COMMUNITY - FORUMS - AGING & DYING
I have a question regarding children.

I put this in this section because it fits here. I'm sorry if it'd be better suited elsewhere.

Moving on! I was recently thinking about this game and I was like "I wanna be a lich!" and i still do, but I'd love to be able to play as a child. Kind of like in the Sims, in a sense, where you stay at home with your mother and father.

It'd be a nice relaxed style of gameplay. You can walk around town with limited skills, maybe the ability to pickpocket merchants for small amounts of money and help out around the house.

My issue is that I wouldn't want to grow. I'd rather just stay a child forever. :s Is this possible?

11/16/2016 8:21:38 AM #1

Unfortunately, it is not possible: all characters, be they NPCs or PCs, will age and die. Of course, while you can't play as a child the entire time, it is possible that you could play as part of the family in the sense that you stay around the house, help out, and maybe engage in some minor theft here and there.

11/16/2016 8:52:41 AM #2

Posted By DunsScotus at 6:51 PM - Wed Nov 16 2016

Unfortunately, it is not possible: all characters, be they NPCs or PCs, will age and die. Of course, while you can't play as a child the entire time, it is possible that you could play as part of the family in the sense that you stay around the house, help out, and maybe engage in some minor theft here and there.

Unfortunate! My issue was 'cause of Australian ping and combat isn't wise unless their an OCE server. :p

11/16/2016 8:55:16 AM #3

Posted By Reverie at 08:52 AM - Wed Nov 16 2016

Unfortunate! My issue was 'cause of Australian ping and combat isn't wise unless their an OCE server. :p

That's understandable. But if all you want to do is craft and have your character live a quiet life, ping on the higher side shouldn't be much of a problem.

11/16/2016 8:57:51 AM #4

Posted By DunsScotus at 7:25 PM - Wed Nov 16 2016

Posted By Reverie at 08:52 AM - Wed Nov 16 2016

That's understandable. But if all you want to do is craft and have your character live a quiet life, ping on the higher side shouldn't be much of a problem.

x)

My inner lich is going to rise now. Haha! Wonder if I can be a crafting lich. Lure people to me with various wares then kil lthem.

11/16/2016 9:00:44 AM #5

It might be possible! Of course, being a lich is going to be exceedingly difficult!

11/16/2016 11:05:31 AM #6

Due to the nature of children in CoE it seems unlikely you'll be able to play as anything younger than a 12 year old.

11/27/2016 9:28:39 AM #7

A 12 year old Vampire would be possible and so might be a dhampir child [unfortunately we don't know how they age or if they can be Wards]. The soul of a previous lich could create a new Ward life and become a lich again since they already know the procedure and probably have everything ready in a hidden backup hideout or vault. However, liches still age even if they might have some way of temporarily reversing or halting the aging process by draining the spirit of youth from others. Yet, the ideal target age for the cells in a body to regenerate to is probably in the 20s or 30s and not the teens.

So the only truly immortal child would have to be a vampire not a lich [unless there is fairy dust :-)]. Of course there might be vampire laws against making vampires younger than 15 [see Interview with the Vampire for details] ;-O

Those who fail to learn the historical maneuvers of the Great Dance are doomed to repeating a classic misstep. -- FC--96C878

11/28/2016 1:39:17 PM #8

I bet if you could create a consumable that made you a "youth for a day" (2.5 hours), people would pay lots of coin for that. Of course, that might be beyond the ability of alchemists to pull off since potions are limited in their scope and scale. A relic, perhaps, or some form of spell/talent?

Mordenkainen's Mischievous Miscreant?

1/17/2017 11:46:57 AM #9

This is actually so something I plan to try once vampires/liches are added. I'll spend the better part of one life figuring out how to become a vampire (assuming it's something you can do voluntarily) and then die, come back as a ward, and rush to get infected within a week or two.

With both supernatural powers and an innocent appearance, I could focus on stealth and just generally be a real nuisance.

Referral Code: 912EC9