[NA] Norður Fólk

Norður Fólk

Location/Loyalties

Kingdom: Vornair

Duchy: The Grand Duchy of Erzhalden

County: Völsung County

Introduction

Greetings fellow Elyrians!

I am Hrothgar Valdarson, leader of the Norður Fólk and Völsung County. The Norður Fólk is a guild focused on having a strong military, with a supporting focus on economics and crafting to support the military arm. Our goal is to have the strong military but to also have a diverse group of supporting cast to provide whatever we may need. Regardless of the role that you wish to play within Elyria, we have a place for you among the Norður Fólk.

Lore

The Norður Fólk's lore is based off of Old Norse/Viking culture. Our guild and much of Völsung County will have this theme and lore, however it is not a requirement that every resident adhere to. It is simply the back story that myself and others wanted and it is there for lore purposes and to add an element for those who wish to RP.

Rank Structure

Council of Elders

Consists of 4 Elder's, each having their own responsibilities and seeing to the overall well being of the guild. Each will hold a vote when deciding important matters for the guild. There are 4 roles filled by the elders:

• Ellri af Ófridr (Elder of War) - Oversees the training and equipping of the warriors of the guild. Works closely with other military officials within Völsung County. - Open

• Ellri af Penningr (Elder of Coin) - Oversees the guild treasury, taking out and repayment of loans by members, collecting donations, putting aside and maintaining an emergency fund for the guild. - Open

• Ellri af Réttr (Elder of Law) - Investigates any potential violations of law by guild members. Ensures that all laws (County, Duchy, and Kingdom) are being enforced within the guild and that members are not straying outside those laws. Submits findings and suitable punishment to guild leader and the council to be reviewed before being carried out. - Hadding Nordrivaldr

• Ellri af Varnaðr (Elder of Goods) - Works with the crafters, merchants, and traders of the guild to gather goods needed by the guild. Speaks with other Elder's and Chieftan to decide how to best use those resources. Works to ensure the guild has what resources it needs to function and works with traders to barter or outright sell any excess. - Verdandi Torkel

Frægr

Veteran members. Those who have proven to be valuable and loyal beyond a doubt to the Norður Fólk.

Drengr

The warriors of the guild. Expected to help protect guild interests and if called upon, help protect the Duchy and Kingdom.

Fólk

The non-military members of the guild. These are our crafters, traders, merchants, adventurer's, etc. They may play a part in times of war as far as military service, but it is not their everyday vocation.

Ungmenni

The recruit rank of the guild. These are those who have not yet proven themselves.

These are subject to change and there will likely be some specialized leadership positions coming in the future.

Our Goals

I want the Norður Fólk to be a diverse guild with a focus on military. Having the strong military presence requires support roles as well, for those who serve as warrior types need the support of crafters, farmers, merchants, etc etc. We won't be able to provide everything ourselves. The scale of the game tells me this just isn't feasible, but I feel that we will largely be able to take care of our own and have the support to field a strong group of warriors to aid the County, Duchy and Kingdom in times of need.

All are welcome

All law abiding citizens are welcome here and we encourage people to play the way they want to play. You pay to play the game and you play to have fun. We are here to enhance that experience not take away from it. We are a community. We are here to work together, to build a strong and prosperous guild, and most of all have a great time doing it.

Both myself and the barons/mayors in the County offer incentives for residents and we will do all we can to help you get started and to achieve your goals.

Help us build a strong community and in return reap the benefits of being a part of that community. Help us help you!

For more information please visit our website (link below) or discord channel. Or contact me via PM here in the forums.

General Info

If you would like to join us you can register on the website and fill out our short application, maybe throw up a post telling us a bit about yourself in the open forums and we will get back to you asap!

Thank you for your interest in the Norður Fólk!

10/9/2016 3:51:21 PM #1

Are you a warrior looking for a lord and a place to call home?

Perhaps you are a great adventurer, looking for a base of operations and a community to support you?

Or perhaps you are a craftsmen or merchant, looking for a town in which to start a thriving business.

Regardless of who you are and what your role in Elyria will be, we have a place for you in our guild. I can also promise that you will recieve our support to help you achieve your goals! You in turn help us achieve our goals by joining and being a productive member of our community.

There is opportunity here for anyone wanting to join. We will have plenty of resources available to you in game and there will be some great incentives for our members.

For more info or to fill out an application, simply visit our website.

You can also join our Discord or pm me here on the forums for more information or if you have any questions.

We look forward to hearing from you!

Count Hrothgar Valdarson

10/11/2016 4:24:58 AM #2

We are always looking for new members! Thank you to those who have already shown interest in joining us.

We now have our own Discord channel up and running. You can find a link on the main page of our website (left hand side under quick links). Feel free to join and get to know myself and the other members better or if you have any questions.

10/11/2016 4:10:38 PM #3

You can read the first draft of our clan history/lore at http://nf-vornair.enjin.com/history.

Also placed the link in the original post and added image.

10/11/2016 10:20:27 PM #4

Cleaned up original post a bit. Added bullets.

10/13/2016 11:30:54 PM #5

Looking for active and social members who want to be a part of a growing community of good people. There is room for advancement if you are looking for a leadership role and always room for new members. We want a wide variety of players who are interested in all aspects of the game. Please visit our website or Discord for more info. We look forward to hearing from you!

10/14/2016 11:30:36 PM #6

Need good law abiding citizens to fill our ranks! Please check out our website and join us on our Discord channel (link on website). Join us and help us build a great community!

10/16/2016 2:08:59 AM #7

Hello to our newest member Vidgrip. Welcome aboard!

10/17/2016 12:58:59 AM #8

We are now pledged to the Duchy of Erzhalden (Kingdom of Vornair), lead by Jarl Copin Bälen of Clan Bälen. I feel it is a good fit for us and I feel the lore behind Clan Bälen blends well with our own.

10/17/2016 3:03:50 PM #9

Updated original post with more info.

10/18/2016 2:50:44 PM #10

Plenty of opportunity here for new members. Land, protection, advancement within guild and a place to grow and prosper.

10/19/2016 2:37:32 PM #11

Updated original post

10/19/2016 10:16:28 PM #12

Added new picture to post

10/22/2016 1:30:57 AM #13

We need you! Join the Clan and become a part of our growing community

10/25/2016 4:01:35 PM #14

We now stand at around 12-15 members committed to the guild upon release. Join us and help us continue to grow!

10/27/2016 11:28:57 PM #15

Just submitted my app!

Hjalmar Sorli, The Gray Baron of Skyggen Holde