COMMUNITY - FORUMS - LUNA DOMAINS
Folkvangr - True Norse

What is Folkvangr?

We are Folkvangr a Thanedom with a Norse Culture, located in the vast kingdom of Vornair. focused on the idea that hard work breeds prosperity and self worth, Folkvangr aims to bring experiences, ranging from life in the long hall to community, ceremonial events, and Adapting true norse ideals in the tapestry that is Chronicles of Elyria.

But why Norse?

It’s in good tradition of the norse to take what works and make it better, using the Hurstwic social structure, a pre-feudal era system. And combining it with another I was able to create a effort based class system that promotes the strong, rewards the willing, and hinders the un-industrious. Many key factors come into play when a person applies for a title. his/her wealth, social status, Trade/Profession be it military or economic, this is a duo level tree allowing a rather high growth inside the city, this gives every man/woman a chance to become an influential member of the city. :Do note that this is far from a complete list.

Our goal as a Thanedom..

Our goal, economic prosperity, and military might, bring the name Folkvangr to the face of war, trade, and politics..

Honored Halls, Noble Families of Folkvangr

First you have the Honored Families. They are members of political houses that run the Thanedom..every member of a honored hall is expected to act in accordance to local laws and political professionalism.

Second you have the Hall Family. They are members of non political houses.. They operate in the city as you would expect a normal guild would.. Some are military based.. Other general labor and crafting.. They make up a build of the family houses in folkvangr.

When a hall forms they are able to “add more” families to their hall. Creating shield siblings.. Shield siblings are members of the same hall.. Imagine it like adopting another family in to the greater hall. Honored Halls are also allowed to vessel Halls, creating a tighter working relationship with smaller halls

Arms halls

The military is based on a one or many “Honored Halls” and several smaller “Halls” forming constructive unit.. The honored hall(s) take control of the unit of warrior from the allied halls.. Though each hall will maintain its own force and ranking. If a hall of mercs pledges a vassal to a honored hall they are bound in oath, and then conscripted into the military. Independent halls “ mercs “ are classed as private contracted soldiers.. And will be able to take contracts.. With lesser success then a “hall” that vessaled to a honored hall.. Making it very appealing to join a larger hall to gain better spoils

Laborers & Labor Halls,

Laborers are subcontractors, Laborers are for the most part a low tier citizen working to buy his first social title, living of the goodwill of other Citizens, and completing contracted work for the City

A Labor hall, is a good example of a civil service, this location provides food board and other basic needs to the citizens contracted to the hall, this is where as a new citizen or a laborer you are able to gain work contracts for construction, farming, apprentices and other requested areas, consider this folkvangrs form of a job board

Merchant Hall

Its best to consider a privately controlled company, consisting of a service, such as an auction house, bank, blacksmith, ect.

What we offer,

We offer every person that joins the same thing. A place to rest your head, and mead to warm your gut. However, if you do bring a larger family, we will accommodate you with the proper assets given the proper work and effort is accomplished.

Interested in Joining?

11/28/2015 8:06:54 AM #1

Welcome!

11/28/2015 8:18:15 AM #2

Which server shall you be ruling from, Konungur Daichi?

Alt text - can be left blank

11/28/2015 9:58:37 AM #3

NA server, and i'm actually a Raogjafi not the king :P :Edit, I am the Elder, so Just a Leader of my City

11/28/2015 11:51:39 AM #4

I love how in depth your descriptions are, I hope to get to know you guys better in game.

1/1/2016 4:05:46 AM #5

Greetings, I was hoping to find a Norse base family and I think I did :). If you good gents and maidens are still taking in members I would love to join up.

Einar Lothbrok “Lidet er om den mans vrede, som ingen vurder.” - “If you cannot bite, never show your teeth." Friend Code: 237B9D

1/2/2016 1:39:33 AM #6

Daichi, are you all still up at this?

-MX.

1/3/2016 9:57:38 PM #7

Jarundr Finnrson will be needing a home in game. Can't wait to see what you guys have planed.

Yippee ki-yay

1/6/2016 11:13:00 AM #8

Hello! its great to meet you guys!

1/7/2016 1:10:53 AM #9

Let the The lefse, lutefisk and Akvavit flow.

1/7/2016 2:15:32 AM #10

I've sent you some mail Daichi.

-MX.

1/7/2016 6:32:06 AM #11

Feel Free to join us on TS, we are most active on the weekends currently do to work restrictions!

1/10/2016 12:01:46 PM #12

Good to meet you!

1/15/2016 6:31:49 AM #13

Likewise.

Yippee ki-yay

2/20/2016 1:28:34 PM #14

Still looking for more members!

2/20/2016 1:48:35 PM #15

Daichi, I don't think we can consider this a village anymore, seems more akin to a kingdom or at-least an Italian city state. Congratulations on your expansion by the way!

-MX.