COMMUNITY - FORUMS - FAMILIES & NOBLE HOUSES
(APAC)Gaining heirs through interesting means

I backed at bloodline level, so I know that by the time the game launches to all, I may very well be on my second or third character, especially considering I plan on being an explorer - a dangerous career - that may end his life abruptly. A generation or two down the track, I'll be better at the survival skills and so forth, so that character is more likely to have a spouse they come back to, build a family and so forth.

So here's my thinking: My first character will be a man who's quite aware that his profession is dangerous, not be beholden to traditional concepts of Elyrian marriage, he's never at 'home' and yet still has several heirs(probably in different counties) - basically he gets around a bit. In gameplay terms, it means contracts with different npcs in different towns, and collaborating with players to have heirs without actually ever getting married, as often as the contract cooldown will allow. In rp terms, well, he'll be 'visiting' a lot of ladies, won't he?

While I do want a solid character, who'll have a rich life, get married, master their skills - well, that character had to come from somewhere, didn't they? Hence the idea that grandpa was a philanderer.

It'd make for an interesting story, and in the early stages of the game, an explorer won't be able to just head off into the yonder, because they won't have resources and they'll be busy doing odd jobs to build up towns.

I'd basically be playing the odd-job man that does less work than one would expect, and then wanders off, not to be seen for a few years. Rinse and repeat in a few different towns, while kids are popping up that look remarkably like 'that man who visited a while back'. It'd get my survival skills up - travelling from town to town - and learn to sneak around by avoiding jealous husbands and the like. I'd be very helpful with town building - fathering npcs is town building!

The real question is how far will the gameplay let me go with this idea, and how many APAC(exact starting location to be determined) ladies will think that this is a sufficiently hilarious idea to go 'OMG You've got to come to my town and have a kid with my character!'.

So, what does everyone think? No, wait...

Ladies...

12/2/2016 12:57:25 AM #1

I'm astonished trolls have left this one alone.

The more I play around with the character idea, the more I lean towards him being a poly+/pan guy who just wants to love people. He'd only have to get burned once or twice by someone saying 'no, my partner is totally cool with it' before getting wise.

But that still poses the question of heirs: does your character need to be married to get 'biological' heirs, or is an heir contact just that - a contract?

12/2/2016 2:06:28 AM #2

Posted By Expectorate at 7:57 PM - Thu Dec 01 2016

But that still poses the question of heirs: does your character need to be married to get 'biological' heirs, or is an heir contact just that - a contract?

The child contract is just a contract, no marriage required. This allows for same sex couples to contract a willing third party to act as donor/surrogate.

And as to your original post, what server will this philanderer call home? ;)

Friend Code: B8ADDD

12/2/2016 5:49:09 AM #3

APAC(Aus). Right up there in the title.

Hell, does it even count as philandering if he gets all parties permissions first?