I want to spend and then give that damn number on KS?

Brainfuck Gaming https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDtc_EYung1C2excQUZNYzw

5/6/2016 4:36:16 PM #1

Pretty much any store that sells gift cards should sell prepaid Visa cards that can work like a debit card.

Friend Code: 736E01

5/6/2016 4:37:32 PM #2

I would recommend trying to mail the money to the devs saying what backer reward you want. But make sure that the devs approve first.

Edit: Or, ya know, pre-paid visa cards. That works two I guess...

Count Einzbern of Aichhalt.

Kingdom of Ashland.

Duchy of Sanctaphandri.

Seated in Darmindatch.

5/6/2016 4:39:07 PM #3

Hm, never seen them in store, but probably because I never really looked for them. Going to check it out and hopefully I will be able to get the stuff inb4 the Early Bird is dead :P

Brainfuck Gaming https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDtc_EYung1C2excQUZNYzw

5/6/2016 4:42:58 PM #4

www.Netspend.com Cheap, fast, easy

Amaziah Aryeh, Leader of the House of Knowledge and Wisdom.

"Knowledge, Wisdom and Supreme Understanding."

"Power without perception is virtually useless and therefore of no true value."

Are you a roleplayer? Join the CoE rp site Akashic Records! http://akashicrecords.enjin.com/home

5/6/2016 4:43:25 PM #5

Hey. Thanks for your interest.

There will be an option for PayPal via our site during the Kickstarter, but we're not putting it up until we hit our goal so that we don't take away people who would back via Kickstarter itself. While we'll count PayPal backers as part of success toward any stretch goals, Kickstarter does not so it's important we meet our $900K goal first.

5/6/2016 4:44:35 PM #6

If you live in the US, heck 7/11's and drug stores like CVS have them.

I just googled pre-paid cards and there are tons on there. I didn't research them or anything but that may be an option.

5/6/2016 4:57:42 PM #7

Three cheers for Paypal! I feel much better using that than a card with such large sums.

Also, it'd be best to avoid kickstarter getting large portions of your profit. Hopefully people choose that route post-KS.

5/6/2016 5:17:20 PM #8

Paypal has it's own set of issues, honestly. It's definitely a great source for people to donate when other means are out of reach, but, as mentioned, other issues arise. :P I've had my fair share of Paypal issues, including the eminent one of potential chargebacks and illegal account use.

All things aside, though, ALL should get to help CoE get funded and beyond! :D

5/6/2016 5:18:40 PM #9

They also accept Virtual Visa Debit. (You can ask your bank to convert your card. I really prefer mine, as the bank is VERY quick to reverse charges and gives me a much easier time than my CC does.)

5/6/2016 5:19:02 PM #10

There will be no Paypal post KS if KS isn't successful...

5/6/2016 5:31:38 PM #11

Just as a matter of interest, if you later back via Paypal because you don't have a payment method acceptable to Kickstarter, do you still get the tier options listed on the KS site?

5/6/2016 7:01:10 PM #12

Tried to use a prepaid visa yesterday that I got last Christmas and it wouldn't recognize it as a valid payment option. I know the card it valid and activated because I can call the 800 number on the back and get the balance. So apparently it doesn't accept all prepaid.

Edit: Nevermind... It took it when I tried again just now... maybe I typed a number wrong.

Mayor of Funny Farms Inc.

5/6/2016 7:02:43 PM #13

There will be a different set of tier options and rewards after KS for Paypal supporters.

Mayor of Funny Farms Inc.

5/6/2016 7:07:50 PM #14

If you live in US you can go to local currency exchange and get preloaded card , you give them cash amount you want on card and use that, those I think work for online purchases

5/6/2016 7:35:01 PM #15

I absolutely hate using credit card online (after losing ~5,000$), PayPal is far safer, but here wasn't such option. Camelot Unchained used PayPal, without problems, don't know why this campaign is limited to a few cards only. I used my card, but still feels like a nightmare.

Also this indeed reduces numbers, since not everyone can or is willing to risk using cards.