COMMUNITY - FORUMS - THE TAVERN
Ashes of Creation: Another sandbox MMO going crowdfunding route

Looks a little further along than CoE. Hard to say. A little similar in scope? Maybe some competition!

http://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Solaris/?campaign=RegisterHereforAshesofCreation

http://massivelyop.com/2016/12/06/ashes-of-creation-promises-a-sandbox-mmo-full-of-organic-events/

Count of Sigil's Light, oathed to Duke Damius Kymerion and the Duchy of Thorne

12/8/2016 6:59:51 AM #1

Damn. I can't help but admit, their video is good.

I do feel that their game is more fantasy, while CoE is more realism. Hope their game works out as well.

Right now, I'm just a sloth. Just a motionless sloth. A sinful sloth. Please don't make me work. Can't you see how troublesome it would be to get up everyday and actually be productive? Just leave me be. Let me be a sloth.

12/8/2016 7:02:15 AM #2

Also, although I prefer CoE's base design and concept better, but the graphics for Ashes of Creation is more my thing in truth.

Right now, I'm just a sloth. Just a motionless sloth. A sinful sloth. Please don't make me work. Can't you see how troublesome it would be to get up everyday and actually be productive? Just leave me be. Let me be a sloth.

12/8/2016 7:26:19 AM #3

i do agree with shady 100% while although the graphics seem appealing and very nice,the combat didn't look great nor did i enjoy the look of the skill/spells they seemed to have. Good luck to them though CoE is still what im hyped for, not sure if they can compete with its depth, design and concept.

Alt text - can be left blank

12/8/2016 2:15:28 PM #4

The graphics look good, but I prefer the concept of COE more and the combat in Ashes looks like it uses a hot bar. And the game seems even further away than COE, something about 2020 or later.

COE is still my number 1 MMO Iam hyped for. Though I have to say Ashes is 2nd and Iam not interested in any others.

12/8/2016 2:27:05 PM #5

damn, this game looks pretty good. this could be a problem for CoE.

Their combat needs to improve, but I guess it is their announcement video, so thats to be expected,

12/8/2016 3:53:34 PM #6

Fancy looking. More games like this coming out is always a good thing.

12/15/2016 3:34:49 AM #7

I guess they are going to Kickstarter soon.

Count of Sigil's Light, oathed to Duke Damius Kymerion and the Duchy of Thorne

12/15/2016 3:49:07 AM #8

I'll be backing them in their Kickstarter when it happens but I honestly don't think they're in the same league, at least not yet. Elyria has a ton of concrete information about new and ground-breaking game mechanics with a dev team dedicated to transparency and that goes a long ways in my books.

12/15/2016 4:01:08 AM #9

Flagged pvp, zoned quest chains, instanced housing....

Enough things here to make me sure it doesn't have the same potential as CoE.

Still, i'll inevitably keep an eye on it.