COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GUILDS
The Horde or something like that

will there be any way to have a nomad clan like the mongols and just burn the world down

9/21/2016 8:36:30 AM #1

You can always put together a group and give it a try! I believe in you.

"Pledged to the betterment of the Studio and CoE through realistic, open, honest communication about what players can and will do with the mechanics you give them."

Come follow me on Twitch for CoE News and general hangout stuff n things! https://www.twitch.tv/adamrhyne

9/21/2016 10:28:49 AM #2

I've seen at least one group drawing inspiration from the Mongols as a scourge upon Elyria so there are others with your mindset out there.

9/24/2016 4:11:18 PM #3

If there are others out there, you might do well to band together in order to strengthen your forces and accomplish your goal.

11/9/2016 4:44:58 AM #4

I wish this would happen.

11/9/2016 5:25:43 AM #5

I won't be part of such a group, but man I hope you try and raid me. It'd be a great story!!!

11/9/2016 5:30:22 AM #6

It would be interesting to play as a Barbarian even. Might be fun just to experience during an Alpha or Beta

11/11/2016 3:20:20 PM #7

You could try, but i doubt you'd come far. Eventually, you'll just be a bunch of outlaws with a KoS target on your head.

That doesnt mean you shouldnt try though! It'd be a nice story!

11/11/2016 3:29:23 PM #8

Most nomads did not in fact want to burn down the world. :D

They wanted wealth, power and riches, things that are not easily available on the steppes.

It might be possible in some form or another. The question is will it be as a nation set up via contract, as an association or will there be a genuine horde mechanic.

This game is designed to first off emulate a feudal system, not a tribal system. Caspian has stated that alternative forms of government will at some point be unlocked and require complex contracts to institute, something nomadic tribes were not exactly known for, but perhaps among those systems a horde type may be possible.