COMMUNITY - FORUMS - AGING & DYING
Death by age!

Is it true that when I permadeath I have to buy a new character for $35? If so is there a discount on characters? Or do i get to start out as an elyrian every single time. I understand its only $35 a year for gameplay but still....

Stop it.

11/6/2016 1:36:31 AM #1

Check here

But, I'll try to explain it to you here because people are lazy and I'm bored.

WELCOME TO CHRONICLES OF ELYRIA!! Where one life is 40-60 weeks, or 10-14 months.

If you die you reduce your play time by 2-4 days, thus dying every day will result in about 4-5 months minimum. Most people will not die every day, so we'll round down to 8 months, round up to $40 for a new char. that's $5 dollars a month. You keep most of your possessions through inheritance and the skills from your first life scale faster, so you keep progress. I'm done.

Just kidding I'll also explain dying, if you are PvEing most things will not coup de gras you ( the only type of "death" that reduces your spirit time ) players can choose to coup de gras you to reduce your spirit time, but that will result in their own spirit loss and leg repercussions if caught.

Been here too long.

11/6/2016 1:37:34 AM #2

"We recognize that not all players can (or want to) spend the same amount of time per week farming gold for that special armor. We also recognize some people have a ton of free time, but not a lot of money. We're attempting to equalize this by having an in-game exchange market."

-From the FAQ

I guess it might be possible for you to play for free if you manage to earn enough money in your lifetime.

Edit: there is a discount atm. After you purchase the 35$ tier, all extra sparks will only cost 25$. This offer only lasts while that store is open. Not sure how long exactly.

Right now, I'm just a sloth. Just a motionless sloth. A sinful sloth. Please don't make me work. Can't you see how troublesome it would be to get up everyday and actually be productive? Just leave me be. Let me be a sloth.

11/6/2016 1:37:51 AM #3

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but it'll cost about $35 to transfer your soul from your permadeathed character to your next character.

And just from memory so please don't kill me for this, I think I may have heard that it's easier for nobles to acquire the in game currency that'll be used to get new sparks for free.

11/6/2016 1:53:42 AM #4

Posted By Mr_Plunkett at 9:37 PM - Sat Nov 05 2016

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but it'll cost about $35 to transfer your soul from your permadeathed character to your next character.

And just from memory so please don't kill me for this, I think I may have heard that it's easier for nobles to acquire the in game currency that'll be used to get new sparks for free.

I've seen nothing about being charged to transfer, assuming you have a spark. Even if you do have to buy a spark given that you don't have to pay monthly fees or buy the game again that's not a bad deal.

The Township of Bris, County Delgora. Friend Code B2CF9C Friend Code B2CF9C

11/6/2016 1:56:59 AM #5

Kills Mr_Plunkett

Yes. $35 dolla for a new char, every 5-14 months.. again cheaper than most MMOs.

Just kidding, but it's not totally untrue on the nobles part! It is more likely for a Noble to earn Story Points which can help earn you new Sparks of life, but Nobles also risk permadie much easier, up to 32x faster.

Been here too long.

11/6/2016 2:00:14 AM #6

Posted By Valupeh at 9:56 PM - Sat Nov 05 2016

Just kidding, but it's not totally untrue on the nobles part! It is more likely for a Noble to earn Story Points which can help earn you new Sparks of life, but Nobles also risk permadie much easier, up to 32x faster.

Do you have a source for this? I don't doubt it as I vaguely recall something about easier permadeath but would like to see the bit about Story Points and the like.

The Township of Bris, County Delgora. Friend Code B2CF9C Friend Code B2CF9C

11/6/2016 2:05:36 AM #7

Been here too long.

11/6/2016 2:25:42 AM #8

Just to clear a bit more of the fog up. Story points are required for ANY spark to take place, even if it's zero. Nobles just have to have more Story Points AND a spark to continue their linegage.

11/6/2016 2:38:14 AM #9

Dontdie 11:27 AM - Sun Nov 06 2016

Is it true that when I permadeath I have to buy a new character for $35?

When your character becomes permadead you have to use a Spark of Life to allow your soul to reincarnate into a new character. At the moment the price for Sparks is tentatively placed between $30-$40, which is a bargain when compared to most other mmo's monthly prescription models.

If so is there a discount on characters? Or do i get to start out as an elyrian every single time.

During your character's lifetime your Soul accrues Story Points (SP). How much you accrue depends on how much you play, the status of your character and how much you involve you character into the world and it's story.

Now characters also require a certain amount of SP to be allowed to be taken over by a Soul. The higher the character's importance, the more it will cost in Soul Points. Even if you were the King in your past life and have locked in your son, the Crown Prince as your Heir, if you do not have enough SP you will be unable to access them. Meanwhile a person who was a peasant, but was a frequent and active player, can eventually save up enough Story Points to take over such an important character as a King.

I understand its only $35 a year for gameplay but still....

Story Points can also be used to purchase Sparks of Life if you save up enough of them. It will cost a lot in SP, the devs have estimated that the average player could accrue enough points to purchase one in about 6 years of gameplay. I'm sure someone with enough free time and determination could do that in at least half that time.

Imgur Imgur

11/7/2016 6:03:44 PM #10

Thank you all this cleared everything up

Stop it.

11/7/2016 6:25:06 PM #11

Posted By Shady Clown at 8:37 PM - Sat Nov 05 2016

"We recognize that not all players can (or want to) spend the same amount of time per week farming gold for that special armor. We also recognize some people have a ton of free time, but not a lot of money. We're attempting to equalize this by having an in-game exchange market."

-From the FAQ

I guess it might be possible for you to play for free if you manage to earn enough money in your lifetime.

Edit: there is a discount atm. After you purchase the 35$ tier, all extra sparks will only cost 25$. This offer only lasts while that store is open. Not sure how long exactly.

This is wrong and they will be removing that in the next website update I hope, it spreads wrong info quite often...

Join Freeport County, we like boats. And dogs.