COMMUNITY - FORUMS - FAN MEDIA
A short story/ just satire

me and a guy from work talk about things in the game and funny scenarios that could come up, this was one of the first things we talked about when he heard about the Disguise and Deviant skills. I'm not a writer and it's hard to capture the emotion and way people say stuff, but this is a jist hope you like it.

11/28/2016 2:50:31 AM #1

I can't seem to get it to paste nicely.

Another EDIT: well better then it was but still not formatted

11/28/2016 2:52:25 AM #2

A Crime Of Passion (A satire story of Unknown Game mechanics) By:ZKimbler

Settled within Titan's Steppe, a large town known as New Haven exist. Within this town you may find all manner of things, from swords to bows, armor to cloth, and of course food. However, that is not all you may find, for within every town, there is crime and Deviant behavior. Guards do the best they can, but not all things end well. On a hot summer’s day, the guards gather in a small stone house. Not very well furnished, mainly just chairs and a couple of tables, a few cabinets filled with alcohol and potions, and even fewer sword racks. The light is dim, and the flickering a flame all to apparent in the dust filled “headquarters.” “Quiet!” Shouts the leader. The rustling of guards fileing in and sitting down, ready to listen half-heartedly to another speech on the state of things in town. The leader begins with his usual rambling of failures, and atrocities, never mentioning the few good deeds of the guard. Jermey, one of the newest members of the guard, was just about to slip away when he heard something new from the leader. “Lastly, this new trend of creating Disguises and false documents, needs to be stopped. It has been creating quite a stir among the locals, and even had us arresting an innocent placed both at the scene of a crime AND all the way across town!” The leader pauses for moment for the slower members to catch on, as one even shouts his disbelief on it even being possible. “Quiet,” the leader exclaims again, “I don’t care how, or if you have to Disguise yourselves, get it done.” WIth that the leader sits down himself to his own private ale. Many months pass, and we find our Intrigued guard at home. A small wood and stone shack, the flames of a fire barely visible out the windows in the morning light. Inside, Jermey is getting ready for his day, scraps of cloth lay about, clearly no signs of a woman. Jermey loads a pack onto his back, and make way for the town, eager to start making use of months of Deviant training. Once nearing the gate Jermey puts on a Disguise, looking like an old beggar, and makes his way into town. In town, Jermey makes his way to a nearby abandoned alley, and waits for his opportunity. As the day drags on very few pass thru, and none of them seem interested in Jermey’s wares. Eventually it is night, and Jermey is about to head home when another beggar looking man walks into the alley way. They converse and Jermey is told about a house further in town where others who sell Disguise and offer other Deviant services gather. Thinking this his chance Jermey follows the strange beggar to the house and walks in. Yet another dimly lit stone building, inside Jermey counts about 15 people all dressed as beggars. One beggar stands up among the middle and takes charge of this assembly. He walks over to the windows and doors, checks to make sure they are closed and locked, before taking in a deep breath. “YOU ARE ALL UNDER ARREST!” The beggar then seeming changes into a guard's uniform. The only thing heard among the others is gasps and even a laugh. “I’m a guard to,” says Jermey. “It’s Jermey.” Jermey changes into his guard uniform, as the rest also speak up, and couple others change into their guard uniforms. The rest saying they left there’s at home though clearly not Disguised. With one beggar, wandering from side to side of the room unnoticed, avoiding the identity checking. Yah, I too am a guard, isn’t this funny.” He says nervously.