COMMUNITY - FORUMS - SOULS, TALENTS, & REINCARNATION
The Good Guys of Magick

We know about liches and we know about vampires.

What about the good guys on the opposite side of the spectrum? For example, a saint with light power? You go on this pilgrimage to all of these good ancient sites, which have yet to be discovered, drinking wine and bread the entire time, not taking any lives, and boom! You can keep liches away with your holy light and burning oil.

- Shmuck

10/3/2016 9:22:10 PM #1

The game said it was not meant to be balanced, but I believe -and please correct me if I'm wrong- that while being evil and doing terrible things may eventually lead to you being able to turn lich/vampire, that's not a talent that's just a trait that occurs. I think that the people the soulborn engine decides are meant to fight it will probably acquire talents that will aid them on their quest. But I do think that it's an awesome idea for people as pure as their counterparts are dark to have the opportunity to become like superhuman saints or angels etc

10/3/2016 10:04:06 PM #2

I believe the greatest enemy of vampires would actually be other vampires. CoE vampires feed off of spirit, but can also consume the soul entirely once they're strong enough. Those who lose their souls become vampires themselves, and may not be terribly pleased about that. The only way to release the soul is to slay the vampire that stole it. Whether this kills both vampires by sending the souls back to the Akashic Library, if the winning vampire reclaims their soul and releases the others, or takes the pot as it were, I don't know.

As far as needing saints or anything like that to fight the forces of darkness, I'm fairly certain that anyone with a sword (and maybe a shield, I hear those help) is capable of becoming a hero.

It's not a problem, it's a plot hook!

10/3/2016 10:11:50 PM #3

There are no good magic users.

I shall be releasing the Elyrian version of the Malleus Maleficarum the second we get books.

Coming Soon(tm)

10/3/2016 10:14:20 PM #4

Posted By chipla at 3:11 PM - Mon Oct 03 2016

There are no good magic users.

I shall be releasing the Elyrian version of the Malleus Maleficarum the second we get books.

Burn the witches! Unless, of course, their magic involves not being burnt. In which case drown the witches!

10/7/2016 5:59:03 AM #5

The love is great here. Lol

- Shmuck

10/7/2016 11:48:31 PM #6

Seriously hoping we see anti-magic techniques or items.

I'd love to be able to either hunt mages or use certain herbs to resist spells. That'd be another neat feature for an economy.

10/7/2016 11:57:51 PM #7

Posted By Wall of Light at 4:48 PM - Fri Oct 07 2016

Seriously hoping we see anti-magic techniques or items.

I'd love to be able to either hunt mages or use certain herbs to resist spells. That'd be another neat feature for an economy.

I've got your anti-magic right here.

Vampire, mage, pale person wearing fancy robes; it doesn't matter to the stake.

10/8/2016 12:51:43 AM #8

Casually sets up lyrium stand.

In the "miscellaneous oddities" box since times unbeknownst to humans.

11/24/2016 11:31:06 PM #9

Posted By The Doomkitten at 8:51 PM - Fri Oct 07 2016

Casually sets up lyrium stand.

You Understand. LOL

- Shmuck

3/2/2017 6:10:10 AM #10

So, what about blessing statues? Would the effects of these evolve over time to a specific character that makes a routine pray date every week or so?

Ugh, knowing so little about all this is killing m-

- Shmuck

3/24/2017 4:56:49 AM #11

Hexenhammer, HO!

3/24/2017 8:16:51 AM #12

They have stated that liches etc won't be common, so hold no expectation of automatically becoming a lich by trolling people. After all the game is deliberately low fantasy. Most people are intended to be "normal".

Good OP and a nice idea.

There are many talents. Perhaps those engaging such dangerous foes will trigger their own.