COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
my little bit to support COE

ok am a member of TOG "the older gamers"

felt i should help get the word out by starting up some info threads on their forums. not sure where i should share this information so figured i would post it right here :)

i am hopfing most of my info is correct so if you see somthing i may have completly stuffed up let me know and i will go update my post.

http://www.theoldergamers.com/mmorpg-games-the-realms/647053-coe-game-within-game.html

i am a novice so i am sure there are things i may not have portrayed perfectly but i am doing my bit to get the word about this game out to the people who would be interested in it.

on a side note i am no longer intending to pledge for mayor I HAVE PLEDGED :)~

so glad to be part of the movement and i am sure you will be seeing alot more of me over the next few months as i sort out my place in the world hehehe

Regards Mandrake

Click Banner To Visit County. Join me on Discord: https://discord.gg/V6aCA2X

1/15/2017 10:11:26 AM #1

You're a braver man than I with that pledge! Keep up the word-spreading, we need as much of that as possible.

Personally I'm hoping for this game to evolve into something like a more hardcore fantasy version of Star Citizen, with it's stonking great $100,000,000 in crowd funding.

Referral Code: 912EC9

1/15/2017 10:17:51 AM #2

Greetings Mayor Mandrake, welcome to NA-West, hope to see you on the battle fields or in trade. depending on our alliances that is.

1/15/2017 10:23:34 AM #3

One post with all of it, wow... Good job, I'm sure there will be ample opportunity to clean it up as time goes by.

~ Goody Odsbodikins, Count of the Highest State. ~
Friend Code: F41EFF

1/15/2017 10:28:24 AM #4

yes i had been sitting around for 3 or 4hrs and by no means dose it have all of the infomation!!!! arh but i can but try

and Annfrank thanks and i am more inclined to trade....

Trade can be battlefield all of its own... fear not if we are allied i will go easy on you hahahahahaha

but truly over the next few days i will be starting up a thread on my town and you may find it highly interesting :) (yes in the guild forum not here i ant silly hahaha)

1/15/2017 10:38:08 AM #5

Death and Dying in Elyria is a three layer system:

1. KO - You can be Knocked Out. This is your normal MMORPG "death" that people are used to. Happens as a normal course of life, and leaves little to no mark on you, except your personal take on the moment. You will be able to hear the world around you, but (currently) the system is set to give you a blank screen and timer to wake from your Coma. At this point, a robber could take what's in your hands, or perhaps on your belt.
  2. CdG - A Coup de Grace (French term, English equivalent Killing Blow). When knocked out, if your opponent (be they PC, NPC, or mob) makes a final CdG blow, you will Spirit Walk. This level leads to Spirit Loss (base loss of 2 game play days per death) and permanent scars on your character. Death in war? You bet you will come away with permanent reminders of it. At this point, the robber has enough time to search your pockets, and perhaps relieve you of your backpack.
  3. Permadeath - As you say, this is your game lifespan. You will never permadie without ample warning, so there is no need to be concerned that one day you will log in and be fine, and the next you trip, fall and permadie because...

The things to note are that there will be clues within the Astral Plane that will denote how close you are to Permadeath. Your length of play time will also depend both on your fame levels and your lifestyle as a character.

A Librarian (for instance) has a much lower danger level in their life, protected by the town and surrounded by people most of the times (or books). His only CdG might be a bookshelf falling over, or an invading army.

A Hunter, however, would live a more dangerous lifestyle and is at risk from CdG by mobs and other hunters or adventurers, not to forget the dangerous places they may discover.

The hunter, as far as game mechs go, will probably be the one to last only 10 months of game time, the librarian will possibly last 14 months; BUT the Hunter gains far more chances of dicovering and earning fame, so will gain more Story points over all and thus possibly have more leeway in between sparks to improve their souls etc.

1/15/2017 11:25:39 AM #6

Every bit helps Mandrake, thanks for going through the effort of recruiting in other communities. Speaking of recruiting(smooth segway) My county is looking for capable mayors such as yourself. My county will be focusing on economics and research putting farming fishing at the forefront of our economic power, and putting naval exploration at the forefront of our research, If you're at all interested send me a reply here or a PM. I look forward to reading your forum post as well.

1/15/2017 12:06:13 PM #7

I hope the 1980 isn't your year of birth, because I am a bit older and never thought about myself as and "older gamer". :D

And on topic... like Nubz allready said... "every bit helps"! :)

1/15/2017 12:11:03 PM #8

Posted By Zunjin at 04:06 AM - Sun Jan 15 2017

I hope the 1980 isn't your year of birth, because I am a bit older and never thought about myself as and "older gamer". :D

And on topic... like Nubz allready said... "every bit helps"! :)

I'm not much younger than that date myself ;)

1/16/2017 8:09:12 AM #9

Lol the older gamers is named that because in order to join ur required to at least be 25 years or older. the concept was that you would not have to deal with little kiddies and could play with more Mature players.. sadly this did not always work but still they are a community with about 30k members so hopfuly i can draw a few of those attention over here.

Lorenzw yep i know my explain of perma death was not the best but i was trying to shorten it and i also had a utube that gose into greater detail done by DM21 gaming (bicycle walrus)

plus as i was already spent 3hrs or more hrs working on that post i realy did not want to scare them completely with a massive post.... ended up being massive anyway but ha there are levels and levels of massive hahahahaha