COMMUNITY - FORUMS - AGING & DYING
Aging & Dying

Hey guys!

So i was thinking about the whole dying and buying a new charachter thingy wich sounds cool and all but, I was thinking what if they added the option to have / adopt kids so when your character dies you can choose to play as your kid(s) and pass on the equipment you used and eventually make the equipment legendary as it gets older and older as reference they can use massive chalice's gameplay.

11/2/2016 8:24:36 PM #1

You don't really buy a new character. You buy a new 'Spark'-which is the essence of life needed to let your soul be reborn. Once you have that, you already have the option to inhabit your children or other descendants that you designate as heir. In fact, that's been mostly assumed as the default way to be reborn, as people want to build up their bloodlines.

Also known as AvA in Discord.

11/2/2016 8:26:39 PM #2

Looks like a good idea

Super hyped for this game!!!!!

11/2/2016 8:28:53 PM #3

Oh, forgot to mention. As far as legendary equipment, it's been said that equipment tends to become legendary when it gets used in story events they have planned. After all, you can pass a sword down through your family, but that doesn't guarantee that people will hear of it. But if it gets used in an event that has an impact on the world...

Also known as AvA in Discord.

11/2/2016 8:49:39 PM #4

That's part of the backbone of the game lol

You can definitely have/adopt a kid and play them in your next life as the heir

My ongoing biography, as written by the community:

Posted By annfrank at 04:15 AM - Tue Apr 11 2017

I'm woke AF

Posted By Apaukolypse at 05:31 AM - Fri Apr 21 2017

I like memes

¯_(ツ)_/¯

11/2/2016 8:50:41 PM #5

Ah ok, Thanks for your reply!

11/2/2016 9:05:59 PM #6

Yvitex, welcome to the community, hope you enjoy your stay...

I think you need to read the Dev Journal on Death and Dieing. That is exactly how CoE works. Your spark of life charages a soul which should last between 6-12 months depending on your play style at which time you will die from old age. Then you insert a new soul and play as your heir or another npc and if you planned your death right, you have passed your items to your child self.

Just remember also that equipment and items can improve with time. The items of 30 years ago may not be as good as a item made today. So, over time the items being passed down through generations may need to be replaced or upgraded.

"Count Eldric Blackmoore of The Haven, offering direct support for the Hunters, Explorers and Gathers of Elyria" the

11/2/2016 9:45:29 PM #7

Posted By AvariciaMoon at 1:28 PM - Wed Nov 02 2016

Oh, forgot to mention. As far as legendary equipment, it's been said that equipment tends to become legendary when it gets used in story events they have planned. After all, you can pass a sword down through your family, but that doesn't guarantee that people will hear of it. But if it gets used in an event that has an impact on the world...

Quite possibly my new favorite feature of the game.

11/2/2016 10:22:39 PM #8

genius idea! Maybe they could also create a system of meta content where players can sign contracts with each other creating a system of mass collaboration :0

11/3/2016 11:52:29 AM #9

@Aqueous i think thats a good idea aswell!!

Super hyped for this game!!!!!