COMMUNITY - FORUMS - FAMILIES & NOBLE HOUSES
The Start of a Dynasty, or wishful thinking?

Hello! First of all... stumbled upon Elyria and thrilled with the potential. That being said, I and several of my friends are looking to jump in by purchasing Baron-level(or higher) access.

I searched the forums for an answer to my question, but couldn't find anything specific. Our idea is to start as Baronies (or one County, two baronies?) and have familial ties. From the sounds of reading the Forums and FAQ, this seems doable... However, based on gameplay mechanics, will three Baronies be too independent to function in a fully cooperative manner, and how would this affect progress towards potentially moving up in the world?

Curious to hear the responses since it'll dictate what level the remainder of us purchase.

Thanks everyone and look forward to some fantastic interactions!

12/10/2016 6:48:28 PM #1

Three baronies can interact in a cooperative manner, and you can have familial ties. I don't see that there is any reason you can't have a familial cooperation as you wish.

Coming Soon(tm)

12/10/2016 7:44:15 PM #2

Thank you for the reply! Suppose ultimately it boils down to: is it wise to have multiple in power or one or two (baron and count) of actual nobility and the others working in the towns? Our biggest concern is spreading resources (us) too thin.

That being said... we're also looking to get heavily established in RP and politics.

Thanks again!

12/10/2016 8:56:19 PM #3

One thing to think about is Baronies are meant to be defensive settlements sponsored by the duke. You might not be able to get 3 that are that close together, One (or two) of you could be mayors, which is similar to a baron, without the sponsorship of the duke however.

Another potential you guys have, is 2 of you combine resources, and purchase the count tier ($500), marry each other in game, so you both have that title, and have the 3rd be a barony/mayor in one of those counties. As a count, you can also be a mayor. Or I think you could even let the 3rd person run the town, while you lived in his/her settlement? It would depend on the mechanics.

I'm not 100% sure on the mechanics, but I think something like that could work. It just all depends on what you want to do.

Friend code: 598D31

12/11/2016 1:23:50 AM #4

Posted By MysticDream76 at 3:56 PM - Sat Dec 10 2016

One thing to think about is Baronies are meant to be defensive settlements sponsored by the duke. You might not be able to get 3 that are that close together, One (or two) of you could be mayors, which is similar to a baron, without the sponsorship of the duke however.

Another potential you guys have, is 2 of you combine resources, and purchase the count tier ($500), marry each other in game, so you both have that title, and have the 3rd be a barony/mayor in one of those counties. As a count, you can also be a mayor. Or I think you could even let the 3rd person run the town, while you lived in his/her settlement? It would depend on the mechanics.

I'm not 100% sure on the mechanics, but I think something like that could work. It just all depends on what you want to do.

Excellent information! Thank you! This is exactly what I was looking for since I wanted to ensure it wouldn't be a waste to all go Baron.

Any other information would be greatly appreciated, as well. Though I suppose the next step is making connections and contacts since a County has to belong somewhere!

12/11/2016 1:45:21 AM #5

Check out Ashland on NA-W!

https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/14124/naw-kingdom-of-ashland

Pop on the discord and say hi!

https://discord.gg/DXZaBkU

Friend code: 598D31

12/11/2016 6:35:07 AM #6

not wishfull thinking to all be in a family my family currently has multiple counts multiple barons multiple mayors and from what we know surnames might not be unique so even if you can't get them all in a single family you could start with the same custom surname and roleplay a distant family link. if anything I'm the wishfull thinker hahaha you should be fine with 3 barons/mayors or pooling two of you to get a count and a baron title

12/11/2016 7:00:24 AM #7

The first guy buy a duchy then he give his count title to the 2nd and his Mayor title to the 3th.

Or One buy count and the 2 other buy Mayor package look like a good idea if you want to build a strong familly with your friend and being close to each other. and you can still own a Villa and share it with your 2 other friend.

If you are looking for a Kingdom in EU feel free to click on my banner and read my kingdom post :).