COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
So is anyone giving up titles?

So my question above is to find out if others are considering handing in the nobility titles.

I will. See I pledged to only support the game and of course get some of the perks like EA, Expo and Alpha 1. I think I want to be a farmer, who breeds animals and grows food for major cities. What do you think?

12/28/2016 4:29:29 AM #1

Yeah, at the very least I'm giving up my Count title, the wife is giving up hers as well. So, hey - there's two back in circulation! :) Depending on how things go I may give up Baron / Mayor too ... we'll see.

12/28/2016 4:30:15 AM #2

I also pledged as support only and have no real desire to play a governing role.

12/28/2016 4:32:00 AM #3

Very cool of you guys. I hope that you find good people to pass your titles on to. Kudos to you!

12/28/2016 4:34:54 AM #4

I though I read somewhere that giving up titles could get you extra EP during exposition. I kind of like the idea of making a really rich and powerful gentry family pulling the strings from the shadows.

12/28/2016 5:25:30 AM #5

I just don't want to rule, at least for me that seems like it would take me away from the game, I'm sure others will disagree but that's my reasoning. plus like I said it was to throw support.

I did consider it hence the banner but I think I will give it up.

12/28/2016 5:44:49 AM #6

Posted By Violent at 10:32 PM - Tue Dec 27 2016

Very cool of you guys. I hope that you find good people to pass your titles on to. Kudos to you!

I don't think you can pass them on, I want the EP so I'm guessing that we have to decided before the game starts.

12/28/2016 6:07:04 AM #7

I have no intention of handing in mine at all.

FWIW, I was KS Backer #21 and wanted nothing but the best for this game.

12/28/2016 6:42:39 AM #8

That's great, and I understand why you don't but for me its just to much I cant play a lot even tho they say your don't have to play much because this is the game built for adults with jobs. I can't really see how a noble can get away with not being online more often then others. Farming and breeding is my goals with a huge farming type ranch that my EP should be able to pay for.

12/28/2016 6:43:22 AM #9

Posted By Flashman at 12:07 AM - Wed Dec 28 2016

I have no intention of handing in mine at all.

A Baron right?

12/28/2016 7:07:28 AM #10

Likewise; i only need something from which my small "association" may base out of. I don't need a town, or npcs, or any of that headache.

If being baron means i must run or manage npcs, ill be abdicating my title. Its still not clear to me whether or not that will be the case if i set us up somewhere remote.

12/28/2016 10:11:26 AM #11

To run a town only requires like 30 minutes per day or 3hrs per week if that or you can hire someone else to do it. You're not building the town, all you're doing is zoning the land, setting up lease documents for people to lease land and then letting everyone else build it. 99% of the time you can go off and do your own thing.

12/28/2016 10:19:34 AM #12

I can completely understand people giving up count titles. They seem like an awful lot more effort and a very different play style. Baron/Mayor however, seems doable for me if I make sure I pick a small settlement so I am more a village elder than anything more. That way I still keep all the items and benefits I bought, like earlier land selection, but can really concentrate on farming. The EP you get from trading in a Baron title is just not enough to tempt me.

Author of the Elyria Echo the first, and least up-to-date, CoE fan site.

12/28/2016 10:47:46 AM #13

I like that VictoriaRachel, the idea of just being a Baron to a small village seems reasonable and something I think I could handle. I want to see what the trade is for stepping down before I make any decisions about my nobility,

As a count as I understand it, and please correct me if i'm wrong you have to set up armies and such for the duke/king so all military right? and so you are not really your own person you are a puppet right? So understanding the titles, a Count/Countess is what some places would call an Earl? or is that the Baron?

Just trying to understand the line of secession.

1.King, Queen.

2.Duke, Duchess.

3.Marquess, Marchioness.

4.Earl, Countess. -------So a male is not a Count he is an Earl or is titles specific to location/country..Like in Scandinavia Jarl.

5.Viscount, Viscountess.

6.Baron, Baroness.

12/28/2016 10:54:11 AM #14

That I should a Baron, you still have your own priorities too but you do pledge to a Duke. I most definitely would not be seeking to go down that route!

Counts focus is on trade and development of the county. So managing infrastructure projects and networking to get their people good deals. They still have to collect tax from Mayors and pass in a share to the Dukes though. But I think that is the same for everyone. Everyone has some responsibility to the collective though. Even as a farmer you will be paying taxes and following the local laws so not truely independent.

Author of the Elyria Echo the first, and least up-to-date, CoE fan site.

12/28/2016 12:01:59 PM #15

I too am just a lowly citizen with no desire to govern ,but, am ambitious enough to SHAPE the future!