COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
May 9th Q&A Stream - Ask Questions Here

Hey Folks!

Soulbound Studios will be on DM21 Gaming's YouTube channel on Monday, May 9th. BicycleWalrus will be asking the questions and I will be answering them! Live!

Please use this forum topic to post your questions for the Q&A. I may not answer all of them, but I'll do the best I can. My aim is to answer the top 20 rated posts.

RULES

1. Please limit it to one post per community member
  2. Please provide no more than three questions in your post
  3. Keep your questions brief (as in, 1-2 sentences)
  4. If you have more than one question, please number them and provide paragraphs in between so we can clearly identify them.
  5. Make sure to upvote the posts of others you're most interested in hearing the answers to.

If you want to, you can Watch it Live by clicking on this YouTube link about 10 minutes before the broadcast time.

See you all at 4pm PDT / 7pm EDT / 12am BST on Monday, May 9th!

5/9/2016 6:13:57 PM #1

1: Will titled positions all be NTCs or will players with titles be able to be a 15 year old traditional character?

2: Will strongholds be able to be designed and placed by those that are getting the reward or are they pregenerated and preplaced?

3: Do you think itll be a truly viable option for someone to hold a titled position, like king/duke/count/baron, AND be an adventurer at the same time?

5/9/2016 6:14:10 PM #2

Will there be settings like asian, egyptian since we have differences in people's appearance because of different places they live?

Is the offline demo still a thing and will it be the "alpha 1" ?

5/9/2016 6:14:47 PM #3
  1. Regarding Earn to Play, what are the rates/time frames in which players will be able to earn SP to attain sparks?
  2. Can an Unknown (1x) non-risky player (Farmer) earn a spark if they play average of 5+ hrs a day?
  3. What do you define as "active" enough for a crafter to earn a spark?

Referral Code: 2070EA

5/9/2016 6:14:57 PM #4

Thank you for hosting this Q&A and continuing to work with your passionate community.

1. Do you have any concerns for your server being able to potential totally handle 100,000 people and their creations for 10 full years?

and

1. Can Counties be independent fiefdoms?

5/9/2016 6:14:58 PM #5

Q. Will Counties/Duchies/Kingdoms have their own banners/coat of arms?

Q. In the Kickstarter it's mentioned that some charges are limited to KS backers, anything specific in mind for this?

5/9/2016 6:16:30 PM #6

First of all, congratulations on hitting 75% and remaining top 3 most popular campaign since the beginning! You guys have been working hard and more than earned some rest :)

1. Do you have an estimation of when the Internal Alpha might be released?

2. Can we get hints on what the first stretch goal may be?

3. Will you guys have a Kickstarter success party? :D

5/9/2016 6:17:00 PM #7

Q1. Will there be weather based illnesses for biomes your not used to, such as colds and heatstroke?

Q2. Since combat is skill based, and your positioning within the world can be considered tactically skillful, will you be able to trip or stumble over terrain features if you dodge into them?

Q3. Will there be forms of non-agressive combat, such as dance offs or rock paper scissors?

5/9/2016 6:17:16 PM #8

Will it be possible to declare people outlaws? People who are defined as being outside the protection of the law. Will it be possible to declare certain organizations outlaws?

Will it be possible for a kingdom to conscript their citizenry?

Will it be possible to give contracts to NPC's that they will actually carry out? In other words, can I hire NPC's to do things?

5/9/2016 6:18:06 PM #9

Q: How will the game support 200+ Counts?

5/9/2016 6:19:19 PM #10

I think this question may have been answered in IRC, but could be good for more exposure to the answer.

1. It's been stated you can give your noble title to someone else before launch, but are you able to give your IP to other players? Example being a group of friends wanting to pool their IP to buy something that benefits all of them?
5/9/2016 6:19:44 PM #11
  1. What is the planned cultures of the southern areas where the darker races of Mann live? It wouldn't seem to make sense if they are European influenced in regard to armor, weapons, architecture and technology as well as local fauna and flora just due to the nature of the biomes they would be located in.

2. How many different biomes will be available at launch for those playing darker humans besides deserts?

3. Will southern biome based families have the same types of names and nobility/aristocracy titles as more traditional European culture based ones in the temperate or tundra biomes in the north and will they speak the same languages?

Amaziah Aryeh, Leader of the House of Knowledge and Wisdom.

"Knowledge, Wisdom and Supreme Understanding."

"Power without perception is virtually useless and therefore of no true value."

Are you a roleplayer? Join the CoE rp site Akashic Records! http://akashicrecords.enjin.com/home

5/9/2016 6:22:04 PM #12

First let me say, I am so glad CoE came burning out of the Kickstarter gate! So excited to see the progress!

1. Could you talk more about the time compression and what that means to certain gameplay activities like farming or trade/transport? If each real earth day represents a full "season" and 4 earth days represent a "year" does that present any design challenges in respect to game mechanics?

World Class Indoorsman

5/9/2016 6:22:19 PM #13

Congratulations on 75% I'm super hyped :D

Three questions:

1: Can the nobility swear fealty to another player not a king or duke at the start of the exposition/real game?

2: Can the nobility and other landowners hold land aliodally, as in free of feudal obligation?

3: It's been said on the forums that we'll have to create our own currencies at the start of the game, is this true? If so how will this work/how will we get NPCs to accept our currency?

Coming Soon(tm)

5/9/2016 6:22:20 PM #14

1: Will burning the body destroy the corpse, or will it be more like real world cremation where the bones are left? If the former, will the ashes be collectible for urns?

2: Can we manipulate the inventory of the deceased? Adding a signet ring, adding clothes or notes, etc.

3: Can we manipulate the body of the deceased. For example, binding it like a mummy, or embalming it?

5/9/2016 6:22:25 PM #15

1.- How does villager tokens work? Can you explain it us clearly. Will the lands be owned by the lord of the settlement or by the one who pays the addon?