COMMUNITY - FORUMS - SOULBORN ENGINE
Two identical paintings?

Greetings!

I wonder how painting will work? Like every other MMO? Just press "Craft" button and wait for the progress bar to get the same painting as anyone can craft? I hope there won't be two identical ( default ) paintings. This would let a forger to make a similar work and sold it like it was the original or a lost piece of a dead artist. And in turn, will make the artist to sign his works to try to avoid forgery.

Thank you! Salud!

Condado de Tarsis Solicia Gran Logia de Oliva

1/4/2017 1:38:42 AM #1

As of now we haven't recieved enough information on that subject. Although, you can't disregard that there is a forgery, deviant skill ;)

1/13/2017 9:22:20 AM #2

Remember, SBS will likely have to create every painting in the game in house, because they could get in legal trouble if they accidentally put unlicensed art in their game even if it was a player who uploaded it. They will either have to make in game tools to create art which might look really silly or do what you were talking about.

1/13/2017 9:34:35 AM #3

Depending on how complex those tools would be, it could allow for some good artworks. Given that this would require skills from the player, it would allow the artistically inclined among us to shine and become famous.

I'm not an expert on software, but maybe they could just include a 'minigame' similar to photoshop/inkscape.

Alternatively, they could either screen all uploads or make players sign an agreement that any breach of copyrights is their responsibility, including a few clear warnings whenever you upload something.

Alt text

1/13/2017 10:57:17 AM #4

i believe paintings will likely be similar to screenshots. so instead of it being based on default paintings it would be based off of memories,

or perhaps you would have to travel with your canvas, hike up the mountain then paint from the location. giving artists a fair amount of game play involved in being the best artist in elyria.

as for the skill tests could involve mixing colours to make the right pigments, or possibly combining herbs and plants to make the pigments yourself. then brushign the colors you made on a black and white stencil of the framed landscape you wish to create, if that were the case i would use abstract colours to make unique pieces.

1/14/2017 9:28:48 PM #5

Why would we have to limit ourselves to realistic paintings? It'd be awesome if we could show off our terrible tastes with cubistic or surrealistic paintings.

Alt text

1/14/2017 9:38:04 PM #6

Probably to prevent people from creating dick paintings.. just an idea.

1/14/2017 9:41:08 PM #7

Posted By annfrank at 1:38 PM - Sat Jan 14 2017

Probably to prevent people from creating dick paintings.. just an idea.

I misread that as duck paintings, I was trying to figure out what was wrong with ducks..

1/18/2017 9:17:07 AM #8

There's a lot of 'quality art' featuring all kinds of nudity and obscenity. Why censor this in-game? At worst, it says something about what kind of person you are.

Alt text