COMMUNITY - FORUMS - SOULBORN ENGINE
Permanent destruction

So I was watching a few of the threads today and saw something saying that 'item which are destroyed are permanently destroyed', so I'm a bit confused as to what that means. Would you be able to repair/fix said items like you would in real life or make replacements, or would you end up not being able to do anything about it?

Ok mate

11/5/2016 11:41:52 AM #1

It will be possible to repair damaged equipment. You can even take apart weapons and then put them back together but with different parts.

11/5/2016 11:41:52 AM #2

It will be possible to repair damaged equipment. You can even take apart weapons and then put them back together but with different parts.

Edit: Something went wrong and my reply appeared twice. No option to remove it either :/

11/5/2016 12:36:24 PM #3

Quality and/or max durability will go down though from what I understood, so at some point it will be better to reforge something than to repair it.

11/5/2016 12:42:25 PM #4

Also even if it becomes unrepairable you can use the materials to make something new with it.

11/5/2016 11:07:14 PM #5

Thanks guys

Ok mate

11/7/2016 2:54:03 PM #6

As far as the items with the KS, those as far as I know (depending, like a gravestone) cannot be repaired. I've never heard of a headstone being repaired once destroyed, you can replace it though if it means that much to you. Also items can be "lost or stolen" as well so if someone takes it or you drop it somewhere and don't recall where exactly (or someone discovers it and you don't know how) then those items (if broken) cannot be repaired and probably can't be replaced depending on what exactly it is.

11/7/2016 3:37:26 PM #7

The way I understand it: If you destroy something, you will get the materials out of it. You may use these materials to remake the same item again or to create something altogether new.

11/7/2016 3:37:52 PM #8

You also couldn't repair something you burnt down. The wood is ash now, there is no repairing it or salvaging it.