COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Difference between Influence and IP

I've seen several people recently, during these topics about land management and IP on the forums and 3rd party chats, stating that they have WAY more IP than they actually have. There's been a lot of confusion over this on Discord chats I've been in, and I'm worried there'll still be loads of confusion when the IP store is released:

Your 'Influence' does not equal your 'Influence Points' available to spend!

They are two separate things. If you go to your account management section you will have a 'Total Influence' box, for example mine says 15,000 as I am a Weapon Master tier backer.

I DO NOT however have 15,000 IP to spend on the IP store when it's released. I have 4390 IP, as can be seen under the $1500 pledge on the kickstarter charts.

Influence affects your position in the queue when it comes to selecting land, and similar things like that.

Influence POINTS are what you have available as a currency to buy things from the influence store (when it's released) such as buildings, profession kits, horses etc. Any remaining influence points on release will be turned into story points.

Just wanted to make sure everyone is aware now rather than being disappointed on IP store launch day when they realise they can only afford a third of what they thought they could.

If you want to see how much IP you will have available to spend, check out the charts below; look for your pledge tier, and add any add-ons you've purchased on top of that, and you can work out your total IP. The charts are also handy for seeing exactly what you'll get with your pledge, and as the tiers remain the same (minus early bird) for the upcoming 'paypal phase', you can work out how much IP you will have even if you haven't backed yet.

"So, many people have asked why on the Max Influence chart they're showing 10x the price of their backing tier + overpayment toward add-ons. That's because the IP shown is the Max Influence you have, not how much spendable IP you have. That'll be shown on the Influence tab under Account Management when we get that set up. Someone who backed at the Bloodline tier ($120) has 1,200 Max Influence, and of that, 100 can still be spent on in-game stuff. Likewise, someone who backed at the Baron Tier ($250) has 2500 Max Influence, and of that, 625 can be spent on in-game stuff." Source

9/22/2016 7:47:04 PM #1

Thanks for clarifying this. We have tried to cover this on the wiki. (See the "What's the difference between Influence Points and Max Influence? section.)

I'd love feedback on whether it's clear there or needs more explanation.

Avid wiki editor, with a special interest in categories, navboxes, and infoboxes.

9/22/2016 8:15:13 PM #2

Posted By Wooga at 8:47 PM - Thu Sep 22 2016

Thanks for clarifying this. We have tried to cover this on the wiki. (See the "What's the difference between Influence Points and Max Influence? section.)

I'd love feedback on whether it's clear there or needs more explanation.

Looks good and clear to me. Only thing I'd change is to perhaps mention that the charts to view each tier's specific IP reward are on the Kickstarter campaign page, but I see you've linked that in sources at the bottom so I'm sure anyone with common sense can find that. :)

It's not a particularly complicated thing, I just feel that a lot of people who perhaps aren't very active on the forums/DJs simply don't know about the difference.

I simply don't want to see a load of disheartened backers who can't carry out their plans to buy several manors when they can only afford 1 etc. :P

9/22/2016 8:53:30 PM #3

Thank you for the post. This makes things more clear.

9/23/2016 12:58:40 AM #4

Yes, thank you.

W

Friend Code: 9D5CAF

7/18/2019 4:56:29 AM #5

I'm planning on a $2000 acquired amount (different purchases adding up to $2k) by launch. this does stack correct?

7/18/2019 5:13:30 AM #6

Posted By NewDaveMo at 11:56 PM - Wed Jul 17 2019

I'm planning on a $2000 acquired amount (different purchases adding up to $2k) by launch. this does stack correct?

Influence has to do with how much you spend in the store 10 influence for every dollar spent. You can also earn influence by being engaged with the community. Such as helping others, fan media such as blogs, helpful forum posts, ect. Influence is for things like pick order for domain and settlement selection, posting images or link on the forum ect. You cannot purchase anything with Influence.

Influence Points are now called Exposition Points or EP. Those will be spent for items in the EP store during and possibly before Exposition to help build out the world before launch. EP is earned by purchasing some packages. For instance Bloodline includes 100 EP. It will show how much EP is granted by each package in the details of said package. You can also buy EP ala carte in the CoE store. Here is a link that talks about the EP store. https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/19128/ep-kits-and-item-projection

Divide et Impera

7/18/2019 2:30:05 PM #7

You can see your EP by clicking on the Store link and seeing the EP amount in the upper right corner of the page under your account name.

7/18/2019 6:26:39 PM #8

Posted By NewDaveMo at 11:56 PM - Wed Jul 17 2019

this does stack correct?

Yes. Influence and Exposition Points are all cumulative. It doesn't matter in what increments you make your purchases. The more you buy, the more it adds to your total.

7/18/2019 10:56:17 PM #9

Due to the age of this thread, and its topic being no longer relevant, it is now locked.

IP doesn't exist anymore, therefore this thread has no further purpose.