COMMUNITY - FORUMS - SOULBORN ENGINE
Monitoring my OPC?

Just curious how monitoring my OPC will be done. Will there be an app that lets me check a sort of running commentary as to what they have been / are doing and alter their AI?

Will there be an option for an app that lets me take a screen shot of what they are currently doing and it come to me so I can see with my eyes what they are doing?

I would love the ability to do tests with my code for my OPC when I set them a routine to do so I can confirm that they are doing what I want them to do etc!

10/17/2016 5:00:13 AM #1

I do know they were talking about an app that would be available to monitor your OPC. They did not say anything about sending you screenshots, but they did, however, state that you could see your characters' hunger, thirst etc. It was said that the app will tell us what our OPC is doing, and would be able to change that from the app.

Let's say your OPC has been running the smithy since you logged off for the night. In the morning you could tell him to go rest for a while, and then go back to running the shop. At lunch you could tell him to go hang out at the tavern etc.

The detail and precision with which we can control our OPC, I imagine would rely on the precision of the preset codes given to us by the Devs, as well as our personal coding proficiency. And now that I think of it, I do not recall them saying anything about us being able to write code for the app, though I imagine it wouldn't be a difficult thing to do. At the very least the app could access our list of OPC commands and let us use any of the presets or any that we have written in game.

Anyone with any more information, please add on or correct me. Thanks!

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."

-Plato

11/17/2016 4:32:21 PM #2

This would be great (the App). Also, could OPC not have thirst/hunger diminish while you are offline? What if you don't have money to purchase and replenish? What if you are away for more than an evening (real life issues)? I know that OPC can be killed, but I don't think that hunger/thirst should be the cause of death; perhaps, rather it would be best to die from discovering new things, people, or creatures. Or getting caught in the crossfire.

11/17/2016 4:45:10 PM #3

Posted By AValentine at 10:32 AM - Thu Nov 17 2016

This would be great (the App). Also, could OPC not have thirst/hunger diminish while you are offline? What if you don't have money to purchase and replenish? What if you are away for more than an evening (real life issues)? I know that OPC can be killed, but I don't think that hunger/thirst should be the cause of death; perhaps, rather it would be best to die from discovering new things, people, or creatures. Or getting caught in the crossfire.

If you are in the wild then you would die. In town you won't starve or die of thirst as long as the town has a ready source of both.

Your levels won't go up unless you eat/drink or have provisions in your pack (will automatically use them at set points if available) but you won't die in town. In the wilds...plan better would b my answer.

Changing the rules for offline versus online defeats the entire purpose of the OPC.