COMMUNITY - FORUMS - SOULBORN ENGINE
Your Seed (Child)

So as I was reading about the game I came across the fact that you are able to have your own CHILD?!?! But what gets me thinking is if a player marries another player of the same gender and have another player to have their child how will the transition work via "Child Contract"?

For Example: Player 1 Male Marries Player 2 Male. Player 1 Male and Player 2 Male want to have a child of their own so that he or she can inherit everything they own. Player 1 Male and Player 2 Male decide to talk to Player 1 Female to see if she is willing to have their baby. Player 1 Female agrees and signs the Child Contract. Player 1 Female and Player 1 Male have the baby

Now Player 1 Female and Player 1 Male have the baby they are both the parents... How will Player 1 Female give her paternal rights of the child she had with Player 1 Male to Player 2 Male?

10/31/2016 4:12:01 PM #1

In the child contract, one party (NPC or PC) is named as the "owner" of the child. So, you can make a child contract with another player and before signing the contract, figure out who is going to have custody of the resulting child. For married players, everything they own (including children) are considered shared, so you don't run into that issue. Likewise, once player 1 male and player 1 female have the baby, because player 1 male is married to player 2 male and player 1 male has custody of the child, player 2 male also has custody of the child.

Hope that helps.

10/31/2016 5:21:52 PM #2

From my understanding a Child Code is much like everything else in CoE, it is owned by a single individual. In your example, the Contract will probably pass the ownership (parental rights) to the Father of the child, Player 1 Male. And being as Player 1 Male is 'married' to Player 2 male, the code is available to either. However a separate contract may need to be written up between the Fathers defining who, if either, will use that child as an heir. If both parents want an heir, then two child codes and two children will be needed. Also I think a Will will also needed to be drawn up indicating that the child is indeed an heir to one of the fathers and all possessions of that father will be passed on during recreation.

I may be a little fuzzy about Children in CoE but from my recollection that is how things might work in your situation.

"Count Eldric Blackmoore of The Haven, offering direct support for the Hunters, Explorers and Gathers of Elyria" the