COMMUNITY - FORUMS - LUNA DOMAINS
[NA] The County of The VeilTongues

Navigation: [Kingdom of Bordweall] [Solas Seidrellia Post] [I am the Duke of Unity] [Rise the Duchess of Malevolence] [The Crosswinds Exchange Trading Company] [County of The VeilTongues] [City of The Thicket]

The VeilTongues

Count Karmine HjartaSeiðr, High Tongue of The VeilTongues, Baron of The Thicket has recently been elevated through marriage to Duke of the Sovereignty of Seidrellia.

The VeilTongues is a County in the Solas Seidrellia Post under the Duke Karmine
and Duchess Malthyra lead by the House of HjartaSeiðr. Solas Seidrellia and The VeilTongues are a part of The Kingdom of Bordweall.

The capital of The VeilTongues is a peaceful secluded city referred to as The Thicket, it lies in the distant woods surrounded by, and melding into the forest itself. It is hard to tell where the city begins and the woods end. Saplings, bushes, and wild beasts people the streets and space between buildings as densely as the people themselves. The VeilTongues is in truth the name of the people, who refer to themselves as Tongues, rather than the name of the town itself.

Our Place in this World

The Tongues believe that the natural world is sacred and should be revered as the great teacher of Mann. As such, they put the majority of their resources into the exploration of the natural sciences. Research and time are primarily spent in astronomy, herbalism, apothecary, medicine, farming, breeding of animals and crops, befriending and taming wild beasts, and building the most breathtaking woodworks any man has ever seen. It is well known that if you wish the beauty in manufactured items to look as if it had been plucked from nature, hire a Tongues craftsman.

However, the Tongues also houses fierce warriors that believe in the protection of the lands in which they reside. Working the land, and using its resources are acceptable, but strip mining or deforestation is a killable offense. The Tongues warriors fight with a blade, and body, and poison learning the deadliest of killing acts from nature, and only striking out, as nature does, in defense.

Lore

Based in their mythos, the Tongues believe that places have a feeling, a scent, a color, and a vibration, but not a name. Naming is a human invention that is only necessary for other humans, the Tongues rarely speak each other’s names as the presence of the people they are with is enough to understand who that person is. As such, names are typically only used in the presence of outsiders, and even the names given may not be the Tongue’s true name. Names are never given to the young as only the young can name themselves once they gain a soul upon coming of age, names are also never given to animal companions.

The VeilTongues was formed when the last magic in their old kingdom failed, and all those with magic in their blood went insane. The clan at the time, known as the Grearden, rejected the madness of the failed enchanters and cut the tongues from all that had gone mad with the loss of their magic. The master naturalist at the time, DaTorak HjartaSeiðr, believed that magic had been stripped of humanity because they had lost their way; they revered human magical ability above the magic of the natural world. Bolstering the people around him they rose up and banded together in a promise to gather the knowledge of nature and the world around them and to revere the magic of the land as the truest form of magic.

House HjartaSeiðr

Clan HjartaSeiðr (HjartaSeithr) is an ancient clan that has a long and sorted history. Their County of The VeilTongues is a nature focused County, the people of this land refer to themselves as The Tongues. A people dedicated to the preservation and understanding of the natural sciences The Clan has come from hardship and persecution in a distant land to being a powerful diplomatic force within the Great Kingdom of Vornair.

Overview

Characteristics

The people of Clan HjartaSeiðr tend to be dark skinned and the smell of the deep woods, as the majority of their time is spent outdoors in nature.

Guiding Principles

Balance

There is no great evil nor is there great good. In nature, the elk and the wolf do not play parts of the divine and the deplorable, however, they balance each other none-the-less. As is in nature so to shall it be in the Tongues. All things must remain in balance, be that the balance of work and relaxation, family and career, fighting and peace, life and death, or light and dark. Balance in all aspect is glorified in The VeilTongues to the point that while it is not forbidden to reproduce more than two offspring, it is not encouraged to over-people the world, as too many people would remove souls and matter for other living things and may destroy the natural world altogether.

The Grey

Like balance, good and evil are not necessary tenants in The VeilTongues, as such all decisions must be made without an ideology based on these two aspects. All the world exists in shades of gray, and we must act in accordance to the first tenant of balance, and not be swayed by the need for light or the dark. Sometimes the most deplorable of acts will bring about a most constructive end, and the tenants of good men often lead to destruction.

Reason

It is the gift of man to think clearly. That which separates use from the other beast of Elyria is that when a wolf thinks “I am hungry” he must eat whatever he can find. When a Mann thinks “I am hungry” he must reason for his health, his food stores, and the needs of others. Mann has the ability to see the world clearly and balance the pros and cons of all actions. The reason is the ability to be driven by what is seen, divorced from the overpowering drives of the body and emotion.

Diplomacy

It is not for Mann to act irrationally, as we possess reason, we also have the ability to stand apart from our violent tendencies and hear out the reason of others. Actions with those with different views should be taken with an eye for all viewpoints. We must understand the entirety of the situation before acting, and if needed give way for the difference between us.

Lunacy

It is by the minds divorce of the body, and the soul's ability to walk the realm outside itself that deepest truths are seen. Those that others may call insane in other parts of the world are seen as blessed among The VeiTongues. The Magic men that went mad were still men that saw deeper parts of reality than any other men alive. While their lunacy should not destroy the world with their words, we must still listen intently for any shred of truth that may fall from the unfettered mind of Mann.

The Shield

The Tree and Roots

The tree calls us back to itself in our dying years. It reminds us that we are of both the earth and the sky and that while we may die, portions of our body and our soul reenter the earth and once again become us.

9/30/2016 10:19:10 AM #1

To find us come to The VeilTongues Discord

9/30/2016 10:19:34 AM #2

A Letter to All

Welcome Traveler,

You have stepped beyond the veil of the civilized world and entered a vast wilderness, remote and covered in herbs and tall plants. The County's towns and cities seems to blend into the natural world around it rather than having been cut from it. Tall trees and bushy plants seem to occupy the bustling streets of each city as if they were citizens just like the menn and womenn going about their days.

This is The VeilTongues, a County designed with the mission of unraveling the arts and sciences of nature. If you are a soul bent on discovering the roving of the stars and planets, the medical and dastardly products concocted from herbs, the training and breeding of animals, or the simple questions of "why?", this may be your home.

Currently VeilTongues is planned for the Kingdom of Vornair, in the Duchy of The Conclave of Aritaur.

If you wish to make a living as an herbalist, apothecary, astronomer, tamer, breeder, or any form of natural scientist please consider settling in The VeilTongues. We greet all and judge none. The hawk and the bat, the stag and the wolf stand in balance, neither being evil and neither of good.

Sincerely,

Count D'Tarin HjartaSeiðr, HighTongue of The VeilTongues, "The Soul of Mann is Magic Enough"

9/30/2016 10:20:06 AM #3

The Histories

The Ancient Past

The Founding of the House of HjartaSeiðr and The Veil Tongue

“I cannot see!” screamed the High Enchantress tearing the veil from her eyes. “My vision, my art. Where have they gone? Where have I gone…” the screams became once more a silent mumble and sob. The woman’s dark eyes pooled with blood and dripped crimson onto her white dress and fingers. The binding around her wrists were soaked in deep crusted brown blood, and she wept openly.

The villagers darted quickly across the square trying not to notice the Enchantress. Rumors had been coming in for months about the burning of Magic. A vast majority of the towns people were gathered to hear the words of the elders. Villages all around spoke about the insanity of their enchanters, touch healers, chanters, mages, sorcerers and the like. All menn of magic had burnt out and were lost.

The Enchantress had lost her sanity two fortnight ago and the screaming had diminished the spirit of the once proud townsfolk to ghosts of their previous selves. Even the elders looked dismayed, all except the naturalist DaTorak HjartaSeiðr, his head was held high. Despite being the youngest of the elders, he seemed the only left with spirit and certainty of self. DaTorak stepped forward, “People of the Veil, the calamity is real, magic has been wrenched from the world of Mann, it’s influence can no longer guide us and give us light. We must come out of this and stand as a people, we must not…”

A wicked scream erupted from the Enchantress, “You fools, you empty creatures, you may never exist without us, the world will burned without out magical sight, you are lost you are…” The gurgling stopped as DaTorak stepped forward knife in hand, gripping the Enchantress by the chin, pulls out her tongue. In a smooth motion DaTorak slashes the bright pink muscle from the woman's mouth. The dark woman falls to the floor thrashing about, blind and dumb, gurgles issue forth from her mouth and a pink froth envelops her face, dripping down to the ground.

“The time of magic has moved past us” bellows DaTorak, “now is the time of spirit and hope. We must stand strong, and use our wits, if one day magic returns to us our minds must be sharp enough to gather it once more into our brilliance. Until that time, out tongues shall remain veiled and our mystical knowledge will be help close. To each Mann, we on the council charge you with the discovery of the deeper quieter magic of nature. Foster the knowledge this world has for you, and do not hold to the magics of the past. The soul of Mann is magic enough!”

Recent History

How The VeilTongues and Clan HjartaSeiðr came to Vornair

The current leader of The VeilTongues, D'Tarian HjartaSeiðr, was once a Baron of the great Kingdom of Blackheart, in the Duchy of Darkholm. He thrived as a master apothecary, friend to the Duke Ages of Avalon, and Professor at the Academy of Agravaine. However recent events forced the Baron to leave Blackheart taking refuge in Vornair.

The Dire, an ancient sec of deep woods wolves, smelled change and destruction in the wind. They spoke with the High Tongue and demanded that they remove themselves from the Kingdom immediately and find a new home. The concept of leaving his home tore the Elder apart emotionally and he lost all hope, but heading the words of the wise Dire Queen, D'Tarian began a long trek out of Blackheart and into the open arms of Vornair.

Upon their arrival in Vornair the Tongues were greeted by High Queen Asami Rhyne and the Lofi Jarl Duchess Aleerayn Aritaur. The Lofi and The High Tongue D'Tarian hit it off instantly and became close friends. The entirety of The VeilTongues found their home in The Conclave of Aritaur where D'Tarian was raised to the title of Count, and the The VeilTongues grew from a small village into a thriving County, at it's center the forested city of The Thicket.

Destruction of the Old Village

Late into the night, an evening of a new moon, when the sky's light is drown in overcast; wolves prowl through the village square. A solitary leffit scarmbles up the side of a building, scurrying along the edge of a roof, watching in silence

A group of six wolves the size of horses roam in a circle around the village center, angry and looking for blood. The windows are all dark except for a single lantern sitting on a windowsill in a solitary house.

A distant howl echos and the wolves all repeat the bemoaned scream into the sky and set off towards the road leading to the capital.

The single lantern rocks as if a wind is blowing it, it tilts off the windowsill and into the house, moments later flames lick up at the rooftops. Soon the house is ablaze. The town rests silent except the rage of the flames. The lone leffit scrambles across the roof, away from the flames, finding her way to the ground. Bounding through the grass, she puts distance between herself and the burning city, turning to watch the flames. The flames engulf the house and jumps to houses next to it ignoring the trees spotting the village.

Soon the entire village is alight. everyone from distant Agravaine can see the burning.

Construction of the The Thicket

A large grove of trees sits apart, a tall old growth copse with beastly trees, trunks as thick as a shed, and height reaching up to the skies, peering up it seems as if the trees are tickling the underbelly of the clouds. Around the copse is a valley meadow, the meadow expands out 100 years a in each direction before disappearing into a dense forest.

Within the grove a sound alien to the woods, that of hammers on nails, a wood-saws indicates that construction has begun. However not a single behemoth of a tree from within the copse has been harmed. The houses and lodge are constructed in such a fashion that they marry the small grove. The village and copse are becoming one, a living breathing harmony of Mann and wilderness. The Tongues, the people of this village busy themselves with laughter and hard work, never showing the tracks of long travel, or regaining on their faces. In the center of the copse, there is a snap pool fed by a steam that travels from one end of the meadow to the other. At the edge of this pool sits a massive wolf the size of a horse. The wolf sits frozen and still, her eyes carefully inspecting the construction going up around her. At her side stands a white haired man, in deep green robes of finest wool, the smell of the deep forest seems to cling to him more than it does to the trees cascading overhead. The VeilTongues have found their new home, and the man and the Queen of the Dire stand in deep conversation. These are all good things, this is a good new and beautiful start.

9/30/2016 10:21:44 AM #4

Recruitment

The VeilTongues are now accepting applications for anyone interested in helping to run a County as a Councilor, as well we are lookign for Barons, Mayors, and Guilds looking for a home.

10/2/2016 4:30:51 AM #5

Recruitment

County Council positions open, if you wish to help run a County, but you don't wish to invest the $500 to play a Count, I need you on my council to manage the complexities of CoE royal life.

10/3/2016 9:47:48 AM #6

well written!

10/5/2016 8:06:05 AM #7

happy to have you in the conclave!

10/9/2016 8:51:40 AM #8

I am proud stand beside you in the Conclave. And more importantly, to stand beside you in battle!

10/9/2016 10:43:23 AM #9

Current Open Position

The Herald: Taken By Sir Alvy Jorlene: Stand in the place of The HighTongue when he is away from The VeilTongues. With the Count acting as Chancellor to the esteemed house of Aritaur, the Viscount Speaker will be responsible for general management of the County in his stead.

Councilor of Structure: Manage the physical resources of The VeilTongues. Assist in management of taxes, trade, and infrastructure.

Councilor of Wisdom: Manage all intellectual, economic, and spiritual matters within The VeilTongues. Help manage contracts with churches, schools, associations, and guilds.

Sherif: This is position is responsible for all military, militia, and justice within The VeilTongues.

10/29/2016 12:32:21 PM #10

A wonderful post my friend, were I to be playing on the same server then there is no other place I would want to play. The culture and role play in the veils is truly amazing and a joy to share in.

11/13/2016 3:39:40 AM #11

Still in search of capable players that wish to help govern a County and see it grow. Also looking for Crafters who desire free access to crafting space.

11/19/2016 5:05:00 AM #12

And a Bumping back to you dear D'T

11/20/2016 2:11:05 AM #13

Hello everyone! I am the Viscount of this County. This is a really lovely county to be in! D'Tarian is a very warm and welcoming Count, and he will do his best to make sure you fit in, not just in his own County but the Duchy as well.

Some highpoints of this county: *There will be laws preventing religious warfare. If you wish to have religious tolerance, practice whatever you wish without persecution and not have wars over it, this county is a wonderful place for you. *There will be an academy focusing on the learning and research of the natural sciences. As the headmistress of the Academy, it may not be my aim to make it the number one academy to learn from (that's a rather lofty goal in the start) I will do my utmost best to make this a perfect place for those who wish to learn. *RP totally welcomed but not required! D'Tarian and I both absolutely love our RP, but that does not mean that you will be required, shall you not wish. D'Tarian is an amazing roleplayer, so if that's your thing, you'll definitely like it here. Be careful. He can get super serious. ;)

There are many other reasons to join The VeilTongues! I've only hit on a few reasons that made me want to join this county. All in all, have fun, learn with us, do your own thing, whatever your heart desires. We would love to have you here in The VeilTongues! Hope to hear from you soon. :)

May Melon be with you.

11/20/2016 2:14:52 AM #14

Hello everyone! I am the Viscount of this County. This is a really lovely county to be in! D'Tarian is a very warm and welcoming Count, and he will do his best to make sure you fit in, not just in his own County but the Duchy as well.

Some highpoints of this county:

There will be laws preventing religious warfare.

If you wish to have religious tolerance, practice whatever you wish without persecution and not have wars over it, this county is a wonderful place for you.

There will be an academy focusing on the learning and research of the natural sciences.

As the headmistress of the Academy, it may not be my aim to make it the number one academy to learn from (that's a rather lofty goal in the start) I will do my utmost best to make this a perfect place for those who wish to learn.

RP totally welcomed but not required!

D'Tarian and I both absolutely love our RP, but that does not mean that you will be required, shall you not wish. D'Tarian is an amazing roleplayer, so if that's your thing, you'll definitely like it here. Be careful. He can get super serious. ;)

There are many other reasons to join The VeilTongues! I've only hit on a few reasons that made me want to join this county. All in all, have fun, learn with us, do your own thing, whatever your heart desires. We would love to have you here in The VeilTongues! Hope to hear from you soon. :)

May Melon be with you.

12/2/2016 7:33:14 AM #15

Pleased to announce that Lady Zephrine Jorlene will be acting as Viscount Speaker for the county of the VeilTongues.