COMMUNITY - FORUMS - SOULS, TALENTS, & REINCARNATION
Mining, Smelting, Armor/Weapon making!?

I am wondering what every ones take is on one of the oldest forms of art. I haven't been searching much about this game and reading up about no defined classes, but schools for mastery and family knowledge pass down has me interested in these such trades. I definitely enjoy grinding for "fame and fortune" and wonder if you kind people can help me out on what i can POSSIBLY look forward to.. I appreciate all the help!

1/2/2017 7:19:57 PM #1

Most of the information you are looking for is located in various design journals which if you're interested in the game I recommend you read with the expectation that some of the information in the earlier posts is outdated. https://chroniclesofelyria.com/blog/663/DJ-9-Crafting-Professions As far as I'm aware there, unfortunately, isn't much other information aside from the DJ's and wiki.

1/2/2017 8:31:28 PM #2

Thank you so much, i appreciate the fast response!

1/5/2017 2:25:13 PM #3

well it´s indeed a nice point of view, i think many people are thinking of going for smithing was a hobby/ secondary skill just cause it allows you to be more self sufficient. For example i wish to be an adventurer/monster hunter so being able to grind my blade or even forging a new one will be essential for long stays in the wild

1/14/2017 3:35:55 AM #4

War is profitable. If you can supply the weapons for both sides, you're the one really gaining the most in that setting. I relate to Kio's post, albeit I'd also like to focus on my alchemy and potion brewing.

I've read in the dev journals that being able to sharpen a blade cuts away from the blade's material, and that you'll eventually have to replace the blade entirely. Shorter bladed weapons would be easier to carry a spare blade for, for those longer missions where you gotta kill... everything.