COMMUNITY - FORUMS - TECHNICAL SUPPORT
start playing

How do I download game content? Would love to play, but I haven't found a place to do it. Thanks for any support you can provide at this time.

1/3/2017 6:49:44 PM #1

There is nothing to play yet, the game is still in production.

1/3/2017 7:06:00 PM #2

TY

1/3/2017 7:10:39 PM #3

I think they allow you to test the game if you have the right package, it's invitations only though. So, I don't know too much about it :(.

I think we're still in Pre-Alpha 1 (still being developed).

1/3/2017 9:55:13 PM #4

I wasn't allowed to purchase anything for some reason.

1/3/2017 10:45:12 PM #5

Welcome to the community, Valos! We're excited to have you with us :) As others have said, Chronicles of Elyria is still in early development so a client is not yet available for the community to play.

Posted By Shingen at 1:55 PM - Tue Jan 03 2017

I wasn't allowed to purchase anything for some reason.

Hi, Shingen! Thanks for your interest in supporting CoE's development. Could you describe your issue in greater detail for us, please?

1/3/2017 11:21:27 PM #6

Valos, while you're waiting for the game to come out like the rest of us, I would recommend doing a search for a Kingdom you're interested in being apart of. Maybe decide what kind of character you'd like to have. What sort of job you'd like them to have, and see if you can find a Kingdom/duchy that would meet the needs of that character.

If you have any questions during this process, there are people in this community that would be more than happy to help you. Good luck!

1/4/2017 1:52:29 AM #7

I tried to purchase Mayor in two different ways...by card and by Pay Pal. Both ways the purchase wouldn't go through.

1/4/2017 3:02:01 AM #8

When will this game be available to play , anyone can help ?

1/4/2017 3:07:45 AM #9

Hello Krile,

No official date has been advised for the release. Speculation is December, but just wait for an official release date.

1/4/2017 4:50:27 PM #10

Posted By Shingen at 01:52 AM - Wed Jan 04 2017

I tried to purchase Mayor in two different ways...by card and by Pay Pal. Both ways the purchase wouldn't go through.

When you pay by card do you have the bug I keep getting where it switches the last 2 digits of your security code? If so put them in back to front.

If you can't pay via Paypal, contact them or look at transaction history ;)

1/6/2017 1:49:38 AM #11

Are you by chance using microsoft edge? I know this caused me (yes it was a work computer) to have issues. If you in fact are, please use another web browser (even Internet Explorer works) You can access that by going to the start button and in the search bar typing "Internet Explorer" it should pop up. If this didn't work can we get more information, so your community can try and assist? :)

1/6/2017 9:23:01 AM #12

I gave the Explorer a try and it worked. Thanks a lot for your suggestion. I don't know what the issue was about my usual browser but glad this allowed my purchase to go through. Thank you once again.

1/7/2017 9:24:57 AM #13

please tell me whether the game is translated into other languages?

1/7/2017 11:58:38 AM #14

There's no news about that so I don't know. But I doubt it, these is not a publisher production and a translation for an MMORPG can be very expensive. They didn't even add it to the stretch goals.

1/7/2017 1:49:06 PM #15

Guys this is quite a misinformative thread.

Posted By ThorsShadow at 05:07 AM - Wed Jan 04 2017

Hello Krile,

No official date has been advised for the release. Speculation is December, but just wait for an official release date.

They initially stated December 2017 as the full release date. This is subject to change though and i m like 90% they will delay for around a year. That opinion is personal. Developers have not stated anything about release for a long time.

The first playable version of the game will be in the Alpha 1 tests. Iniatially this stage is supposed to come somewhere around Q1 2017. that is somewhere after March. I expect delays to that stage too. A game in Alpha stage is not what you d expect from the full game. Its for hardcore gamers that want to test features of the game. It will be much more voluntary work for SBS and not much of a playable version of the game. Minimum pledge for Alpha 1 access is 500$.

Beta phase which is more enjoyable for gaming would launch mid/late 2017, but still with my delay plan in mind i d say winter of 2017 at best. Now here there will be wipes and some voluntary work too so still not advised for casual players. Price for Beta access is priced at a minimum of 100$.

As for full release i d say 2018, cause this game has HUGE goals and people have pledged thousands of dollars to the company. I m sure that a company as SBS that work hard for this miracle will not launch with a 50% ready game. Just dont pressure them to rush the full release! Given the statement above if you r willing to just pledge the minimum of 40$ expect to w8 for around a year or more to actually play.

Remember that enlisting for Alpha and Beta you are expected to be more of a Tester than a Gamer.

Posted By Mixax3m at 11:24 AM - Sat Jan 07 2017

please tell me whether the game is translated into other languages?

In the games FAQ they clearly mention there will be regional servers. I was searching the forums for general info and i ve stumbled accross a statement from the team saying that they would be interested in a Spanish language release too, but not planing to actively work on that yet.

I can understand that, since we dont have a full english version yet. I would bet that we ll see translation for the game but clearly after launch. On top of that, many of the translation projects are user created mods and i m pretty sure those will come to light in the first couple of years of the game even if SBS doesnt do that on their own.

Now about launch information there is this moderator post, but beleive me he doesnt have a clue ;) https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/9275/when-will-chronicles-of-elyria-launch-the-alpha#post97272

Friend Code: C35991