COMMUNITY - FORUMS - SOULS, TALENTS, & REINCARNATION
Assassination mechanics

I'm curious how well the assassination mechanics will be like, for example if I were to shoot someone in the head with an arrow would it only take 1 arrow to kill them (like in real life) or would it require more. Also would you be able to paralyze someone with say a blow dart or would it have to be mixed into a drink? also if anyone has any more ideas or would be able to explain any of these that would be greatly appreciated.

The Shadow

10/13/2016 5:57:23 AM #1

I'm curious about this as well . Am I able to visit an apothecary for a strong poison , befriend the Kings personal chef . Then pay that chef to poison the Kings food ? I want to know so bad XD (Edit: I do assume since most characters will be actual players , that my idea mentioned before would be plausible . But how would the poisoning work ?)

Do You Think God Stays in Heaven Because He too Lives in Fear of What He's Created

10/13/2016 6:00:36 AM #2

They've mentioned the use of poisons and mixing it with foods/drinks. but that's about it. A lot of us are waiting for more on the Assassination Mechanics.

10/17/2016 10:08:37 PM #3

the only problem with mixing it with food though is I believe they stated if you are in your own home, you won't need to drink or eat.

The Shadow

10/17/2016 10:16:32 PM #4

As far as I remember one being in their home means that hunger and thirst don't increase (in other words ,you won't die) , but to actually raise them you still need to eat/drink.

10/17/2016 10:28:55 PM #5

Posted By DylanS at 3:08 PM - Mon Oct 17 2016

the only problem with mixing it with food though is I believe they stated if you are in your own home, you won't need to drink or eat.

Yes but it doesn't just happen. The home must be stocked with food and drink. Food and drink that could be poisoned.

It's not a problem, it's a plot hook!

10/18/2016 2:00:57 AM #6

Posted By eMadagio at 5:28 PM - Mon Oct 17 2016

Yes but it doesn't just happen. The home must be stocked with food and drink. Food and drink that could be poisoned.

oh ok thanks, btw if you have any other techniques or anything feel free to share

The Shadow

11/1/2016 11:17:51 PM #7

I'll have to keep my eye on this, the assassin life is the only life I live for. Apart from venoms, herbal poisons, chemistry and related poisons regarding technologies such as making toxin smoke bombs for close quarter combat. As apart to if having real world knowledge on making poisons comes into play for the game and the herblore.

http://forum.guildlaunch.net/7/8/7/0/530787/forums/generic%20forum%20sig2.png

12/9/2016 8:03:16 PM #8

Assassination has been one of the mechanics we havent really gotten to have an in depth conversation on

12/9/2016 8:13:23 PM #9

Assassination isn't really its own thing. Its just killing.

Maybe it involves other parts of the game like mentioned in this thread -- poisons, alchemy and such. But at the end of the day its just killing someone.

The mechanics for assassination are going to be the same as the mechanics for killing anyone else, and might be aided by other useful disciplines like stealth and potion making.

Even if you "assassinate" a king, its just another way of saying you killed a high-fame player.

12/10/2016 10:12:13 AM #10

If it is just like normal killing, the first hit only incapacitates someone. After that, you can decide whether you want to do a Coup de Grace and actually make him lose spirit.

Alt text

12/10/2016 11:50:14 AM #11

I think most assassins will try this sort of thing, get arrested and give up.

I think the best assassins, who actually make a living out of it, will make deaths look natural.

Remember that this isn't going to be like Skyrim where you can just fight your way through a ship full of men and stab the King in the face.

If you're trying to inconspicuously approach a VIP to assassinate them you're going to have either no armour, or limited concealed armour, plus weapons you're able to hide in public, mainly daggers and possible a sword if they're allowed in that particular town etc.

If the VIP is anyone of note they'll have guards, who'll likely be armoured and with halberds or some form of polearm. The chances of you winning against just one of them are super slim, and if you fail then you're now knocked out and being taken to the local court/baron to be tried for attempted murder, so say goodbye to a chunk of game time!

Even things such as blow darts will easily be recognisable as soon as anyone inspects the body. They might work if you're just killing some guy in a backstreet as you could dispose of the body, but I don't think it's really going to be good enough risk/reward murdering unknown people in back-alleys.

I think you should focus on alchemy and skills such as disguises, things which will allow you to get close to VIPs and make it look natural or like an accident. Forget weapons altogether.

Taking down a noble will likely take weeks of planning and trust-building before you're in the right position to execute the assassination.

Not to mention you need to do it without incriminating yourself, and then safely extract without suspicion.

It's going to be damned tough and I think the vast, vast majority of wannabe assassins will give up when they first get caught and lose weeks of game time.

But if you have the patience and cunning to spend weeks planning, and the charisma to build trust and gain access to VIPs, you could probably make quite a pretty penny!

12/10/2016 2:58:46 PM #12

Posted By eMadagio at 6:28 PM - Mon Oct 17 2016

Remember the King/Duke/Count/Baron (Any person of aristocracy or nobility) will at some point or regularly make parties to show themselves or in honor of someone or something. People eat at those parties, so with that said, food poisoning is a thing.

12/14/2016 8:21:25 PM #13

Posted By Barghest at 06:50 AM - Sat Dec 10 2016

But if you have the patience and cunning to spend weeks planning, and the charisma to build trust and gain access to VIPs, you could probably make quite a pretty penny!

It's not going to benefit you at all to stay around your target too long. The longer you are around your target the easier it is for them to see through your disguise. Also it is easier for them to discover the identity of the assassin at the crime scene the longer the assassin spent time around the victim. A couple weeks is a couple years; that is a very long time by then your target probably figured out your real identity and your motif.

1/3/2017 9:56:41 PM #14

I like everyone view on assassination and in my opinion it is something that will required a lot of time and dedication. I personally like the assassins' life and it is something i will spent my very first life spark on perfecting for as long as I can. The higher the noble you want dead the harder the challenge the higher the price. I dont think it will be a very popular line of work but you will always find someone like me in the shadows willing to do it if the price is right...

1/3/2017 10:05:39 PM #15

Posted By DanielPingu at 1:56 PM - Tue Jan 03 2017

I dont think it will be a very popular line of work but you will always find someone like me in the shadows willing to do it if the price is right...

Yeah should be pretty rare...