COMMUNITY - FORUMS - SOULS, TALENTS, & REINCARNATION
Spirit beast

I was thinking since souls are a big part of the game and not everyone can get a talent it would be interesting if there was a way where you can look for some ruin see some figure and with further reading you find out it is a spirit beast and by collecting some resources you can absorb both spirit and power of the beast granting you a form of immortality and the powers of the beast but this can be achieved by a person without a talent, if anyone can improve or expand upon what I said feel free.

Darius Williams

10/15/2016 1:09:27 AM #1

Didn't mean to multI post

Darius Williams

10/15/2016 1:14:46 AM #2

I know that a lot of folks probably don't want to see any magic at all, but I personally would not mind there being artifacts or ways to gain magical power during a single lifetime, outside of talents.

I think that adds something for people to adventure for. Not just exploration, but the possibility of riches and power beyond anything that can be gained from living the life of a farmer.

But it should not be common or easy to obtain, nor should it be bound to your soul.

10/15/2016 11:35:38 AM #3

When I read the title, my first thought was a beast on the astral plane that is your personal guide.

If you can discover this astral beast, maybe you can call them out to help you in some way, maybe as a scout or some other basic protection of your soul/life.

~ Goody Odsbodikins, Count of the Highest State. ~
Friend Code: F41EFF

11/7/2016 3:20:45 AM #4

Possibly identifying your spirit beast would allow for you to traverse the astral plane quicker, allowing you to return to your body when in any other case you couldn't.

Good food and strong drink!

11/7/2016 5:25:38 AM #5

And i thought in a beast that lives in the astral plane and hunts people that are traveling there, like a 0,001% encounter chance that permanently drains something from your soul... or instant permadeath : ]

11/7/2016 5:56:33 AM #6

I didn't know if you were meaning Spirit Beast as a beast in spirit form (ghost) or a beast that will transfer both spirit and power. I personally think exploring the astral plane by one way or another will be a fantastic adventure. Bestowing Spirit might be another matter. If this is a repeatable task by others (not a talent and is not unique) then the secret might get out. In my opinion altering the spirit progression will effect not only the in game character or characters of others but also the studio's income. Where it probably won't be a massive exodus to find the spirit beast, there will be some or perhaps more than some. So if a player can slow or stop their spirit loss then they have effectively slowed or stopped renewal and having to buy another spark of life. If we can drop the spirit part of the beast and just let the beast give a buff for a week or so and a guided tour of the spirit world that would be enough for me.

"Count Eldric Blackmoore of The Haven, offering direct support for the Hunters, Explorers and Gathers of Elyria" the

11/7/2016 6:00:40 AM #7

No offense, but I think people need to get over the aging mechanism. The idea is interesting, but it shouldn't be a source of immortality.

I know there are ways to get around the mortality through undeath, but that comes at the cost of your soul being stopped from increasing its skill ramps any further (essentially meaning for the sake of skill boosts being carried over to future lives you pretty much died at the point you became "immortal"). If anything should extend ones life towards immortality it should have a similar limitation or it'll be unreasonably OP.

As for the ring that grants you immunity to physical harm, except fire, I don't think it actually protects you against aging, it's technically not physical harm.

Either way, aging is a good thing I think, among other it prevents some of the elitist tendencies of veterans preying on new players that happens to often in some of these sandbox games, choking the input of new players to the game. You also won't have griefers having the potential of growing unbeatable because they managed to stay on top of everyone else, their selfish reign of ruining the game for everyone else will then be assured to end at some point. And for SBS it means they can create assets that will always prove useful and fun for both new and old players, rather than having to choose between the two.