COMMUNITY - FORUMS - FAMILIES & NOBLE HOUSES
tons of questions

So first I want to know what others think. Is it worth it to pay the 350 to become a Astronomer? Also my wife and I both want to do this so that we can both have all the perks below Astronomer i.e. Baron, Merchant, etc. If we got married in the game how would it work with our lands? Also would we be able to have our different lands close to each other or how would that work? Lastly how will titles and everything work once the game is finally released? Will you just create your person and then jump into the game as a Baron/Count/Duke or will you how to do something to get your title?

Thank you for your help I just found out about this game and I'm trying to learn as much as I can.

11/26/2016 2:24:10 PM #1

I would suggest going through the dev journals, there are a lot but there is a lot to the game and a lot of answers you get might have bits wrong, or will reference some dev quote from discord/irc/something and...well it just gets messy.

But is it worth it? Comes down to you really, I pledged Astronomer but I think this game has the potential to be what I have been waiting for for...well years and years. So 350 is a small price to pay if it helps develop my gaming messiah.

As for your wife and towns, you could potentially end up having towns near one another, but you won't know until land selection. Now one of you could sell your title when they start allowing it and gain EP for buying lands and buildings during exposition, and then when you guys marry in game you could split the title that you kept.

How it will work for Astronomer tier is we will select our town during Land Selection, at some point we will pick the family within the town and make it our own (we can change the surname thanks to one of the perks we will be getting), and then during Expo we will be buying lands and setting up the town.

Though truth be told we don't really know how everything is going to work, and everything can change this early on.

11/26/2016 2:46:48 PM #2

Okay thanks. I have been reading as much as I can when I get a chance I know though that there are a lot of people on here with a lot of knowledge about the game already so I wanted a quick answer. But I will keep reading haha. This game sounds super awesome and I cant wait till it actually comes out. I think it will be all we want and more.

11/26/2016 9:20:53 PM #3

I'm concerned as well. I was looking at the baron package as well as one of my friends being a baron. Well friend number3 is on board as a count. How can we see about being barons in our friend's county? This is a bit of money to spend which we know will help the game but we want it to help us as well

11/26/2016 9:44:30 PM #4

Bullet you'll be able to pledge to your count friend in the land selection.

Coming Soon(tm)

11/26/2016 10:51:05 PM #5

Well the devs havent explicitly said how land selection is going to work in detail, so while you could pledge to your friend its still up in the air how likely that a spot in their lands will be open. Hopefully the devs will allow some means for your count friend to make accommodations to save space in their lands for you.

11/27/2016 12:32:37 AM #6

Most of these questions have either been covered by Design Journals or by QnAs. You can find QnA transcipts at https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/9797/qa-compilation.

The searchable website mentioned in https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/9186/unofficial-compilation-of-coe-qa-website has easy to use reference links for use in the forums.

The searchable google docs compilation transcript at https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zeVus-edgr9Cnm4rTCDY_ShsDHzJXOdcUqmZ-PFPAso/edit?pref=2&pli=1 is quickest for highlighting and locating certain words.

Those who fail to learn the historical maneuvers of the Great Dance are doomed to repeating a classic misstep. -- FC--96C878

12/2/2016 7:35:35 PM #7

Posted By chipla at 4:44 PM - Sat Nov 26 2016

Bullet you'll be able to pledge to your count friend in the land selection.

Thanks. Im going to pull the trigger on this.

12/2/2016 7:48:32 PM #8

Just 1 more thing. If you're a baron and your wife is a normal citizen citizen or whatever package she picks, if she marries you ingame you can grant her control of your barony/town with a contract, so you can rule 1 barony/town together.

Carantenum is looking for more citizens. Click on the signature for more information!

12/2/2016 8:16:57 PM #9

Posted By Grayshade at 1:48 PM - Fri Dec 02 2016

Just 1 more thing. If you're a baron and your wife is a normal citizen citizen or whatever package she picks, if she marries you ingame you can grant her control of your barony/town with a contract, so you can rule 1 barony/town together.

You don't have to marry someone to have them help rule your lands.

Can be done just through a contract.

If you marry you two can choose which heir gets the title and then which of you will play said heir and this pass on your title to someone else.

But just to rule have powers you can just do that via a contract without the mess of getting married.