COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Store, Store, Store!

Today is the day the store is suppose to open and I can finally pledge with paypal! Did the devs also say whether the entire site was going to be updated as well?

7/5/2016 5:32:21 PM #1

Yes it will.

7/5/2016 5:43:50 PM #2

I believe the store will be delayed for tomorrow based on last intel from IRC, thou the site/new information might come out today.

Caspian hasn't gotten around to recruiting additional coders yet, and the poor fella's already with one foot in the grave from overworking.

7/5/2016 5:44:33 PM #3

I am soooo exited... I really hope they have a layaway system (like crowfall and shroud of the Avatar)... and gifts for other players to give away in contests.

7/5/2016 6:00:24 PM #4

The latest, as it stands currently, is that there will still hopefully be an update 'today' PST. That means sometime within the next 13 hours. Things could change and be put back but currently, fingers crossed, we should be still be on for a return to pledging soon.

Friend Code: F44A07

7/5/2016 6:17:54 PM #5

I'm looking forward to it also but whilst layaway is a good and bad thing it might tempt me too much lol

7/5/2016 6:34:01 PM #6

This will be a good boost for morale as well as funding. And shows the community that SBS can keep to their deadlines. :D

7/5/2016 6:39:49 PM #7

Thanks for the post guys. Damn, I live in CA so I have to live through all 13hrs! -_-

7/5/2016 6:40:35 PM #8

Don't worry. Today or tomorrow, the store will be there, waiting for us to embrace our money to it

7/5/2016 7:12:19 PM #9

dates are important of you're going to give them at all. the fear is that this practice will bleed over into the game development.

i hope they at least hit the website release today... even if the store comes tomorrow, it would go a long way in restoring some faith in a team that was so communicative before kickstarter, and relatively silent since.

7/5/2016 7:24:02 PM #10

This is a fair point. The problem is that developers can go two ways.

1 - Upcoming features are revealed to be out "when they are done".
2 - Upcoming features are expected to be launched on "xx/xx/xxxx"

The problem with '1' is that the community feel out of the loop. People are understandably excited about content and see 'when they are done' as a cop-out. Sometimes when there isn't a date, there is this underlying fear it may never see the light of day. This is also however the safe option for developers, as it doesn't commit them to a timeline.

Option '2' is a more transparent option. Game features are a complex beast and often delays happen. Developers take the best estimates into account and give a date that they think is achievable based upon their understanding of the development at that stage. This also means that they are now verbally tied into that date. The community take it as gospel and extrapolate any delay on that feature to the whole games development, which causes negativity in the community.

So in reality it is a trade-off, do you want transparency and accept things change or do you get a safe but vague estimate but lack the level of detail you are after?

7/5/2016 7:25:44 PM #11

Tomorrow for me includes the 13 hours mentioned by flash man :) different timezones.

Also as Caspian answered to other posts, and I believe in one of your posts too, they are either deciding to focuse on working or on keeping the community on the latest news. And they decide to work rather then answer to each and every question. For keeping us updated, they already have the weekly Updates, which by now came on time every week. There wss no update because This weekend was a holiday-weekend. It is reasonable to say that they spend some free time when it is available. Like it is a holiday so it is reasonable free time spending.

Sorry for the weird wording; English isn't my mother tongue but I hope you get my point

7/5/2016 8:12:11 PM #12

Do want! It'd be awesome to add CoE prizes to our contests. ^o^

7/5/2016 8:16:07 PM #13

Hoping sooner rather than later but I want it done correctly.

7/5/2016 8:24:06 PM #14

This looks like a good place for my first post. :)

Came here today looking for where to pledge after seeing some youtube videos. It looks like I picked the right day!

7/5/2016 8:27:13 PM #15

Welcome Quagaar!

In the mean time feel free check out our Newcomer Starter Guide. We have a great community here, let us know if you have any questions.