COMMUNITY - FORUMS - SOULS, TALENTS, & REINCARNATION
rebirth cost

i recently found out that in order to be rebirthed you need to pay a real life fee (20-40) and i wanted to ask if there are any packages i could buy from kickstarter or after the game launches that will give me infinite rebirths

12/5/2016 5:44:20 PM #1

No infinite rebirths, sorry. If you pledge for a high enough tier, you get bonus sparks of life which will be helpful. This is a rather unique system of paying for your subscription. If you want to live a simple, peaceful life and devote yourself to gathering or production skills, you can expect to get a lot more time out of each spark than someone who devotes themselves to the dangers of exploration and combat. Also, the more famous you are, the greater the cost you face each time you spirit walk, meaning nobles may have to buy more sparks of life than commoners.

It will be interesting to see. I am sure if you worked with the developers and backed CoE with a significant amount of money (maybe $100,000 or more) perhaps they would allow you to be an immortal, free to reincarnate as often as you choose. However, more than likely, if you figure you will pay for roughly 9 additional sparks of life over the 10 year story of CoE, you could pay $225 in addition to the $35 for the base game and 1 spark of life, for a total of $260 for 10 years in a pretty ambitious game.

12/5/2016 6:30:49 PM #2

FYI spirit walking in case you didnt know isnt permadeath, just shortens your overall lifespan.

Count Ruthgar Rugharin, County of Bragen Veld, Duchy - Conclave of Aritaur, Kingdom of Vornair.