COMMUNITY - FORUMS - FAN MEDIA
Interesting & Helpful Graphics

Hey everyone!

Below, I've listed some interesting graphics I've made to show various things.

Feel free to offer feedback on how to differently represent the information show, as well as offer suggestions for other things that could use a graphic.

If you'd like to post your own graphics too, pertaining to CoE, feel free.

(Opening an image in another tab/window will show it at its full resolution)

Domain & Settlement Selection Profession Chart

This "Domain & Settlement Selection Profession Chart" is a graphic that approximates the relationship of professions based on the goods and labor each produces. The information is sourced from Snipehunter's, DSS Professions? What are they even?. I've discerned nine functional groupings of professions, in which raw-resource producers (except quarriers), are in Argriculture & Harvesters, they pass their products to the Artisans. These are Elyrians who necessarily create artificial goods from raw resources. Merchants or alternatively, salesmenn, sell and distribute the goods from artisans, as well as agriculturists & harvesters. This grouping also includes quarriers, whose heavy product is assumed to be bought directly from the source, and would feed into the workflow of carvers or the next grouping: Construction. This grouping consists of professionals who make dwellings, military installations, and all manner of large and small civic projects. Occupying the next group are the Combatants, who are professionals that meet all your needs for conflict resolution with pointy things. The professionals sometimes interface with those in High Society, a grouping of those who either govern, enjoy luxuries, or otherwise work in the occupation that makes such luxuries possible. Off to the side are the Crime & Punishment professionals. These are your folk who both break the law and keep it. Then, for the advancement of culture, we have those in the fields of Education & Spirituality. They'll serve all your knowledge, technology, and divine or Affinity System needs. Lastly is the group that moves the world: those who specialize in Transport, including notably, sailors and drivers.

Enjoy, and I welcome any feedback or discussion.

(Resources used: DSS Professions? What are they even?)

A General Language Primer for Elyrians

This "A General Language Primer for Elyrians" is a graphic to put in one place the intricate languages SBS has developed for the initial playable tribes in Chronicles of Elyria. Hopefully it will mitigate confusion on who speaks what and who might understand whom. Hopefully, as more amusing phrases are learned, this primer can lead into more focused primers to demonstrate individual language rules for anyone interested in throwing around Denhørt at parties, and so on!

(Resources used: CoE Tribes Page, The Stowaway A Tale of Elyria, CoE Surname Reservation Generator)

Elyrian Astrology

"Elyrian Astrology" is helpful graphic that illustrates the information on the Astrology that influences the CoE Personal Destiny system, as presented by Caspian and Snipehunter at the conclusion of their the Personal Destiny Live Stream. The solar system's sequence and orbit are a best guess made after surveying the CoE Character Creation | Pre-Alpha Live Walkthrough, in conjunction with wiki information. I've illustrated my assumption in this linked image: Solar System Assumption.

(Resources used: Character Creation | Pre-Alpha Live Walkthrough, Chronicles of Elyria | Player Destiny System | 06.20.18, Chronicles of Elyria - Live Q&A | 2.7.18,Celebrate Longest Night)

Elyrian Population Breakdown - Somewhat Outdated

"Elyrian Population Breakdown" is helpful for showing the possible plurality you might see in your own kingdom. Paired with the crowned icons are other person icons which should jump out as representing the spouse of that noble title.

(Resources used: DJ #18: Kingdom & Land Management, Nobility & Aristocracy)

What to do in Vivecta County

"What to do in Vivecta County" illustrates a host of activities available to four broad classifications of gamers: The Adventurer, the Crafter, the Trader, and the Leader. Which of these four gamer types are you?

This is, of course, a very self-serving graphic, but I found it interesting and hope you do too.

(Resources used: Vivecta County

Elyrians & Where on Earth to Find Them

"Elyrians & Where on Earth to Find Them" does a couple things.

• It shows a neat representation of Earth's biomes and matches them to the Elyrian tribes.

• It also implies which Elyrian Tribes could have the most intense feelings toward one another. This is shown as a relationship of how earthly biomes share space in simplified transitions on the legend.

As a result of ecological transition, these three groups appear:

( To'resk, Dras, Mydarri, and Janoa )

( Neran, Owem, The Waerd, and Erishe )

( Kypiq, Brudvir, Hrothi, and Yoru )

& it can be it can be assumed, using tropes in fiction, within each tribal group there could exist a respectful pairing and a disrespectful pairing—for example: To'resk get along with Janoa but dislike Mydarri, and so on.

Anyways, enjoy this graphic and have fun and fantasizing which Earthly cultures could serve as parallels to Elyrian tribes based on the geography of this map.

I recommend looking at the map, one continent at a time.

(Resources used: The Game Garden Grows & many ecological maps)

11/20/2016 9:58:25 PM #1

Very nice, but i think the baron/mayor can only be per 75,150,250. Before town status(75) there is no Mayor.

11/20/2016 10:01:37 PM #2

@markof hamlet and villages have elders towns and city have mayors and capitol have magistrate if I'm not mistaken

I know that hamelet and villages will both have elders but I'm not sure if the transition from mayor to magistrate takes place at city or capitol

other than that hats off to you vaku really nice graphics

11/20/2016 10:16:49 PM #3

Thanks for the catch, I've made the appropriate changes!

11/20/2016 10:32:40 PM #4

You're probably only looking at around 4 Mayors/Barons for an average county including yourself. Aside from that, awesome job.

4/21/2017 12:47:25 AM #5

Elyrians & Where on Earth to Find Them

"Elyrians & Where on Earth to Find Them" does a couple things.

• It shows a neat representation of Earth's biomes and matches them to the Elyrian tribes.

• It also implies which Elyrian Tribes could have the most intense feelings toward one another. This is shown as a relationship of how earthly biomes share space in simplified transitions on the legend.

As a result of ecological transition, these three groups appear:

( To'resk, Dras, Mydarri, and Janoa )

( Neran, Owem, The Waerd, and Erishe )

( Kypiq, Brudvir, Hrothi, and Yoru )

& it can be it can be assumed, using tropes in fiction, within each tribal group there could exist a respectful pairing and a disrespectful pairing—for example: To'resk get along with Janoa but dislike Mydarri, and so on.

Anyways, enjoy this graphic and have fun and fantasizing which Earthly cultures could serve as parallels to Elyrian tribes based on the geography of this map.

I recommend looking at the map, one continent at a time.

(Resources used: The Game Garden Grows & many ecological maps)

4/21/2017 3:41:03 AM #6

I live in south-east New Mexico and I can safely tell you there is no way I would classify the climate here as Temperate Steppe or Montane Forest. It is dry. Pretty much all of New Mexico and west Texas are very dry, easily semiarid desert.

4/21/2017 8:19:02 AM #7

It is true there are more nuanced ways of drawing a map.

In this map, focusing on the U.S.,

there are several national forests & parks across Arizona, New Mexico, Utah & Colorado. You can see their locations in green on the map above, and these forests grow on some significant elevations—as such, the person whose map I've used as a base, rather than showing greater detail, simplified and covered many of these states as just Montane Forest & so on.

In reality, any landmass of significant size could be home to numerous biomes, such as New Mexico as you've noted.

I hope anyone reading this becomes interested in researching the biomes / ecology of their home states/provinces—it can all be really quite cool to learn about all the nature around you [bonus points looking up anthropogenic maps].

10/23/2017 11:42:32 AM #8

Hey everyone!

I've updated the Elyrian Population Breakdown (formerly called Normal Kingdom Distribution) with the latest information and simply made it schnazzier.

I've also added this new graphic which I made to make my county page more attractive.

What to do in Vivecta County

"What to do in Vivecta County" illustrates a host of activities available to four broad classifications of gamers: The Adventurer, the Crafter, the Trader, and the Leader. Which of these four gamer types are you?

This is, of course, a very self-serving graphic, but I found it interesting and hope you do too.

(Resources used: Vivecta County

10/23/2017 8:25:16 PM #9

Good job! I love a good info graphic. That first one does a great job conveying the population scale of each type of region.

One question though, and it may just be a nit. You have the first 8 tribes pointing to "1st Continent". Are all players on a server going to start on the same continent? I thought they would (possibly) be spread over 2 or 3 continents.

10/24/2017 6:43:05 PM #10

Posted By Moohasha at 1:25 PM - Mon Oct 23 2017

Good job! I love a good info graphic. That first one does a great job conveying the population scale of each type of region.

One question though, and it may just be a nit. You have the first 8 tribes pointing to "1st Continent". Are all players on a server going to start on the same continent? I thought they would (possibly) be spread over 2 or 3 continents.

SBS has claimed there will be 6 kingdoms on one starting continent, and the remaining 4 Kingdoms must be discovered.

We presently have no indication whether or not the continent we begin on will be a single contiguous landmass, an archipelago, or otherwise connected to the landmasses that possess 1 or more of the discoverable kingdoms.

We similarly don't know if the continent is geographic spaghetti connected by many land bridges.

Trailing through 2018, we'll have a much better idea of what we'll be getting in each server. With this in mind, be sure to communicate with your pledged leaders and share what configuration of geography for which you're most excited. With any luck, SBS will create a geography that resonates best per server.

Anywho, thanks for the question, Moohasha.

10/24/2017 11:41:07 PM #11

Also some noteworthy information:

There's a cap at 100,000 player characters atm. pr. server (though they will of course try to increase this cap.)

But that means that there'll be:

16,666 players pr. kingdom

1388 players pr. duchy

57 players pr. county (Not counting in NPCs

In the older DJ (DJ #18) it states that each county will have around 400 people in average in it, and we know that there (back before it was changed) was about 1000 counties on the continent, if we now take those 400 * 1000 and divide it by 1728 we'll get:

231 characters, in average, in each county.

Though it've also been mentioned elsewhere that there'll be 100,000 players and 100,000 npcs, so we might also only see 114 character pr. county

10/25/2017 1:38:24 PM #12

Posted By Liva at 6:41 PM - Tue Oct 24 2017

There's a cap at 100,000 player characters atm. pr. server (though they will of course try to increase this cap.)

1388 players pr. duchy

I get the math, but something seems off about it. A single Town can hold up to 75 people, not to mention Cities (150) or Capitals (250), so 57 for an entire county seems way too low. I guess those numbers are if the population is evenly spread over the max number of duchies and counties, but I imagine that will not be the case.

10/26/2017 7:43:46 PM #13

Nice one! And thanks btw :)

I 'm sooooo hyped for this game! :)

10/27/2017 6:25:18 PM #14

Posted By Moohasha at 06:38 AM - Wed Oct 25 2017

Posted By Liva at 6:41 PM - Tue Oct 24 2017

1388 players pr. duchy

I get the math, but something seems off about it. A single Town can hold up to 75 people, not to mention Cities (150) or Capitals (250), so 57 for an entire county seems way too low. I guess those numbers are if the population is evenly spread over the max number of duchies and counties, but I imagine that will not be the case.

The cap listed was in regards to player characters. However, it does not include NPCs (these should be factored into the population of towns etc.

Also, I am unsure if that cap is a hard cap or more of an estimated soft-cap or if it is even a cap at all.

6/21/2018 7:15:19 PM #15

Elyrian Astrology

"Elyrian Astrology" is helpful graphic that illustrates the information on the Astrology that influences the CoE Personal Destiny system, as presented by Caspian and Snipehunter at the conclusion of their the Personal Destiny Live Stream. The solar system's sequence and orbit are a best guess made after surveying the CoE Character Creation | Pre-Alpha Live Walkthrough, in conjunction with wiki information. I've illustrated my assumption in this linked image: Solar System Assumption.

(Resources used: Character Creation | Pre-Alpha Live Walkthrough, Chronicles of Elyria | Player Destiny System | 06.20.18)