COMMUNITY - FORUMS - DEVELOPER JOURNALS
Dev Journal #1: Humble Beginnings

It is said the journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. So it is true with Chronicles of Elyria.

Fourteen years ago, while playing Ultima Online and other text-based Multi-User Dungeons (MUDs), I had an idea for an online, massively multiplayer game that had not yet come to pass. Over the next decade and a half I revised my idea for the game, evolving it as new technology was made available and as other MMO's were released that redefined my idea of what was fun, possible, and immersive. However, I always lacked the resources - both human and monetary to make the game a reality.

Now, with the successful backing of many online games through Kickstarter and other crowd sourcing initiatives, it is finally possible for a motivated individual with good ideas and a sense of adventure to create something amazing. To that end, I have finally begun implementation of a prototype version of Chronicles of Elyria. This prototype will serve as my pitch, my proposal, and my realization of the world I have envisioned.

What you see on this website is the very humble beginnings of the Chronicles of Elyria. There is no art or color to the website, as I am neither designer nor graphic artist, and it may even be lacking in major functionality. But do not be fooled! There is already signficant work being done behind the scenes to enable members to log in to the server and chat with other registered members. If this feature is not available by the time you read this, it will be available soon.

At the same time, more functionality will come online on the website every couple weeks. Once I am able to procure the necessary funding to do so, I will update the website with the beautiful, riveting artwork that is expected of an immersive MMO game experience.

There is a long, arduous journey ahead of us friends. But with your support, encouragement, enthusiasm and relentless demand for the best game experience possible, I'm sure we will take it in stride. It is indeed a journey of a thousand miles...

Welcome to the first step! 
- Jeromy Walsh

7/28/2015 2:55:02 PM #1

Well done Jeromy. In for the journey with you.

8/12/2015 11:51:15 PM #2

I'm sure that once you're ready to elevate this project out of dev, you'll have all of us members giving lots of support both inside and outside of the game. I would keep in mind that everyone currently registered did so despite the game is still in dev. We're all genuinely interested in being a part of this epic bricklaying.

12/6/2015 9:10:34 AM #3

The beginning of a legend, thanks Jeromy Walsh!

12/19/2015 1:06:57 AM #4

I can't wait lol

1/4/2016 1:55:31 PM #5

UO and MUDS...ohhh... back in the days...

I hope we'll see something playable soon! Good luck! :)

Cheers, Claius

1/18/2016 7:56:19 PM #6

This is the type of game I have been looking for ever since I started playing MMO's over 10 years ago. I can't wait to see how this journey will unfold and I am excited to be a part of it.

1/18/2016 9:36:30 PM #7

I am really excited to see how this will turn out. On a side note anyone else have the song "I would walk 500 miles" playing in your head while reading this post?

2/24/2016 12:28:53 AM #8

I played a previous game alongside you and was very intrigued by your idea of this game. Extremely excited to see that you have begun to bring your dream to life!

Look forward to everything Chronicles of Elyria has to offer.

Best of luck to you and your team!

Imgur

3/2/2016 4:34:54 PM #9

Hello,

I just started reading the journals, I like what I see thus far. If you don't mind me asking, and I may find out in later journals, how big is your development team? I have noticed recently that "old school" developers maintain a very small team. I am not playing any MMO games atm, so I am focusing on seeing what Chronicles has to offer. Good luck in your journey, can't wait to read on.

Sir Poprivet

4/8/2016 12:47:57 AM #10

This sounds like the MMO I've been waiting for.

4/9/2016 4:05:53 PM #11

I've been looking for a new way to absorb my life :')

4/23/2016 9:49:04 PM #12

Can't wait. I know i'm late on the band wagon but this game is going to be streamed for my followers to see what we can destory and what can be created. First goal is to dungeon up!

Don't let your first ride in a Hearse be your last!

4/30/2016 5:10:02 AM #13

Woah! I'm a latecomer, and I just came from somewhere in Youtube Comments.. but from what I see so far, this thing seriously has lots of potential!

Other games that proposed something like this have failed, so I can't wait to see what will happen! Cheers, I hope this project will become a huge success!~

(speaking of which, I'm kinda embarassed I named myself "Kartysan" the moment I saw other players have epic, roleplay-worthy names xD)

Once, I bore the title of the Potato Devourer. Once, I had been the Greatest Wartato Lord to ever grace the Universes.

Like you, I had once dreamed to do something great with my life. But then, I took a potato to the knee, and everything.. changed

5/2/2016 2:26:36 PM #14

It is wonderful that you had this vision, and are going through the steps to fully realize it. Thank you so much to you and your team for all of your hard work. This project means so much to me!

5/7/2016 5:25:27 PM #15

Just found about this game yesterday. And i must say I'm rather impressed by what i read so far. Go guys that's an awesome project you are working on