COMMUNITY - FORUMS - LUNA DOMAINS
[NA] Duchy Of Ashira

Introduction

The Duchy of Ashira is located within the Kingdom of Kairos and will be on US-East server. While the duchy will have a varying range of opportunities the goal of the duchy is to have a focus on agriculture and trade. When exposition occurs I will be looking for a duchy that has a varying range of biomes that can excel at growing different crops along with the space in order to do so.

Lore

The Valerius family has ruled over the Duchy of Ashira for generations. Starting around the year 600 as a humble farming family, and stretching all the way to the present day as an agricultural powerhouse under the rule of Duchess Ilaria, the story of Ashira has always been one of prosperity, honor, and a sense of justice.

Ashira has long been the breadbasket of the Kingdom, reaching back for hundreds of years. Fertile lands, hardworking people and relative peace all mingled in an idyllic farmer’s paradise. However, even farmers and herdsmen are affected by war. During the year 711, the Richfort family led a rebellion against the throne. The ruling King, Croesus Delafonte, was once a good man, but age, dementia and possibly disease had ravaged his mind until he could no longer tell friend from foe. In a fit of paranoia, the King called his banners to crush the upstart. Ever loyal to his liege, Duke Tagwyn Valerius led his small army to battle, leaving his young son Varyn to rule in his stead. Months of brutal fighting took their toll on the brave men and women of Ashira, and with supplies dwindling and deaths mounting, Duke Tagwyn called a retreat in the winter of 712. Sadly, he never made it home. A bare handful of the original army returned with his body - bandits had waylaid the company and the Duke had fallen defending the wounded. Young Varyn was devastated, and vowed that he would devote his life to eradicating every bandit, highwayman and cutthroat in Ashira.

By 713, the rebellion was over. The newly crowned King Richfort summoned young Varyn to the court in Chrysopolis, where he accepted Ashira’s renewed pledge of fealty to the throne. The King expressed his condolences to Varyn, and praised the bravery and honor of his father. Varyn returned home to Ashira, where he lived up to his promise, and aggressively rooted out criminals of all stripes. The King admired the efforts of the Duke, and often took his counsel as he rebuilt Kairos. The two became fast friends, and Varyn was ultimately named the Hand of the King as a reward for his service and friendship.

Ashira today remains a thriving, bustling farming duchy, where people of all walks of life can have their own chance at peace and prosperity. But would-be deviants should tread lightly, lest they run afoul of Duchess Ilaria’s wrath.

Ideals of the Duchy

All citizens of Ashira are expected to treat everyone with respect including citizens of the duchy, nobility, and other folk from outside the duchy borders. There will be no support for any griefing type behavior. All citizens must act within the laws of the duchy and each subsequent county/city laws. Duchy laws will take precedent and only superseded by Kingdom laws.

I will not micro-manage the counts and barons that reside in my duchy and will ultimately allow them to run how they wish as long as it is for the betterment of the duchy and kingdom overall.

The duchy will provide incentives, to be determined based on game mechanics, for those who wish to pursue tasks in the agriculture fields.

There will be taxes paid by each level of nobility and passed on to each citizen. These rates will be fair and all funds will be used to better the duchy and will not be used for personal wealth.

While the duchy will encourge role-playing it is not a requirement. I would consider the focus on role-playing to be light.

All religions are welcome to be practiced within the duchy and no one religion will be given advantageous treatment over any other.

Trade and Economy

Balancing a good supply and demand ratio is critical to any economy and this will be kept in check by using all resources to their upmost potential. Trade agreements will be sought out for the duchy for goods that cannot be obtained or are less commonly found within its borders. There will be work orders created for goods to be fulfilled in order to fuel these agreements which will create a guaranteed income for those who are in the agriculture field to effectively be bought out each season. If our supply is far greater than our need for agreements then more active trade agreements will be sought out.

Council Positions

Grand Marshal

Ashira will have a standing military and the Grand Marshal will be the person who leads them on the field of battle. They will aid in forming and executing out battle plans and also oversee training of all soldiers. They will also be in charge of city guards and coordinating the protection of trade routes.

Justice of the High Court

Will help maintain the judicial system within the duchy including appointing new judgeship where required. They will oversee local courts and handle any appeals.

Head of Commerce

Will help maintain a good economy including tax rates, trade agreements, business endeavors and judging opportunity costs

Grand Strategist

Will help maintain the growth of the duchy including infrastructure such as roads and building upkeep as well as aid city planning.

Grand Trailblazer

Will help guide the direction of all research and advances in technology for the duchy.

Ashira will be a welcoming place for all and will provide many opportunities to seek out your own endeavors. I am looking for citizens of every variety regardless of their focus.

Kingdom of Kairos Discord link: https://discord.gg/UqfwhBV

Counties of Ashira

County of Agrion

County of Wessex

County of Hibernia

County of Baile

County of Talax

Proud Member of the Kingdom of Kairos

12/7/2016 9:48:58 PM #1

reserved

12/7/2016 10:02:27 PM #2

Nice organized post you have there. Welcome to na - e lets have fun!

1/3/2017 12:51:22 AM #3

It was a pleasure to meat you on Discord last night. I really like your ideas and the direction you are setting for your Duchy.

1/11/2017 4:43:58 AM #4

Glad to meet you as well Raiven, welcome to the kingdom :) I am looking forward to working with everyone inside of kairos and other kingdoms as well!

1/22/2017 9:09:42 PM #5

Heya Ilaria. County space still available?

1/29/2017 5:35:42 AM #6

Yes Falcian I am still recruiting all roles and positions for my Duchy :)

2/3/2017 3:23:04 AM #7

Posted By Ilaria at 11:35 PM - Sat Jan 28 2017

I'd like to apply for the Duke position.

2/16/2017 5:38:30 PM #8

Posted By Troy Defi at 8:23 PM - Thu Feb 02 2017

Posted By Ilaria at 11:35 PM - Sat Jan 28 2017

I'd like to apply for the Duke position.

Put in an official application and your request will be considered :P

2/27/2017 10:52:55 PM #9

Just wanted everyone to know that, although I will not be at PAX-East, there should be members of the Kingdom of Kairos present at the events and around the CoE booth! If you want to know more and are there, please seek them out!

3/10/2017 6:49:14 AM #10

For those that are attending pax east help bring in resources for kairos!! If you would like to learn more information about kairos or my duchy please feel free to pm on here or post and I'll get you in the right hands!

3/13/2017 7:39:23 PM #11

Agriculture and trade will be very important for the kingdom, good luck !

“The important thing in strategy is to suppress the enemy's useful actions but allow his useless actions” -Miyamoto Musashi

Count of Jinroh County. We are not the Men who dress like Dogs.... We are the Wolves disguised like Men.. (Friend Code: F33A1F)

3/22/2017 12:18:24 PM #12

Ilaria, what are your thoughts on starting biomes? (not that we are aware of what is released yet). Where do you think you'll end up with influence in the selection order.

3/24/2017 11:08:17 PM #13

Hello Duchess, wish you all the luck for idyllic place you will be building. Are the inns still a thing?

3/29/2017 12:48:48 AM #14

Can't wait to see great things from your Duchy,Ilaria.

Friend Code: 3316A7

3/29/2017 1:49:53 AM #15

As far as biome I personally would like something grassland/tropical type environment. And yes Mythos the Inns will still be a thing! As much as my role as a Duchess allows it. Maybe we shall have a Yearly Duke Gambling night.