COMMUNITY - FORUMS - FAMILIES & NOBLE HOUSES
Inheritance Problem

"When having a child you could choose to reserve them as your official Heir, which keeps them out of the world until your original character reaches permadeath"

That's the sentence from the game description in inheritance section. source :https://chroniclesofelyria.com/game/families-genetics

From what I get from that sentence, once you choose a heir, he/she won't be able to grow old & die because it said "keep the out of the world". Do you think I get it true? Because it's ridiculous if your heir keep growing old until maybe 70 years old when you die and then with a new spark of life, you play as your heir at 70 years old and then in about 30 years you will die again.

1/11/2017 1:20:11 PM #1

That is out of date information. It was intended to work that way when the game guide was written however, as this is a game in development things change. Your heir can now age, but you can also change who that heir is and have heirs at a more suitable age. They also slowed down the passage of time a bit and reduced the likely maximum ages so there will not be so large a gap.

There is more about the current system in this Developer Journal - Down the Rabbit Hole.... The part about aging, children, marriage and inheritance is under the design sub-heading.

Author of the Elyria Echo the first, and least up-to-date, CoE fan site.

1/11/2017 1:24:46 PM #2

Posted By VictoriaRachel at 8:20 PM - Wed Jan 11 2017

That is out of date information. It was intended to work that way when the game guide was written however, as this is a game in development things change.

There is more about the current system in this Developer Journal - Down the Rabbit Hole.... The part about aging, children, marriage and inheritance is under the design sub-heading.

Thank you for your answer! It's really helping understanding this game. But I really hope the game developer will update all changed information into the Gameplay & Overview of this webpage.

1/11/2017 11:10:25 PM #3

I believe you're able to pick a character up to age 56 if I'm not mistaken. You'll get the same game time, just be older.

Friend code: 2D42A1

1/11/2017 11:18:55 PM #4

I think the number of the Dev Journal is 52. While you will get the same game time you might get a very different game experience if you chose a character of that age. Physical abilities start to drop off at around 45 so you would be past your prime as an adventure or combatant if you did take on a max age NTC.

Author of the Elyria Echo the first, and least up-to-date, CoE fan site.