COMMUNITY - FORUMS - FAN FICTION & ROLEPLAYING
The Fallow Marsh

I did a lot of bad in my day. I’m not proud of it in the slightest. I’ve robbed the poor and the mightiest. I’ve stolen from Nobility. I did it for the rush! Oh man the rush! The laughs I had with the fellows, from times now gone from us.

My skills brought me luck, I was to be hanged. Instead freed by a fine woman, who apparently has no name. She pulled me from the stocks, promising riches. Only I could do this, it was up to me. And when it was done, she’d pay me a fine fee.

She handed me a letter to deliver stashed in a sack. I was handed a small scribble of a map. She said its three days walk from this place. I left posthaste, thinking only of riches. I followed her instructions. Reading the map wasn’t tough. I camped during the nights, laid awake to watch the stars. The stars winking in the night sky. The lush fields dance in the breeze. All swaying along to the swoosh of the trees.

After three days’ time, I came upon a sight. A thick lonely marsh, with no end in my sight. The grass fell low, the trees lay withered. The air hung heavy, and left me bewildered. I saw no creatures, I heard no fowl’s song. I pushed my fears aside, thinking only of my fee.

The map read true, as a tamped into the gray water. Who in creation would live here? Why did I bother? The sun hung low, and the skies winked goodnight. It was then in the dusk, I saw a figure to my right. She sang a soulful song. It filled me with delight. I knew the empty sack would soon not be so light.

She reached for the letter. I asked for my payment before I delivered. She approached in a flash, her red eyes she could not mask. I tried to retreat, but she was upon me in a flash. “You took that boys last meal” she spat. You prey on others, and so you are doomed to linger here, till you go insane.

That boy is fine I stammered. He’ll eat again, he wasn’t withered. She smiled sweetly, her pale skin now glimmered. As the dusk danced to night. I saw her figure, that of a noble woman. Her long ginger hair danced in the night like burning cinders.

As quickly as I blinked, her figure lay upon me. She drank me where I stood. Unable to move, even though I wish I could. It was useless to scream, no one could hear. I knew my end was coming, what I wouldn’t give for one last beer.

Beware the Fallow Marsh. For the marsh claims those who cause strife. If you have evil in your heart, I urge you to think twice. Lest you receive a visit, from a beautiful, who promises you riches. Now I wonder the marsh, my soul empty, and withered.

][Imgur

11/16/2016 9:49:02 PM #1

This is my first time writing in a long time. I hope you enjoy it. It took a lot of courage for me to even post it.

][Imgur

11/22/2016 10:43:59 AM #2

Very poetic, Tiberius! That was a very enjoyable read. I hope you feel inspired to continue writing- I would think many others would enjoy reading your posts as well!

"The Empires of the Future are the Empires of the Mind." ~Churchill