COMMUNITY - FORUMS - SOULS, TALENTS, & REINCARNATION
Werewolves, werebears, werecats oh my

Werebeast are present in almost all fantasy things, books and games. In some novels like true blood they are a species apart from humans who transform into a specific animal at will more or less, and in shows like being human they are humans with a supernatural disease that activates during a full moon, forcing their bones to reshape and their human self awareness to vanish and they turn into half human monsters. These too kinds of werewolves are very different, the true blood wolves are born wolf, they cannot turn humans while being human werewolves are cursed humans who pass the disease on threw a mere scratch.

I wanna know which kinds of were creatures elyria will have. We know it's gonna be a talent (the shapeshifting ability) and now we know talents are character specific not soul specific. So Elyrian werebeast are born then? Right?

I have some concerns -will shapeshifters be able to control the talent?

-what kind of werebeast will they turn into, will they simply turn into animals or monsters.

-how big will the range of shapeshifting talent be, will there be a talent to shapeshift for rats, cats, bees, fish, birds. Or will it be a selective few like werewolves and werebears.

-I think it'd be cool if some shapeshifting talents were tribe specific like a southern tribe have people who shapeshift into leopards and elephants while northern tribes have people who shapeshift into wolves and elk.

What do you guys think?

1/1/2017 8:30:25 AM #1

Werefish sounds fun?

1/1/2017 8:35:58 AM #2

Werefish could be fun unless your character is born in a desert, when you transform you die.

1/4/2017 12:57:45 AM #3

Shapeshifter is gonna be only soul talent or can gained as story lucky quest?

Mexican adventurer

1/4/2017 1:05:35 AM #4

Posted By Zeromegas at 7:57 PM - Tue Jan 03 2017

Shapeshifter is gonna be only soul talent or can gained as story lucky quest?

I've heard having the talent of shapeshifter is EXTREMELY rare. I wouldn't even think about it. Remember, roughly 5% of people will be 'gifted'. Being gifted comes at a cost also. People may never even know they'll have talents!

1/4/2017 1:09:01 AM #5

I wouldn't mind having a werewolf in the games. Besides, vampires and a lich will be in the game-eventually. You need it to be balanced though :P.

1/28/2017 12:27:52 AM #6

Lycanthropy should be in the game; but as a curse, slow and permanent. Something like what happened to Jack Nicholson's character in "Wolf"

• I'm big enough to forgive you. But I'm not stupid enough to trust you again. (A29D00/#9056)
1/28/2017 2:12:04 AM #7

I don't want to sound rude, but: where have you guys read/heard it? Or it's just another speculation topic?

There could be 2 types of shapeshifting talent, minor: where you can only transform into the animal, and major where you can transform into the animal and into a humanoid monster type.

i would like to see some nonusual/weird ones like werespider; weremantis; weresnake; werelizard; werebat; wererat...

On top of that, my question is: if we have all this list of Vampires, Liches, Ghosts, Werewolves... dragons, how far we've gone from "low/mid fantasy"? Or if we have A LOT of fantasy creatures, but they all are rare we're still at it?

1/28/2017 2:29:48 AM #8

I think we lost that low fantasy when they started including hybrid animals. Speaking of hydride animals that adds a layer of complications to shapeshifters.