COMMUNITY - FORUMS - FAN MEDIA
Chimera concept art idea

This is a chimera of a jungle cat and a flying lemur.

It is around the same size as a fox, and feeds on rodents, melon-turtle hatch-lings, birds etc. They have skin flaps between their limbs, and uses it to glide through the canopies of their tropical forest habitat; they live mostly in the tree tops and are only found on the ground when ambushing prey and birthing. They make burrows under the roots of old trees to make have their litter, which usually ranges from 2-6 kittens. Kittens are born blind, deaf and unable to walk; once the kittens are able to walk, see and hear the mother moves them out of the burrow and into the canopies.

Concept #2 (07/31/2017)

This was inspired by axolotls and crocodiles (Axolotlgator??). Though closely resembling a salamander this creature is more related to newts as its hide is rough and thick and it has true teeth from birth. Unlike many of its relatives this creature is an ambush predator and can grow up to 12 feet (though members of the To'Resk have reported larger specimens being seen). These animals spend a majority of their adult life in marshes or any sort of freshwater body, only traversing the land in search of a mate during breeding season. Females will lay a clutch of up to 8 eggs in the water hidden under rocks, a male will then fertilize them after successful courting . Within 6-9 weeks the eggs will hatch and the larva will live within their mothers territory until they have become fully developed.

Concept #3

This is what I drew for a concept presented here by Jazz. I named it the Sitaguana for now (I'm bad with names as you can see lol). These creatures are around the size of a large horse (if not larger) and are swamp mounts for the Dras, their hooves are not actual hooves but rather large modified scales (much like their "horns") that have thickened to act like hooves.

Sitaguana are omnivorous feeding on bird eggs, fish and plants present in their swampy environment. They are one of the few reptilian creature that are viviparous (give birth to live young much like anacondas and boas) having no more than one offspring every 3-5 years. These creatures are though intimidating due to their shear size and rather cold, dead gaze are rather docile and will only attack when felt threatened or when encroaching too close upon a mother and her young.

P.s Not a fan of the feather's color may change in future.

Concept #4

This is a sketch for Athol's post. Athol has a very in-depth post about his concept so I will not be expounding on anything.

11/29/2016 8:04:42 AM #1

Wow, really nice !

11/29/2016 9:21:09 AM #2

Nice cat with a scarf, next time use something other than Windows paint jesus

You may have erased my signature, but you can't corner the dorner

11/29/2016 10:19:16 AM #3

Wow Orangeboy get a grip, its just an idea made by a fan and not by an artist.

11/29/2016 3:08:56 PM #4

Posted By OrangeBoy at 04:21 AM - Tue Nov 29 2016

Nice cat with a scarf, next time use something other than Windows paint jesus

Hmm I never noticed it looked like a scarf, and now I can't un-see it any suggestions on techniques to make it look less like a scarf. (I can't change programs but if it helps I use paint tool sai and even though its digital art I mostly hand draw using my tablet with the exception of having an undo button)

11/29/2016 4:50:17 PM #5

I now dub thee the canopy cat..I would like to know with fluffy chest of without fluffy chase? It would also be interesting if the canopy cat's fur is in high demand because its fur is super soft like that of a chinchilla. Its fur could be a rare resource in game because of how extensively noble women demand their fur coats be made from its fur.

8/1/2017 4:50:16 PM #6

Added new chimera concept :3

8/1/2017 5:21:16 PM #7

I like the new concept but I think maybe making the snout more alligator and have the grind thingys on top.

8/1/2017 5:44:59 PM #8

Posted By DavanOrdanska at 1:21 PM - Tue Aug 01 2017

I like the new concept but I think maybe making the snout more alligator and have the grind thingys on top.

Thank you for the feedback that sounds like a good idea, it would definitely make the creature look more unique so I will make the adjustments and compare the two. I did create it with a rounded snout because its not a crocodilian but an urodela (which contains all salamanders/newts) whose main characteristics do include a rounded snout, and since sbs already seems to have intentions to have alligators I figured I shouldn't create something too similar.

8/1/2017 5:56:01 PM #9

Nice concept. The Axologator (or Axodile? or may be Axog?) looks kind of cute. I wouldn't change the look. Makes more story if kept looking harmless.

Sure To'resk children love to catch todpoles. What bad surprise if they don't listen to the warnings their parents gave them and suffer some bleeding bites when going after baby Axogs!

Also think about this harmless looking animal suddenly attacking and sinking its teeth into ignorant intruders from other tribes.

8/1/2017 9:32:18 PM #10

Actually second thought after reading last two comments keep it rounded.

But maybe to add variety give it a light ridged nose maybe?

8/2/2017 2:43:49 AM #11

The Axodile is adorable and horrifying.

For the Canopy Cat, maybe fluffy chest for males and smooth for females? Make it a mating display thing. The male with the fluffiest chest wins.

Friend Code: B8ADDD

8/2/2017 4:51:56 AM #12

Posted By ziggyspots at 10:43 PM - Tue Aug 01 2017

The Axodile is adorable and horrifying.

For the Canopy Cat, maybe fluffy chest for males and smooth for females? Make it a mating display thing. The male with the fluffiest chest wins.

Hahaha I love that idea

8/2/2017 10:59:47 PM #13

orangeboy is a piece of crap who should be forum banned. it's nice art; i was definitely impressed.

i'm partial to the axolotl chimera. such cool looking creatures.

archer, tamer, survivalist, monster hunter, protector of the weak || duchy of aravier, kingdom of alésia, « næ

8/10/2017 8:20:52 PM #14

I think, COE should be inspired by the big bestiary of RPG Like D&D or the lord of the rings... Although, the game designs are not bad.

8/12/2017 9:21:00 PM #15

Posted By Amlaith at 4:20 PM - Thu Aug 10 2017

I think, COE should be inspired by the big bestiary of RPG Like D&D or the lord of the rings... Although, the game designs are not bad.

I agree D&D monster manual has some very good concepts of mythical creatures and could save sbs a ton of time.

Added more to my post for now :)