COMMUNITY - FORUMS - FAN MEDIA
Southern/Desert style clothes concepts

Some rough sketches of clothing for the south/desert people, it only makes sense they will have different clothes because the weather and temperature will be different. They will want loose, lighter, more open clothing, they will have lighter colours as so not to absorb too much heat. The clothes are inspired by Ethiopian, Asian and Egyptian culture and I will have an update of the sketches with more dresses including hairstyles. :) tell me what you guys think do you think the desert people should have different clothes or should we all wear the same clothing?

12/5/2016 8:02:39 PM #1

Looks good. I'm sure people will wear different clothes because of different biomes. I doubt northerners will wear clothes like this though. Got any ideas for men? :)

Carantenum is looking for more citizens. Click on the signature for more information!

12/5/2016 8:12:52 PM #2

Posted By Grayshade at 8:02 PM - Mon Dec 05 2016

Looks good. I'm sure people will wear different clothes because of different biomes. I doubt northerners will wear clothes like this though. Got any ideas for men? :)

I thought those were mens clothes.

12/5/2016 8:15:51 PM #3

Posted By Grayshade at 3:02 PM - Mon Dec 05 2016

I will be drawing mens clothing in the near future :)

12/5/2016 8:26:27 PM #4

You're forgetting the Nirathii sun on all of them :D

Coming Soon(tm)

12/5/2016 8:47:39 PM #5

"Layers of clothes help keep sweat from evaporating too quickly so that an individual can conserve moisture and keep the body cooler and hydrated." This is very important for being in the desert, if we're talking desert and not near a lot of water or more "tropical" in that sense. Though I do look VERY MUCH forward to more posts :D! I love them so far!

12/5/2016 11:30:33 PM #6

Posted By Liva at 3:47 PM - Mon Dec 05 2016

"Layers of clothes help keep sweat from evaporating too quickly so that an individual can conserve moisture and keep the body cooler and hydrated." This is very important for being in the desert, if we're talking desert and not near a lot of water or more "tropical" in that sense. Though I do look VERY MUCH forward to more posts :D! I love them so far!

Hmm I understand what you are saying, I could use that as inspiration for more clothes. Thank you though, when I saw your thread of dress concepts the were all northern European looking, which is almost always the clothing design in every fantasy game, and I was thinking well if they have different biomes then there should be different clothes depending on the biomes.

12/5/2016 11:34:14 PM #7

Posted By LapisRazuri at 12:30 AM - Tue Dec 06 2016

Posted By Liva at 3:47 PM - Mon Dec 05 2016

Hmm I understand what you are saying, I could use that as inspiration for more clothes. Thank you though, when I saw your thread of dress concepts the were all northern European looking, which is almost always the clothing design in every fantasy game, and I was thinking well if they have different biomes then there should be different clothes depending on the biomes.

I like that :D Maybe even think about designing some parasols/umbrellas ;3 you can't be too fancy.

12/5/2016 11:52:19 PM #8

Love this. I'm far more interested in the desert biome than anywhere else.

SBS themselves said their animals are conceptualized base off realistic adaptation and evolution seen in real life. I think they should consider how realistic their desert culture's apparel looks as well, and they should draw from ideas like this.

12/6/2016 7:55:47 AM #9

Posted By Vucar at 6:52 PM - Mon Dec 05 2016

Love this. I'm far more interested in the desert biome than anywhere else.

SBS themselves said their animals are conceptualized base off realistic adaptation and evolution seen in real life. I think they should consider how realistic their desert culture's apparel looks as well, and they should draw from ideas like this.

I am also really interested in the desert biome. I think it would be great if there were cultural differences between the biomes it would definitely create another layer of depth to the game and provide great role-play opportunities.