COMMUNITY - FORUMS - THE TAVERN
What games are you playing now?

A chance for an insight into the community...

What games are you playing now and what is it that most appeals about them?

For me, I'm not a pvp fan but like pve. That said I am enjoying Star Wars Battlefront which is pvp. The weapons I most enjoy are trip mines and tactical weapons. Theres nothing more satisfying than watching a top player shoot his way through a big room only to explode on an uxexpected trip mine.

I'm hoping tinkering and other crafts such as carpentry will lead to trap opportunities.

Other games I've enjoyed include multiple rpgs such as Skyrim, builder games. Anno 1404 venice, Guild 2 Renaissance etc.

1/5/2017 7:41:22 AM #1

I have been playing a lot of Rimworld I enjoy the stories that can be created within the game while also being easy compared to Dwarf Fortress. Also Overwatch because I like to shoot things as well,

I'm very excited for the eventual release of The Guild 3 and Mount and Blade: Bannerlord

1/5/2017 7:42:40 AM #2

CK2, EU4, SotA, WoW (spare me the rant, I am a raid tank. Beside, legion is a really nice add on!), SC.

CK2 and EU4 because they are, in my opinion, the best strategy games and history simulations out there. I really wish they would finally do a Victoria 3. I am playing Stellaris as well but it needs a few more patches and maybe another medium sized add on before it becomes a really good game. Wow, I already explained why ^^ SotA because.... Well I actually enjoy it. Let's not make a big deal about it ^^ SC... Oh man. Got account as a gift from a friend to convince me Chris Roberts isn't running the project into the ground only to run away after that. I am still not convinced but I never doubted the vision itself might turn into a awesome scifi game. So I am taking a look on a regular basis and do some testing. So far I like what I see.

1/5/2017 7:44:25 AM #3

Posted By Nubz_Unite at 08:41 AM - Thu Jan 05 2017

I have been playing a lot of Rimworld I enjoy the stories that can be created within the game while also being easy compared to Dwarf Fortress. Also Overwatch because I like to shoot things as well,

I'm very excited for the eventual release of The Guild 3 and Mount and Blade: Bannerlord

The guild 3 and a new m&b? I am living under a stone at the moment as it seems. Need to Google that. Both would be awesome.

1/5/2017 7:53:23 AM #4

Posted By Atogrim at 11:44 PM - Wed Jan 04 2017

Posted By Nubz_Unite at 08:41 AM - Thu Jan 05 2017

The guild 3 and a new m&b? I am living under a stone at the moment as it seems. Need to Google that. Both would be awesome.

Well glad to inform you. Both look amazing btw, also I forgot to mention been playing a ton of HOI 4

1/5/2017 7:59:59 AM #5

Posted By Nubz_Unite at 07:41 AM - Thu Jan 05 2017

I have Guild 3 on my wishlist already. Wasn't sure about dwarf fortress but Stonehearth is entertaining.

1/5/2017 8:01:07 AM #6

Posted By Atogrim at 07:42 AM - Thu Jan 05 2017

CK2, EU4, SotA, WoW (spare me the rant, I am a raid tank. Beside, legion is a really nice add on!), SC.

CK2 and EU4 because they are, in my opinion, the best strategy games and history simulations out there. I really wish they would finally do a Victoria 3. I am playing Stellaris as well but it needs a few more patches and maybe another medium sized add on before it becomes a really good game. Wow, I already explained why ^^ SotA because.... Well I actually enjoy it. Let's not make a big deal about it ^^ SC... Oh man. Got account as a gift from a friend to convince me Chris Roberts isn't running the project into the ground do run away after that. I am still not convinced but I never doubted the vision itself might turn into a awesome scifi game. So I am taking a look on a regular basis and do some testing. So far I like what I see.

I won't rant lol. I used to do raid tanking and healing too :) Long since abandoned it since they destroyed the community ;)

1/5/2017 8:22:47 AM #7

Posted By Oracle at 09:01 AM - Thu Jan 05 2017

Posted By Atogrim at 07:42 AM - Thu Jan 05 2017

CK2 and EU4 because they are, in my opinion, the best strategy games and history simulations out there. I really wish they would finally do a Victoria 3. I am playing Stellaris as well but it needs a few more patches and maybe another medium sized add on before it becomes a really good game. Wow, I already explained why ^^ SotA because.... Well I actually enjoy it. Let's not make a big deal about it ^^ SC... Oh man. Got account as a gift from a friend to convince me Chris Roberts isn't running the project into the ground do run away after that. I am still not convinced but I never doubted the vision itself might turn into a awesome scifi game. So I am taking a look on a regular basis and do some testing. So far I like what I see.

I won't rant lol. I used to do raid tanking and healing too :) Long since abandoned it since they destroyed the community ;)

Same here but actually Legion brought me back. Best add on so far. But than again i will admit that WoW won't entertain me for years at it did in the past. Already getting tired of minmaxing and item hunting. The Diablo 3 playstyle a lot of games adapted just isn't for me.

1/5/2017 10:14:39 AM #8

Ahh I wasn't a big fan of diablo3 but diablo2, massive fan :)

The character development is a must have, with new skills and talents. Aside from that though, 3 was lacklustre.

1/5/2017 10:54:43 AM #9

At the moment Iam playing Grand Theft Auto V the single player story mode.

I love a good story full of drama and chaos, the open world and the feeling of freedom, with multiple characters. I can do whatever I feel like doing such as just driving around and exploring and then do whatever missions with who I choose.

The story is fantastic, the characters are very well written, the voice acting is first class and the graphics are very good too. And the most important thing is the game is very enjoyable and fun and when I play the game I become so immersed I lose track of time and usually have to set an alarm so I stop and have breaks.

Iam also downloading Resident Evil Revelations 2 as my friend wants me to play it, though I have not played it yet.

1/5/2017 1:22:36 PM #10

You are all spolit! for the last 10 years I have been stuck playing Red Alert 2, Warcraft 3, Caeser 3 and X-Com UFO Gold Edition..... yes the original.... I also play an even older game through DOS Box called Conquerors of the New World (classic)..... These are all my laptop can take, however I am proud to announce that I have finally saved up a new laptop which is en-route in which case I shall be upgrading to X-Com Enemy Unknown.....

..................until CoE comes out in which case I will throw myself back into MMORPG's

Baron Aethelred Steel of Redtopium

1/5/2017 11:08:59 PM #11

Ive been playing a lot of Arma3, Rainbow6 Siege and BF1. Ive played the shit out of wow and KOTR. Excited for this to drop because ive been dying for a new MMO.

1/6/2017 12:17:56 AM #12

Armored Warfare and World of Warships, but like Tharrios, I'm ready to get back to a good MMO.

1/6/2017 12:54:53 AM #13

Been playing a lot of Stellaris lately. Also been playing around with Town of Salem and Crusader Kings II.

"Life...is strength. This is not to be contested; it seems logical enough. You live; you affect your world." - Jon Irenicus

1/6/2017 1:19:25 AM #14

LotRo. And it will stay like that until Crowfall or Chronicles of Elyria enter Beta at least. Then, I'll switch between LotRo and beta-testing. Dont know, if I'll still play lotro after release of CoE... Crowfall will just be a time-filler when other games get boring as with only passive training nothing is lost when not playing there :P

Friend Code: 30EF47

1/8/2017 1:02:36 PM #15

Guild Wars 2 is pretty much the only MMO I'm playing for now, until i get (Much!) better internet next month. Otherwise, and endless list of RPGS. Dragon's Age, Assassin's Creed, Elder Scrolls, Witcher.

Wolfwater Banner 400x100 Thane Asher Mareshall | Thread