COMMUNITY - FORUMS - FAN MEDIA
Vanthie's Art

This thread is where I’m going to post any sketches, works-in-progress, or finished pieces relating to CoE. The lore and breadth of the game has gotten me on a creative kick lately, forreal, I haven’t painted digitally in ages. Any feedback is appreciated. :)

Table of Contents

1. Selene's First Kiss (08/13/16)
  2. Cartographer (08/16/16)
  3. Left-handed Masterpieces (08/24/16)
  4. Devil's Advocate (08/29/16)
  5. Fashion Week Contest Entry (09/07/16)
  6. Not Over Yet (01/17/17)
8/13/2016 9:52:30 PM #1

When Daemon kissed Selene for the first time, he felt the sear of his mouth against hers, and he flinched away as if he were the one burned. Where he expected his love to cry in pain or hide herself, he found instead Selene’s lips, blistered and swollen, curled into a smile.

“Again,” she whispered.

Shout out to Selene for sustaining third-degree burns to her pink panther in the name of love. I have no earthly idea if she’s meant to be portrayed as human, but let’s assume there’s a sect of the Qindred where she is. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

8/13/2016 9:56:23 PM #2

Looks ok.

8/13/2016 10:01:57 PM #3

Don't let Zultra put you off, it looks very good. :)

Only changes I would make is to have perhaps flames licking off of Demon's skin (as he's the Qin of fire etc) and perhaps have Selene look more 'godly', perhaps have glowing eyes or something. But looks good, keep it coming!

8/13/2016 10:03:23 PM #4

Posted By Barghest at 11:01 PM - Sat Aug 13 2016

Only changes I would make is to have perhaps flames licking off of Demon's skin (as he's the Qin of fire etc) and perhaps have Selene look more 'godly', perhaps have glowing eyes or something. But looks good, keep it coming!

I complimented it?

8/13/2016 10:20:47 PM #5

i'm sure you meant it as a compliment Zultra

'looks ok' is often associated with an ambiguous compliment of 'it will do' 'nothing special'

sometimes 'looks fine' is taken as an ambiguous compliment also

a positive compliment is 'looks great' 'looks awesome'

ah the joys of the english language

8/13/2016 10:21:46 PM #6

Posted By Dleatherus at 11:20 PM - Sat Aug 13 2016

'looks ok' is often associated with an ambiguous compliment of 'it will do' 'nothing special'

sometimes 'looks fine' is taken as an ambiguous compliment also

• a positive compliment is 'looks great' 'looks awesome'

ah the joys of the english language

I was being honest it looks ok, aka good.

Only thing I would say though perhaps the nose looks a bit boxy, the neck about 10 mm too thin perhaps.

Other then that it is ok.

8/13/2016 10:22:11 PM #7

I like your art ^^. Regarding the SbS concept arts, maybe Selene could have another apparience but I like how you draw her, is like she has an inocent air in his eyes.

PS: May I suggest you to share your picture in the DeviantART CoE Group?

8/13/2016 10:48:37 PM #8

Posted By Zultra at 3:21 PM - Sat Aug 13 2016

I was being honest it looks ok, aka good.

Only thing I would say though perhaps the nose looks a bit boxy, the neck about 10 mm too thin perhaps.

Other then that it is ok.

Thanks! Tone is tricky to get across online, I understand lol

Posted By Barghest at 3:01 PM - Sat Aug 13 2016

I like that idea :) Thank you very much

Posted By Gammea at 3:22 PM - Sat Aug 13 2016

I like your art ^^. Regarding the SbS concept arts, maybe Selene could have another apparience but I like how you draw her, is like she has an inocent air in his eyes.

PS: May I suggest you to share your picture in the DeviantART CoE Group?

Thank you! I'm afraid I don't use deviantart though. I might cross-post some of this on a blog in the future, but for now I'm keeping it on the forums.

8/13/2016 10:55:32 PM #9

Wow! Vanthie that is seriously great! More please :)

Penny for the bard

8/16/2016 10:34:43 PM #10

Posted By Aubriella at 3:55 PM - Sat Aug 13 2016

Wow! Vanthie that is seriously great! More please :)

Only if you keep composing, Aubriella. :)

Rough concept of what crossing paths with a cartographer might look like. I’m assuming (hoping) Elyrian domesticated lemurs are like cats with thumbs.

8/17/2016 12:00:46 AM #11

Wahh <3 Love it! And I love how the lemur looks like it's trying to help him with his scribing.

I eagerly await your next work of art!

PS: Are you posting these on DeviantArt or similar? I'd love to subscribe, if I can :)

Penny for the bard

8/17/2016 12:38:00 AM #12

I really love the cartographer picture Vanthie!

8/17/2016 8:58:08 AM #13

Posted By Aubriella at 5:00 PM - Tue Aug 16 2016

Wahh <3 Love it! And I love how the lemur looks like it's trying to help him with his scribing.

I eagerly await your next work of art!

PS: Are you posting these on DeviantArt or similar? I'd love to subscribe, if I can :)

Thank you! And no, I don't have a DA right now. I'll probably redo the first post to be a table of contents as soon as I figure out how to link individual posts.

Posted By Till Death at 5:38 PM - Tue Aug 16 2016

I really love the cartographer picture Vanthie!

Thanks!

8/20/2016 1:33:18 AM #14

WIP. I’ve been watching speedpaint videos on youtube and I’m improving a lot. 😍

8/20/2016 2:03:33 AM #15

This is great! The last one just feels so; "I'm trying to keep in my boss attitude not to hurt your feelings." Ever thought of making comics? They feel very comic-esque and with plenty of emotion. I'll be following this with interest!