COMMUNITY - FORUMS - FAN FICTION & ROLEPLAYING
The pick pocket tales

A little boy, about 12 or 15, is running down an alleyway. The boy has long black hair that looks like it would reach the bottom of his ears if it wasn't held up by all the grease, sweat and dirt in it. His brown eyes tearing up in the brisk winter air. The cloths the boy is wearing seem like nothing more then just pieces of cloth he sowed together himself. The sound of coins banging together can clearly be heard as the boy darts through the alleyways. Banging against boxes and barrels that are in his way.

From behind the boy you can hear a man yelling "Hey you little brat!! Stop!!!" the words drawn out a bit from him giving chase. The man is not as fit as he used to be, to many years standing around in the shop. His big belly pushing aside the boxes and barrels that get in his way.

As the boy weaves his way through the alleyways he looks behind him to see if the man is still giving chase. To his dismay he is and he is gaining on him. He closes his eyes and tries to run faster when suddenly he hits something, he hit it so hard he fell back knocking the wind right out of him. The boy coughing trying to breath again as he looks up at the gray clouds that cover the entire sky. Once he gets his breath back he sits up to see what he has hit. Standing in front of him is a tall figure in a black cloak. The boy immediately feels uneasy. His mind is telling him to get up and run away as fast as he can, be somewhere else not where this figure is. As the boy gets to his feet a box is pushed into the corner of the alleyway the two of them are in.

The shopkeeper comes walking around the corner, panting heavily, "Finally... I... Caught you." The boy looks at him and runs to the straighter to hide behind him, even though the boy feels uneasy by the straighter he thinks its safer then the fat shopkeeper.

"Hey boy come here and give me my money back. I mite not kill you for stealing." The boy just buries his face into the cloak of the straighter. "Excuse me is this little shit yours? If so you should beat his a** for stealing from me. Also could you give me my money back?" The straighter looks down at the little boy. There is nothing but birds chirping on the roof tops above them.

A few moments later the straighter tosses a pouch to the shopkeeper. "Is this what you are looking for?" he says in a monotone voice.

"Yes. Beat that kids a** for being a thief." The shopkeeper turns and walks down the alleyway that he had emerged from.

Once the shopkeeper was gone the boy let go of the straighter cloak and takes a few steps back. Not looking up at the man in the cloak for fear and shame.

To be Continued.....

Those who look to the light for salvation don't see the darkness behind them.- The Unmoving Echo