COMMUNITY - FORUMS - LUNA DOMAINS
[NA-E] County Foliastrou

County Foliastrou

House Hessan small.png

Server: NA-East

Hello everyone and welcome to the County from myself, Count Hessan! We are a part of the Kingdom of Kairos under the Royal Duchy of Val’Praem. If you would like to know more about our parent organizations, I will include more information and links at the bottom of this post. Furthermore, associating with the County would help give you access to the following organizations associated with Kairos.

The Grand Forge

Red Branch Order

More Coming Soon™!

Now with that out of the way, I will try to describe what my current vision is for the County.

Location, location, location! This is obviously is a major issue that will mainly need to be addressed at a future time in no small part than because Chronicles of Elyria doesn’t have a map yet. When a map of the world is released and the kingdom starts making plans, I will begin to be more clear on the geography front.

However, I can clarify the kind of place that I intend to place our roots. I intend on placing our county in a strategic location in the interior of the Kingdom. This would mean that the county would be next to or near a strategic resource and, if possible, an important chokepoint in our transportation network along a river, ford, pass, or crossroads.

Military Role

Chaucer

As a country, obviously, we will need to have strong and organized military presences inside our borders. However, based on the current diplomatic situation and the policies that have been described to me by His Majesty, I intend on encouraging the military contingents to be more focused on maintaining law and order and protecting the citizens from banditry. As I mentioned above, I intend on our county being on a resource of strategic importance or internal checkpoint within the kingdom.

Part of the reason why I want to make sure that our country and my capital seat, in particular, is not on the borders of the nation is because I intend to use it as a test-bed for military construction, field construction, and siege technologies. While the actual developers will likely be in universities in the grand cities of the Kingdom, this will be a place where we can look at these techniques and see what works.

Civilian Mission

mission

At this present time, I am a member of MADE and head of the Hard Infrastructure sub-council for the Kingdom of Kairos. Because of this, I intend on the civilian mission of our county seat and hopefully the county at large to be in part to help me exemplify these aspects of the nation. We will have a warehouse for MADE and other Kingdom guilds to maintain resources and will encourage the development of local resources through protection and utilizing those resources ourselves when we can. I fully intend to leverage the existence of strategic resources and preexisting infrastructure to expand and economically develop the County in a sustainable way. The exact way that we will be helping the kingdom in these ways is largely dependent on the resources available to our county at the time of foundation.

How does this help you? Simply put, I will do my best to make sure our County's money is invested in getting us the best infrastructure we can to assist whatever economic activities you have planned for yourself as a settlement, guild, or individual player.

Culture

The county at this time does not have a unifying cultural idea for Roleplayers at this time, though I am considering starting some customs and traditions with my own characters that are partly inspired from my own experiences. The kingdom itself has a vaguely late Roman/early Byzantine feel in several of the Duchies including the one we are a part of, especially with naming conventions. That is why I picked a Greek-inspired name for the County. However many other names in the County like the seat I intend on drawing from Yiddish or German language origins. I will clarify more in this area once Kairos has figured out its placement on the map and our possible races to choose from are known.

Who are we looking for?

All are welcome in the County. We will need community leaders and organizers, soldiers, masons, carpenters, architects, miners, and so many more. The exacts of this will, of course, depend on our geographic location and resources available. Even if you intend to play the roguish type, there may be a place for you among our sheriffs, hunters, and scouts, keeping an eye on the internal roads and byways of the nation. Those fully intending on nomadic lives such as explorers and traders are welcome to maintain bases on our kingdom since we should be a relatively safe place in a politically stable part of Elyria.

How to contact us

If you wish any more information, then feel free to join the county Discord.

County Foliastrou

Also, you can join us on the Kingdom of Kairos Discord!

Kairos

If you wish to know more about the kingdom Foliastrou is a part of, you can also look at this website: www.KingdomOfKairos.co.uk

1/3/2017 9:19:34 PM #1

Looking forward to being neighbors in Val'Praem!

1/8/2017 1:29:27 AM #2

Same here Trug! Things are shaping up nicely in Kairos!

1/11/2017 1:21:34 AM #3

Nice. Sounds like a well organized county.

1/11/2017 3:43:44 AM #4

Congrats my friend. You know you have my full support.

1/13/2017 4:49:46 PM #5

Hope to work with you, Hessan! I'm sure we'll have plenty of trade ventures.

1/15/2017 4:17:06 AM #6

Another proud member of MADE and part of Kenrik Mazo's subcouncil in the Kingdom of Kairos under King Thared Richfort.

1/20/2017 4:07:52 AM #7

Thank you everyone! Can't wait to get started on everything in game.

2/27/2017 4:02:12 AM #8

Just wanted everyone to know that, although I will not be at PAX-East, there should be members of the Kingdom of Kairos present at the events and around the CoE booth! If you want to know more and are there, please seek them out!

4/9/2017 3:11:12 AM #9

Don't forget to check these guys out!

5/27/2017 5:24:09 AM #10

Please move to Luna Domains

6/21/2018 3:52:36 AM #11

We at the Kingdom are also active in several other games, including the upcoming beta for Camelot Unchained!

7/23/2018 6:28:17 PM #12

It's great to have so many organized and active counties in the Kingdom of Kairos. We're looking forward to collaborating with you.