COMMUNITY - FORUMS - SOULBORN ENGINE
Auction

As you look at the auction where you can buy and sell things , not only in-game currency , but also for real or for Bitcoins . This will give you the opportunity to earn on each trade taking a certain percentage . And people who do not have the opportunity to play a lot can buy the necessary things . and those who play a lot will earn a ice cream or pay the electricity bill

8/31/2016 9:01:37 PM #1

say wut now?

8/31/2016 9:36:06 PM #2

Not only won't Chronicles of Elyria have a Diablo 3 styled auction house (AH) where you can buy stuff for cash, nor will it have any kind of global or regional auction house at all. Everything is player made and sold by players, to players, in local markets / stores.

8/31/2016 10:09:34 PM #3

There will be No Global Auction houses in CoE and no Global Chats. All items will be sold face to face from a shop or possibly a local auction in a town square to empty inventory.

There will be No items to buy in the WebStore other than Souls, Sparks of Life, and Merchandise. So nothing cosmetic or benifitial will be sold as far as I know.

"Count Eldric Blackmoore of The Haven, offering direct support for the Hunters, Explorers and Gathers of Elyria" the

9/4/2016 2:50:59 AM #4

Nope.

/thread

To touch Divinity, one must be prepared to brave Reality.

10/3/2016 2:43:18 AM #5

I think all auctions are going to be player made. Find a suitable place to have an auction, maybe renting a warehouse, Hire town criers to get the word out, maybe some mercs to patrol for thieves, get a discord channel, and have fun!

Grant Count Urban of UrLore
[NA-W] Kingdom of Riftwood, The Duchy of Ailamos Defending my dinner

10/3/2016 3:03:06 AM #6

Posted By Sullen at 6:09 PM - Wed Aug 31 2016

There will be No Global Auction houses in CoE and no Global Chats. All items will be sold face to face from a shop or possibly a local auction in a town square to empty inventory.

There will be No items to buy in the WebStore other than Souls, Sparks of Life, and Merchandise. So nothing cosmetic or benifitial will be sold as far as I know.

Well, technically, not entirely true. I mean if you buy the Add-on - Extra Copy of the Game, you also end up getting a "Carriage For Two - Horses not Included". But that's about the only thing.

10/3/2016 3:20:02 AM #7

In theory you could coordinate a global AH. In game's like WoW AH's are located in capital cities of kingdoms and a few other locations for xpacs and endgame content.

To mimic this frequency you could hold 1 auction house per duchy in it's capital. While you are all online you advertise any items that the 32 of you have and use somethine like discord to message the other when someone want's to buy something from him.

This would only work while all of you were on though, so it isn't a perma world AH but close enough. Especially if you find 32 people that wanna main auctioneers.

For example, before we open shop, me and my auctioneers make a list of what we each have. Then if someone want's something that is on the other's list we have someone sign a contact saying that he will deliver the item to him. Now we PM the other auctioneer on Discord and tell him to have someone send the package to the Rhynelands AH. After it arrives, I will give the item to my messenger that signed the contract and he delivers it.

It isn't the best or easiest way to do it but it is one.

I don't know anymore.

10/15/2016 2:34:58 PM #8

There is nothing stopping a weekly / monthly in game auction from being advertised and then taking place in a city.

Someone could go and leave notices around and have town criers tell people about an auction happening in some major town or city, people could get together and there could be an auctioneer who pulls it all together and a real in game simulated auction could take place. That would in fact be pretty freaking awesome.

10/15/2016 4:25:35 PM #9

Auctions should be ran along side tournaments. It's what i'll do if I end up being able to host them, a Duke or such. Anytime you have a group of people together you should also have a lot of merchants. It inspires economic growth, and puts it on a timeline. Thus increasing the rate at which people play, and furthermore increasing your income as a Duchy. Even with the cost of running such events the bonuses faaaarrr outweigh the minuses. In fact if you write off the first couple you throw as fiscal losses, and figure out the mechanisms you want, then ensure people know... well the tax boost (in a sales tax situation) alone would pay for such an event.