COMMUNITY - FORUMS - TECHNICAL SUPPORT
Which tier do I need to gain access to the game?

I know this is incredibly noob'ish.. However, I wanted to make sure. I see some tiers granting access upon release, some with Alpha, and some with Beta. What phase is the game currently in? I'd like to be able to purchase and hop right in.

Also, which tier do you recommend a new player purchasing?

thanks to anyone that helps! haha

11/23/2016 2:41:36 AM #1

Sadly, the game is currently in pre-alpha, which means it's impossible to hop right in for now. We still have to wait quite a bit before anything gets directly in our hands.

As for which tier I would recommend, that would honestly depend on what you intend to do once the game releases. There are some really interesting things in the higher tiers, but even with a low pledge you'll definitely find your place. Alpha, beta and exposition could also be factors in your decision.

Norhurst, County of Opportunity

11/23/2016 2:42:15 AM #2

The game is pre-alpha right now, alpha 1 isn't expected to start until 1st Qtr of 2017 (Jan-Mar), I would guess closer to March then January right now for alpha 1.

Count Ruthgar Rugharin, County of Bragen Veld, Duchy - Conclave of Aritaur, Kingdom of Vornair.

11/23/2016 2:43:15 AM #3

Read the descriptions of each tier in the store

My ongoing biography, as written by the community:

Posted By annfrank at 04:15 AM - Tue Apr 11 2017

I'm woke AF

Posted By Apaukolypse at 05:31 AM - Fri Apr 21 2017

I like memes

¯_(ツ)_/¯

11/23/2016 2:47:55 AM #4

The game have not yet reached alpha, so no tier will let you hop right in.

And what tier is recommended is a very individual thing. If the politics and drama of the nobility seems intimidating you might want to stick with lower tiers, though you can still go for a higher tier if you like the perks and trade in the titles for EP.

11/23/2016 2:49:46 AM #5

Hi Boo4You, and welcome to the community!

Chronicles of Elyria is currently in its early development phase, so public testing phases such as the closed and open alpha and beta phases aren't available yet. As well, we've three additional 'phases' to Chronicles of Elyria:

• ElyriaMUD, which is a text-based game harkening back to the days of yore that will test the functionality of our back-end systems and mechanics;
  • Kingdoms of Elyria, which is a kingdom-management game that will test the functionality of our political system and establish the strengths and weaknesses of each region in the world at launch;
  • Exposition, which is the period of world building that will take place three months before the game launches.

I'll make you a list of our current (as of this post) store pricing :)

• $35 - Access to the game at launch
  • $60 - Access to Beta 2 (Open beta) + above
  • $100 - Access to Beta 1 (Closed beta) + above
  • $120 - Access to the Exposition + above
  • $200 - Access to Alpha 2 (Open alpha) + above
  • $350 - Access to Alpha 1 (Closed alpha) + above

Regarding a recommended tier, that is strongly dependent upon what your budget looks like! We encourage our community to only pledge what they can comfortably afford to, as your health is much more important.

11/23/2016 2:50:26 AM #6

Thank you all for the help! Goodness, talk about quick response! haha Yeah, I was really worried that it was still in Pre-Alpha. I figured with such a strong community that the game already has, perhaps I had missed a note and that there was a way some of these people were playing already.

11/23/2016 2:57:48 AM #7

Posted By Boo4You at 6:50 PM - Tue Nov 22 2016

Thank you all for the help! Goodness, talk about quick response! haha Yeah, I was really worried that it was still in Pre-Alpha. I figured with such a strong community that the game already has, perhaps I had missed a note and that there was a way some of these people were playing already.

It's understandable! Even though we're still in early development, we have an astounding, active community already. You guys are all super amazing and we love you <3

You haven't missed anything yet :) Thank you for having an interest in our game!

11/23/2016 5:40:40 AM #8
 In regards to the exposition phase of release, it says that servers will not be whipped. Does that mean your progress will be saved for when the game is actually released? Also, would that mean when Beta 1 and 2 begin, you would start fresh. Then once the game is fully released it would revert back to the exposition progress? Or, does the beta 1 and 2 take place before the exposition period... Haha, I may be thinking too much into it. I guess my real question is, what does servers being wiped mean. 

We the willing, led by the unknown, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful. We have done so much, with so little, for so long. That we are now capable of doing anything, with nothing.

11/23/2016 7:41:36 AM #9

Jacks, yes, the exposition phase will be saved and the those players data will be used as the foundation of the world of CoE. Beta 1 and 2 will be wiped which mean it is only for testing bugs and beta should come before exposition.

11/23/2016 8:31:28 AM #10

Awesome! So from over games, around how long is each phase... I realize you can't give a grantee answer but ball park. Are Alpha 1/2 phases normally 3 months each, 6, a year.... I have no idea! It also says "Alpha 2 access (invite only, closed, NDA, servers will be wiped)." Does that mean they have reached the maximum amount of players who would be allowed into the Alpha? I wouldn't want to purchase the option unless it was guaranteed access... I guess I don't understand their wording.

We the willing, led by the unknown, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful. We have done so much, with so little, for so long. That we are now capable of doing anything, with nothing.

11/23/2016 1:47:05 PM #11

Hello Jacks,

The game is set to release at the moment as of Dec 2017. So, with that time table the Alpha/Beta and Expo phases would be in 3 month increments or there about.

"Alpha 2 access (invite only, closed, NDA, servers will be wiped)." -- This only means that you would have to have bought in at a level that would allow you access, that's all. The game is set up to take 100K people, so we are FAR from that.

Alpha 2 access would be at that Baron tier and you should get it as soon as possible, as I know they will be upping the access prices soon.

Hope to see you in game,

Jed

11/23/2016 4:00:41 PM #12

Basically there is two ways to get the invites, one is to buy the appropriate level tier, and the second will be whoever the development team personally invites to the tests (these will most likely be game reviewers).

As far as exposition goes, the main purpose of it is for the current nobility ranks to prebuild the world (cities towns roads, shops, npcs, etc...). Right when expo starts there will be some buildings and npcs, but players will be putting in about 80 percent i think during expo. Towards the end of expo(last month) it'll be more like normal gameplay should be compared to the prebuild stage it started as. Pretty much the higher your tier and influence level the sooner you get into expo. Then on launch day everyone else will be allowed in.

Count Ruthgar Rugharin, County of Bragen Veld, Duchy - Conclave of Aritaur, Kingdom of Vornair.

11/24/2016 12:33:15 AM #13

That makes sense. Thanks everyone. I was just afraid I would purchase Baron and find out they've already filled the spots for people in Alpha.

4/21/2017 11:34:00 PM #14

Well here we are in almost May, no additional detail on the actual game so you must take what they say at face value, seems like they are not ready yet and are behind their own schedule and timeline right now. If they said something, anything about the actual time frames instead of doing youtube videos about coffee mugs they get, Maybe we would see some progress. In the meantime, to spend money for those positions is premature from a fiscal perspective but that is just IMO. I check in once every 3-4 months because to check any less would be insane considering the trickle of information that you do get. Hoping I will be surprised and actually find out that it is in Alpha II, Alpha and then determine the package I want to buy accordingly. But they are not giving me that, so they are not getting my money... yet. I want to see that the company survives long enough to get the game out before I put money into it. As it stands, this feels a lot like when Perpetual Entertainment bought the rights to Star Trek Online.

5/15/2017 3:50:34 AM #15

So there is just one thing bugging me about the Kingdoms of Elyria phase where the Nobility and Royalty act out the ancestral phase. Is it needed to be aligned with a kingdom and have alliances allready or can one possibly start out as a neutral duchy/county?

Shroud to The Covenant of the Veil