COMMUNITY - FORUMS - ANGELICA ORGANIZATIONS
[NA] The Scribe Society of Elyria

TSSoE Homepage

Nothing gets done in Elyria without a Scribe

Our Mission

Are you sick of traveling for days at a time trying to find a Scribe to draft you a deed or contract? Are you a Scribe who can't seem to find a reliable source of paper to train your skills and make a little coin? Or a Papermaker who's tired of selling a scroll at a time to the odd Scribe or Merchant they encounter? Well, you aren't alone! The main focus of TSSoE is to provide free materials for our members to train and improve their skills and to connect apprentices with experts. In doing so we also provide a lucrative business opportunity for Papermakers as each chapter will gladly buy anything they bring to us, so load up your carts!

The TSSoE retains all rights to any documents produced using our crafting stations or supplies. In other words, anything you craft stays behind, but you're more than welcome to craft with your own mats outside of TSSoE, we know you still have to make a living but remember, we are also a non-profit organization only interested in providing you the tools you need to become the best.

We want to establish ourselves as a central hub in each kingdom (and eventually duchy and county) where Merchants, Mercenaries, Farmers and Nobles can acquire the contracts or deeds they need without having to go from tavern to tavern searching for a Scribe. All money earned through selling these items will first go to replenishing materials for crafting then purchasing crafting stations (if needed), paying Guards (if needed) and a % of all sales (we'll call this "dues") will be put into a slush for buying property and building Libraries in other kingdoms. Anything left over will be distributed amongst members with the higher skilled Scribes getting a larger cut than the less experienced ones as an incentive for all of our members to strive to be the greatest in their chapter and maybe even all of Elyria.

Each TSSoE chapter Director is responsible for his/her own chapter's expenses (supplies, guards, member surplus) with dues being paid to the main chapter.

Our Founder

Baron Jeebz Truthshaper, Mayor of Fool's End and Director of the Dol'Aderyn chapter of TSSoE is one of the greatest Scribes in his kingdom and his ancestors were among the first Elyrians to call Dol'Aderyn home.

Having Scribes for parents, Jeebz's path was laid out for him before he was born. Trained to Scribe from a young age, Jeebz was found to be highly skilled in the trade his family had perfected over the centuries. As time went on Jeebz's skills started to peak so his parents, unable to find a steady supply of paper for their son to practice on, resorted to using the scrolls they planned to scribe and sell, hoping a Merchant or Papermaker would come through soon enough to fulfill their orders.

Jeebz got better. No merchants came.

Seeing his parents struggle so hard to provide him with the skills he would need to be successful, Jeebz decided to journey past the safety of his county, through the neighbouring duchy and into an unknown kingdom, only to return with two tattered scrolls and a passion he'd never felt before.

Our History

After travelling for months searching for paper he could use to hone is skills as a Scribe, Jeebz Truthshaper finally found a |Papermaker willing to part with some of his wares as his regular Merchant hadn't been in to see him this week and he was in need of food and repairs to his mill. Jeebz gladly pulled enough coin from his purse to buy 5 scrolls of paper, enough to create some deeds and simple contracts that his family required to keep the land they've owned since Dol'Aderyn first became a kingdom. A look of disappointment fell over his face as the Papermaker produced 2 of the most tattered scrolls he'd ever seen and at a price double what he would normally pay. Truthshaper reluctantly handed over the coin he had, keeping just enough to feed himself on his long journey home.

He watched as his father lost all but the one parcel of land they had their home on and one short-term contract to get them through the coming winter. This was the moment Jeebz had had enough, and the first chapter of The Scribe Society of Elyria was built in his hometown of Fool's End in the County Thornn. A vast Library where Scribes could gather from around the kingdom to share knowledge, train their skills with free materials and even make a little coin if business is good for the guild. This is the only known Scribes guild in all of Elyria, attracting inexperienced and master Scribes from all over the world and offering opportunities for expert Scribes to Direct their own chapter in the kingdom they call home.

Directors

ATTENTION Currently recruiting serious, hard working Scribes to start a chapter of TSSoE in their home kingdom. We'd like to have a chapter in each kingdom at the beginning of Exposition. Unfortunately, this means that Directors will be responsible for their own land and library and we will all run TSSoE as a board with everyone getting fair say on memberships, dues and supplier contracts. Scribes interested in a Director position should note that you will also be required to train inexperienced Scribes so a focus in Scholar skills is recommended to compliment your Scribe skills.

Suppliers

ATTENTION: At this time we don't have any paper suppliers that have agreed to offer TSSoE their services. If you are a Papermaker looking for a quick and easy way to unload your wares, we would love to make you an Official TSSoE supplier! Although not official members of TSSoE, Papermakers and any Papermaker guilds that are established will always be considered the closest of allies to us and we will work together to overcome any obstacles that arise. This could be anything from helping to locate Lumberjacks to providing armed guards on especially dangerous trade routes.

No more worrying if the Merchant coming through town will buy your scrolls, no more tracking down Scribes and Architects to peddle a scroll here and a scroll there. As an official TSSoE supplier, you don't have to worry whether spending all your coin on wood will mean you can't eat tonight, buy everything your local Lumberjack has and craft paper all day, worry free. Then simply bring your bag of scrolls to any TSSoE chapter and we'll gladly buy you out and you can worry about the finer things, like how big is your new bedroom going to be when you add that 2nd storey to your house. Head over to our contact info and take the first steps towards financial freedom!

Contact Us

If you're interested in becoming an Apprentice, Director or Official Supplier of TSSoE please don't hesitate to email, leave a message on the forum page or reach out through Discord.

TSSoE Homepage

5/30/2016 6:28:30 PM #1

^^^

TSSoE Homepage

5/30/2016 8:16:14 PM #2

Baron Truthshaper, your scribes will be welcomed with open arms in the lands of House Richfort. Though I am unsure if we have any budding papermakers off the top of my head I'd invite you to join our discord and someone from the house may be able to point you to one.

6/3/2016 1:27:59 PM #3

Nicely written post Baron Truthshaper. I would like to speak to you about opening a branch in my duchy capital, or possibly making my duchy your home. Those of us working with The Golden Bank of Elyria, among many others, can and will find many uses for your scribes. Click on my signature for more information, and feel free to message me directly on Discord.

-Duke Thared Richfort

6/5/2016 5:09:04 PM #4

Here's to hoping more scribes join up!

6/7/2016 9:43:28 AM #5

Any interest in setting up your headquarter or a branch in the Free City Nordhausen?

http://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/Guild-Recruitmet/8013-NA-City-seeks-citizens--guilds-no-county-tax

6/7/2016 10:10:02 PM #6

I appreciate your interest in having our guild in your kingdoms. I cannot move the main chapter to your kingdoms as I've already pledged my fealty to another. I can, however, offer the greatest Scribe in each of your kingdoms an opportunity to start their own chapters. Solistia has accepted the same opportunity and I look forward to working with them to make TSSoE great but in order to do so we need to have a network of guilds in every kingdom working together and sharing knowledge.

TSSoE Homepage

6/7/2016 11:17:35 PM #7

I was wondering if one of your scribes would like to travel the world with me, documenting any discoveries we make. As i am the minister of magic for the white lotus alliance, i will be actively searching for new magics to document. This will require me to have a scribe on hand at the time of discovery. If any are interested please pm me :).

On a less personal request, i was wondering if you would like to affiliate with the order of the blue rose and the white lotus alliance. A group of scribes would be extremely helpful to our cause.(Stopping tyranny),

-Laen, Chancellor of the order of the blue rose || Minister of magic for the white lotus alliance

6/8/2016 12:53:13 AM #8

Members of your society will be always welcome to set up a branch in our city.

Best wishes,

Kant

6/9/2016 12:33:34 PM #9

I attempted to reach you on your discord, but I feel you're not as active on there. Below I've attached a copy of what I sent you there.

Dear Baron Truthspaper,

I am Astrid van Mauve, a scribe in, and keeper of records of the Kingdom of Zygethia. I am writing you out of personal interest in the scribe society of Elyria, which you appear to have founded. I am fascinated by the concept of your society and applaud its aims of bringing scribes, papermakers, and those in need of contracts together. In the information provided, I've found that the society is set out to help initiate scribes improve by providing materials for free, and having them provide contracts in return to those who commission them from the society, am I correct in this summary?

For a while now I've been thinking of taking on an apprentice to take over some of my work load. That was before I came across your advertisement. I feel it may be profitable for both of us to set up a chapter in Zygethia. This would allow me to take on a number of apprentices, who would gain experience for free. At the same time, we would be sending a margin of our profits and all of our organisational experience to your branch in Dol'Aderyn.

For this to happen, however, I'd need to know how high the workload would be, as being the keeper of records of Zygethia requires quite some of my time. Furthermore, I've not much personal property which would be available for the purpose of tSSoE. I would attempt to acquire more land and resources, but I would still have to start small. How closely affiliated are you with the nations you're planning to establish in? As I would not like a conflict of interests to occur, being so close to the king's courts.

Thank you for your time,

Astrid van Mauve

PS. I would like to ask you reply to my original letter on discord, rather than here.

Astrid van Mauve

6/12/2016 4:47:10 PM #10

I'd like to thank the kingdoms of Arthos and Zygethia for allowing us to open chapters within their borders. We are still looking for scribes interested in directing their own chapters in the kingdom of Nirath and the Xeilias Empire so don't hesitate to pm, email or hit up the discord channel if you want to be considered for the position.

TSSoE Homepage

6/14/2016 5:55:25 AM #11

I love this! As the head scribe for the Duchy of Tore I look forward to networking with you!

Count of Boros

Luna (NA-E)  Ⓛ  Vornair Ⓥ  Dawn's Reach (The Stormlands)

6/22/2016 5:31:38 PM #12

Scribing looks like it is going to be a very interesting (and popular) profession. I am still trying to decide if I want to pursue it, or whether it might be more helpful to focus on supplying paper to all those wannabe lawyers. Either way, I'll be keeping an eye on this guild. Thanks!

Avid wiki editor, with a special interest in categories, navboxes, and infoboxes.

8/17/2016 6:37:33 PM #13

Hello! I am interested in joining your society, as it is directly relevant to my interests. I currently have an ongoing relationship with the Free City of Nordhausen, and plan to have my offices located therein. Please let me know what is needed of me to participate in this esteemed scribe society.

10/13/2016 9:54:08 PM #14

If you are still looking for a place to host , my county is more welcome to have you and willing to offer a land , PM me or we can talk at discord app devislayer#9703 for more information

I am lookig for business partners and welcome any ideas

Discord: devislayer#9703

5/18/2017 6:36:00 AM #15

While, time wise, not being capable of hosting a chapter myself, I will most definitely set one up if we can find such a candidate within Tyria who is willing to settle within my duchy.

4F0B70 <== This Nerd's Friend Code