COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
KoE and MUD

I'm just wondering if these are included in a certain tier and up. Say, I pledged Baron, would I be able to access these two features or would I need to pledge higher?

11/5/2016 5:55:04 PM #1

ElyriaMUD is for everyone who have backed the game by pledging any of the tiers in the store.

Kingdoms of Elyria is intended for the nobility and aristocracy which means that Barons and higher get to play it. Though Caspian once said on Discord that KoE is for $120+ pledgers but too bad I didn't take a screenshot of it. It could be that he meant to say it is for those who pledge $250 or more.

Edit: Also it might be that he meant to say the MUD is for $120+ backers,

11/5/2016 6:11:24 PM #2

Posted By Rofus at 5:55 PM - Sat Nov 05 2016

ElyriaMUD is for everyone who have backed the game by pledging any of the tiers in the store.

Kingdoms of Elyria is intended for the nobility and aristocracy which means that Barons and higher get to play it. Though Caspian once said on Discord that KoE is for $120+ pledgers but too bad I didn't take a screenshot of it. It could be that he meant to say it is for those who pledge $250 or more.

Edit: Also it might be that he meant to say the MUD is for $120+ backers,

From what I understand, Exposition is only for $120+ backers, so maybe he was referring to that? Otherwise, there doesn't seem to be much point for non-nobility to participate in KoE, though as a Bloodline backer, I wouldn't mind!

11/5/2016 7:05:49 PM #3

The ElyrianMUD will be for everyone that wants to participate. It was intended to help provide some of the story background for the game when it is released.

The Kingdoms of Elyria will be reserved basically for the Nobility and Aristocracy, a Dance of Dynasties. This will allow the leaders of Elyria to make treaties, packs, alliances, of course enemies as well. This should drive the conflicts in the social structure of the game when it is released.

The Prologue will be a downloadable single person experience that takes place in one small area of the game, soft of a playable demo so you can get a handle on the UI and other game mechanics. the Prologue should be available between the Alpha and Beta phases when ever that will be.

And the Exposition will be a 3 month early access for certain tiers (mainly Nobility and Aristocracy) to help set up the world in preparation for launch. This is where the physical structures are layed out and upgraded, some resources are utilized (river driven lumber mill for example) and possibly the introduction of roads, bridges and other structures. So basically the players during the Exposition will be working hard on the Infrastructure of the game so when the players join in on day one, the game should be ready to go.

Hope this helps with the understanding of the different pieces of the game and it is set today. But please be advised that all the above information can be changed at any times by the Devs to stay tuned.

"Count Eldric Blackmoore of The Haven, offering direct support for the Hunters, Explorers and Gathers of Elyria" the

11/5/2016 7:26:29 PM #4

I feel stupid but what is KOE and MUD?

11/5/2016 7:31:24 PM #5

Posted By Kysogos at 9:26 PM - Sat Nov 05 2016

ElyriaMUD is a MUD style game where players will be able to create characters and walk around in the world, role-playing and interacting with their fellow players while helping SBS test the game mechanics.

Kingdoms of Elyria is a web-based portal that will allow players to play the Dance of Dynasties.

11/5/2016 7:50:44 PM #6

Posted By Rofus at 3:31 PM - Sat Nov 05 2016

ElyriaMUD is a MUD style game where players will be able to create characters and walk around in the world, role-playing and interacting with their fellow players while helping SBS test the game mechanics.

Kingdoms of Elyria is a web-based portal that will allow players to play the Dance of Dynasties.

Are those only going to be available for high level backers? I don't plan on going higher than baron.

11/5/2016 7:56:15 PM #7

Posted By Kysogos at 9:50 PM - Sat Nov 05 2016

Posted By Rofus at 3:31 PM - Sat Nov 05 2016

Are those only going to be available for high level backers? I don't plan on going higher than baron.

Kingdoms of Elyria will be available for Barons and higher (maybe even for as low as Bloodline pledgers but can't say for sure). ElyriaMUD should be available for pretty much everyone.

11/5/2016 9:21:20 PM #8

That's awesome! I can't wait to get my hands on just about anything to do with this game. I've been waiting my whole life for something like this.

11/5/2016 9:25:09 PM #9

Posted By Kysogos at 11:21 PM - Sat Nov 05 2016

That's awesome! I can't wait to get my hands on just about anything to do with this game. I've been waiting my whole life for something like this.

Me too! CoE is like a dream come true <3

2/24/2017 7:48:29 PM #10

Well, if its available for bloodline, i might get bloodline then.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nurarihyon#/media/File:Suuhi_Nurarihyon.jpg Master Merchant

2/24/2017 8:02:54 PM #11

At the Q&A session yesterday. in terms of the mud.

they said it would be eventually available to anyone who bought at least the tier 1 basic pledge (so anyone who has effectively pre-purchased the game).

however it would be released in descending order.

so the people who have paid the most (and\or have the most IP) would get in first,

and they would work their way down until eventually anyone who has payed will be able to play the mud.

I don't remember hearing them say at what level it would be required to be in KOE. but i suspect would at least need to be a mayor\baron.