COMMUNITY - FORUMS - FAMILIES & NOBLE HOUSES
Early Access to Heraldry

It's sad that I have to clarify this, but the point of this post is to talk about >WHEN< we can design official crests, not can we. I already know we can.

Will gentry and above get any sort of early access to designing family crests? Let's say someone designs one before launch, only to find out come launch that the charge they intended to use isn't a thing, at which point they scramble to change everything and ultimately end up disappointed.

For example, I've designed a crest for myself;

I'd like some sort of early confirmation, ideally around the time of the KoE as to when we can design our family crest officially, so come exposition we aren't all scrambling to redo everything we've planned.

1/14/2017 7:46:12 AM #1

looking good. reminds me of a more celtic inspired Riften.

1/14/2017 9:07:39 AM #2

Regarding DJs only bloodline and above will have access to customize their coat of arms which different levels of customization.

In the other hand here isn't any information about the crest for organisations, I hope there will be any system to add external designs.

1/14/2017 9:58:56 AM #3

There are two kinds of Crests, Bloodline which give us a basic coat of arms or settler and above with 'extra colors'. I believe either we can upload a crest or there will be an Editor for that, as there is a difference I believe we will have an Editor of sorts.

1/14/2017 10:06:56 PM #4

That's not what I was asking. I'm aware crests are for bloodline and up, hence the 'gentry and above' in the OP. I'm asking if we'll see any early access to the editor, before exposition.

1/14/2017 10:23:43 PM #5

my question is will the KS bloodline receive access to a Coat of Arms, from what i can tell they only gave it to the new Bloodline and not the old.

Alt text - can be left blank

1/14/2017 10:27:20 PM #6

Posted By StrawHat at 3:23 PM - Sat Jan 14 2017

my question is will the KS bloodline receive access to a Coat of Arms, from what i can tell they only gave it to the new Bloodline and not the old.

You should? If you get a family name, you get a family crest.

1/14/2017 10:50:28 PM #7

Posted By Yorick at 5:27 PM - Sat Jan 14 2017

Posted By StrawHat at 3:23 PM - Sat Jan 14 2017

You should? If you get a family name, you get a family crest.

it doesnt say in the KS bloodline that you do, but it does in the new, take a look at my old post about it and bump it if u agree xDD. LINK

Alt text - can be left blank

1/15/2017 3:34:03 PM #8

Yorik I would love for a coat of arms maker to be introduced prior to the alpha tests. It should be easy enough to do and would allow for more preparation and community discussion about our personal choices.

1/15/2017 10:20:07 PM #9

Bump This is important Info.

4F0B70 <== This Nerd's Friend Code

1/15/2017 10:53:13 PM #10

I'd love to see more info about this. I have my own crest that I would love to use, but I can't use it in any of my posts, signature, or recruitment, because I just don't know if the crest I want will be the same as the crest I end up with.

1/17/2017 8:47:56 AM #11

Any official indication on how CoA's will be handled would be much appreciated.

Count Lofi of Skaaney, friend code 8766AA

1/17/2017 10:18:07 AM #12

The Coat of Arms (CoA) has several layers, and you get different pieces of it based on your backer level:

• Bloodline (KS $120 Lvl/Current $125) - Custom Surname and Basic CoA AKA the Shield
  • Merchant/Settler (KS $150/Now $175)- Extra Colours (Oooo purdy.)
  • Ursaphant Rider/Proprietor (KS $200/Now $225) - Expanded Sigils (I can haz Special Symbols on mai shield)
  • Baron/Mayor ($250) - Crest (Mantle & Name) Tell the world who you are, and make your shield look cushy because you did stuff.
  • Count ($500) - Helms
  • King/Queen ($10,000) - Completely Custom Crest

I'm assuming they will develop their own UI for CoA creation. Possibly a drag and drop so that people can create their shields?

~ Goody Odsbodikins, Count of the Highest State. ~
Friend Code: F41EFF

1/17/2017 10:21:07 AM #13

For a number of reasons, I would be surprised if we're able to upload just any old thing. I would presume -- but this is just me guessing here, nothing official -- that COAs will be built from pre-made shapes, images, etc. And then coloured however we like.

FWIW, I was KS Backer #21 and wanted nothing but the best for this game.

1/17/2017 10:22:06 AM #14

Posted By Flashman at 02:21 AM - Tue Jan 17 2017

For a number of reasons, I would be surprised if we're able to upload just any old thing. I would presume -- but this is just me guessing here, nothing official -- that COAs will be built from pre-made shapes, images, etc.

Agreed, especially since every package has the fine print "subject to Developer approval".

~ Goody Odsbodikins, Count of the Highest State. ~
Friend Code: F41EFF

1/17/2017 5:26:32 PM #15

They've said before that there will be a specific coat of arms maker. I just want to know when we get to use that instead of making our own externally that we can't use.