COMMUNITY - FORUMS - FAN MEDIA
Dworvin's Commissions & Personal art

forum spacer, forum devider

Pirate Crew, Portraits, Peppered Pirates, Piracy Did some art work for a pirating crew and think it all turned out great. i am hopping to do similar work for profile pictures in for the COE forum and possibly a flag, jolly roger or banner for the group.

Crew mate from the Peppered Pirates gaming group

Many hours wen't into this piece. It was made at the request of Ellimary from a different gaming community.

about 6 hours wen't into this piece. It was made at the request of Melissa from a different gaming community.

Forum header took a couple hours or so.

Crest commissioned by Balthy Forum header spacer and footer commission buy Balthy, work took 5 hours.

Crest commissioned by Odin This crest was commissioned by Odin for the Order of the ravens shadow.

Forum Header Art Commission from Tenslea Darkholm of blackheart, Fan Art I got a new type of request. This is a forum header and footer requested by. Tenslea Darkholm of Black heart. the project took roughly 5 to 6 hours to complete. Looking forward to more projects like this one for sure. Forum Footer Art Commission from Tenslea Darkholm, COE Fan Art

Crest commissioned by Tasnik Kherlov This project was a rough work done in about an hour and a half for Tasnik.

Crest commissioned by Mayor Brisngr of Surda A 2 hour project for Mayor Brisngr of Surda.

Odin's Demon monk statue art work This project took me allot of time and challenged my skills, I do not wish to mark the amount of time I worked on it I personally liked this piece and so charged cheap for allot of work and dedication to detail.

Cydon's Coat of arms commission Cydon's Coat of arms I actually did not pay to much attention to how long this took but it was around 5 hours I believe.

Antiro's banner comision This piece took some 2 hours an a half I did it for Antiro from Aquitania of house RavenFang

Kacey's Portrait This piece took some 5 hours an a half I did it for Evelina Merys (Kacey)

Ulrick von Rothe's Icon Did this one for my self I know it did not take long... thought it went well with my nick name being the Pious Prince Ulrick.

Midomura house Crest A house crest for Midomura I also made variations of this for print and stamp you can find them on the blog

Blacksmith Forum Footer Forum signature.

Raven Crest or Sigil made by Dworvin Made this a while back for the lord Guardian for Tyria took 1 hour.

Forum Signature for Anaman made by Dworvin Forum Signature for Anaman made by Dworvin Footers made for Anaman. Used already created images and filters to make it took about 40 minutes.

Duke Anaman, Portrait Duke Anaman's Portrait. commission took 40 minutes.

Duke Anaman, custom crest, banner Duke Anaman's crest, (note some edits where made latter) commission to this point took 4 hours and 20 minutes.

Duke Immo Devine, custom armor Duke Immo Devine's custom armor request commission took 6 hours!

Fan Art, Kings Crest, Balance, Sword, Crown, Victory Wings, Dworvin, King Edward King Edwards crest of Tyria Piece took 3.1 hours

Fan Art, Raccoon, Banner, Crest, Tulloch, Dworvin House Tulloch Crest. Commission for Count Firunir Tulloch Commission duration 2 hours

Character Portrait, Maddy, Dworvin, Keepers of the light, cleric, standing, healer Character Portrait for Maddy. Duration 1 hour.

Character Portrait, warrior, Sam, Keeper of the light, sword and shield Character portrait for Sam, Duration 6-8 hours.

Scene, Portrait, Demon, Keepers of the light, Demon hunters Scene depicting keepers of the light Doing battle with a demon, Duration 45 minuts.

If you would like to have art made for yourself I charge a rate of 6$/Hr and can be payed through the pay pall and I work with you during the process to make sure you are satisfied with the project.

Was asked to post my official art blog hear is all my work: Dworvin Vonstrangle's Art Thread on Tumblr

11/5/2016 12:29:14 AM #1

I'm the head of House Tulloch and this is a great guy to get a banner made. Charges next to nothing for his work and lets you give feedback every step of the way, even willing to make changes so you can try different small details out

11/5/2016 12:31:32 AM #2

Looks like a decent sigil there, nice work Dworvin, however this brings me onto another issue.....

This is in reference to the Tulloc crest.

11/5/2016 12:34:15 AM #3

That is that I really do not like people selling there services on the forum for RL cash, this is not a marketplace.

11/5/2016 12:39:56 AM #4

Posted By Zultra at 5:31 PM - Fri Nov 04 2016

Look familliar to you?

The shield is a fairly standard template found on google images, $20 is lot for what is essientially a copy-paste with some editing.

very few things when it comes to crests etc are 'original' - typically a combination/modification of existing elements

i know i've seen the shape of your own shield before, as well as crossed swords, a lion, and the blue/black color combination

if you check my own logo it is a variation i made of a tree of life design i found online

so not quite sure what your point is, other than to stick a knife in the side of somebody who is offering a (paid) service to the community?

11/5/2016 12:49:19 AM #5

thank you for the defense Dleatherus. and As for your opinion Zultra I simply created what the customer wanted. If you wanted something more original I am very creative and can make what your thinking about a reality.

Also I love to do art, I would love a job in the field, its a very difficult field to find employment in and I find it totally fair to give the option to the community to get their ideas printed at a very good price.

11/5/2016 12:53:02 AM #6

Posted By Dleatherus at 12:39 AM - Sat Nov 05 2016

Posted By Zultra at 5:31 PM - Fri Nov 04 2016

Look familliar to you?

The shield is a fairly standard template found on google images, $20 is lot for what is essientially a copy-paste with some editing.

very few things when it comes to crests etc are 'original' - typically a combination/modification of existing elements

i know i've seen the shape of your own shield before, as well as crossed swords, a lion, and the blue/black color combination

if you check my own logo it is a variation i made of a tree of life design i found online

so not quite sure what your point is, other than to stick a knife in the side of somebody who is offering a (paid) service to the community?

I am not moaning about that, I'm moaning about people being charged for copy+Paste plus editing, my Maulvorn flag was free made by a buddy in about 30 or so mins, the banners for Terenia I think were made in-house.

Also this isn't a market place to sell stuff for RL money there are websites, I wouldn't mind if he had a link to his portfolio on the various art websites around in his signature.

11/5/2016 12:58:31 AM #7

Posted By Zultra at 5:53 PM - Fri Nov 04 2016

Also this isn't a market place to sell stuff for RL money there are websites, I wouldn't mind if he had a link to his portfolio on the various art websites around.

if you look in the tavern there are a number of talented individuals offering their services for commissions

there are folks offering to design crests, do portraits of their character, design banners etc

it's VERY common in every gaming community - players in the community who lack the time and/or skills to create their own art that will enhance their own enjoyment of the game, commission other members from within that community to produce it for them

If SBS has a problem with this, i;m sure they'll either notify the individuals or issue a blanket statement

until then i wouldn't worry about it too much and let players within the community help fill each others needs

11/5/2016 1:01:43 AM #8

Posted By Dleatherus at 12:58 AM - Sat Nov 05 2016

Posted By Zultra at 5:53 PM - Fri Nov 04 2016

Also this isn't a market place to sell stuff for RL money there are websites, I wouldn't mind if he had a link to his portfolio on the various art websites around.

if you look in the tavern there are a number of talented individuals offering their services for commissions

there are folks offering to design crests, do portraits of their character, design banners etc

Which is silly since we do not know how it will work in terms of character design especially if you start in a pre-made family, since you will be essientially rolling the dice on the parents DNA.

Same thing with sigils etc.. , till then it's rather pointless selling those sorts of services, again use sites outside of the forums for that sort of thing.

11/5/2016 1:54:10 AM #9

Zultra, chill out. You're making yourself look like a tool.

11/5/2016 5:22:54 AM #10

Posted By Kayadine at 6:54 PM - Fri Nov 04 2016

Zultra, chill out. You're making yourself look like an tool.

Idk Zultra, but honestly I think you maybe a bigger tool for using "an" instead of "a".

Also, I think this guy's work should stay on his discord/PMs or whatever. No need to come here and give us rates for his work and commissions. I'd have no problem with him displaying his artwork but why the rates?

And also, this is just a personal opinion, but his work doesn't seem really that neat from my perspective. His work takes 6-8 for a decent portrait which would cost $48, you could give that some 12 year old on deviant art and you'd probably get better quality.

TL;DR Your rate to quality ratio is too high, and I'd show my art work without the rates or prices.

Sorry if this is too harsh

You may have erased my signature, but you can't corner the dorner

11/5/2016 5:50:36 PM #11

Posted By OrangeBoy at 01:22 AM - Sat Nov 05 2016

Posted By Kayadine at 6:54 PM - Fri Nov 04 2016

Zultra, chill out. You're making yourself look like an tool.

Idk Zultra, but honestly I think you maybe a bigger tool for using "an" instead of "a".

Also, I think this guy's work should stay on his discord/PMs or whatever. No need to come here and give us rates for his work and commissions. I'd have no problem with him displaying his artwork but why the rates?

And also, this is just a personal opinion, but his work doesn't seem really that neat from my perspective. His work takes 6-8 for a decent portrait which would cost $48, you could give that some 12 year old on deviant art and you'd probably get better quality.

TL;DR Your rate to quality ratio is too high, and I'd show my art work without the rates or prices.

Sorry if this is too harsh

Don't wipe your hands of it after that comment! With the "Sorry if this is too harsh" XD that's so mean :,(

11/5/2016 6:59:35 PM #12

anyway if anyone wants my full portfolio I do post any art I do weather a masterpiece or a little doodle on my tumblr page. DworvinVonstrangle.tumblr.com

11/6/2016 6:32:16 AM #13

Posted By Dworvin at 11:59 AM - Sat Nov 05 2016

anyway if anyone wants my full portfolio I do post any art I do weather a masterpiece or a little doodle on my tumblr page. DworvinVonstrangle.tumblr.com

After viewing your entire portfolio, I think I realize semi-accurately how talented you really are.

For you to be offering your services for such a low cost is very nice and I don't think people realize the range of ideas you can make come to life.

+1, undoubtedly

PS I'd like to know what schooling you had and what you recommend for graphic design and sketching like that (and how long it took) because I'm very tempted going to college for that field

/Edit

And what programs are used for what, if I'm not asking too much. :p

My ongoing biography, as written by the community:

Posted By annfrank at 04:15 AM - Tue Apr 11 2017

I'm woke AF

Posted By Apaukolypse at 05:31 AM - Fri Apr 21 2017

I like memes

¯_(ツ)_/¯

11/6/2016 5:43:26 PM #14

Posted By Sieraen at 01:32 AM - Sun Nov 06 2016

Posted By Dworvin at 11:59 AM - Sat Nov 05 2016

After viewing your entire portfolio, I think I realize semi-accurately how talented you really are.

For you to be offering your services for such a low cost is very nice and I don't think people realize the range of ideas you can make come to life.

+1, undoubtedly

PS I'd like to know what schooling you had and what you recommend for graphic design and sketching like that (and how long it took) because I'm very tempted going to college for that field

/Edit

And what programs are used for what, if I'm not asking too much. :p

For design and the graphic arts i did 3 years of school. not counting all the art and design classes in highschool. To be a good artist it is very important to start young, It can take years just to get the visual eye to do this type of work. I started with Digital multimedia at Fanshawe cholledge in london ontario though I would recommend graphic design instead which is also 2 years, digital multimedia is more technical with web development and other things and graphic design is more art based and has a little hint of web dev and the likes touched in the course at that school. and for the graduate course of one year I took 3D character Annalist which is where I learned animations and character design. Now thats 3 years and thats what I took though I would recommend just taking the 3 year course of Video Game development where you get everything above and more crammed into 1 Extremely intricate course. But if you want the fast and hardest way. Practice like hell make good art and skip all the courses, make a portfolio and just take the 3D character animations course. most schools will let you skip the required courses you need to take their if you have the skills and can prove it.

Now that school is out of the way. My recommendations for Doing Graphic arts are Photoshop CS6 now a days that version has little support and you can grab it for free if you are resourceful, its also one of the best versions in my regards with no bugs and an infinite amount of online resources to learn to use it (PS it can also paint 3D models).

For making Logos, pop arts and other vector based imagery I would suggest Adobe Illustrator CS6 also can grab for free. This program is fun and a bit more complicated though if you get it you can make some professional stuff.

For Making 3D (Not sharing) but skulptris and blender are two powerfull 3D programs that can be as good as some pro software out their if you work at it. their just more complicated and less user friendly I think. They are also free downloads with no restrictions for marketing.

Hope that answered your question. And yes 6$/hr is pretty degrading in a sence the amount I should be making in my field at the momment in my city should be around 36-40$/hr I am giving such a low price out of charity and so i have something to do. My personality is well reflected in my order "The Keepers of The Light" check them out hear. https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/13164/nae-keepers-of-the-light-kingdom-of-tyria#post138161 Or just search Virtuous on the forums we should be the first listed.

11/6/2016 8:18:32 PM #15

BUMP! Just Updated the original Post by adding my most recent work. The kings Crest of Tyria.