COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Ingame Notice Board

Will the game include an in-game notice board ? for permanent player messages, bounties, self advertising etc.

1/15/2017 6:54:28 PM #1

Seems like a possibility, other games have this mechanic and there needs to be some way to advertise as an employer and some way for a job hunter to get work. A job board makes sense. Dunno though.

1/15/2017 7:38:18 PM #2

There are contracts and I kind of assumed that is how some contracts would be passed out. Just realized I am not sure if that has been confirmed or not though.

1/15/2017 7:56:41 PM #3

I believe the best approach is to create a notice board in cities where people may post up their advertisements and such and you would need to point and click them to pull up a parchment to keep in character and be able to read from there. I also feel that the owner of the said town should be able to remove any "unsettling" posts that are nothing but trolled garbage. Then again it's their money to spend for a place on the notice board which goes towards the town anyways. So I guess it helps the economy haha.

Friend code: 2D42A1

1/15/2017 7:58:13 PM #4

I'd love to have a noticeboard in my town, to give out tasks and missions to gatherers, adventurers and other people. Everyone will/would be reward!

If anyone played Witcher 3 you know about noticedboard where you picked up witcher contracts. I wish I could make something similar.

Carantenum is looking for more citizens. Click on the signature for more information!

1/15/2017 8:11:17 PM #5

Posted By Grayshade at 11:58 AM - Sun Jan 15 2017

I'd love to have a noticeboard in my town, to give out tasks and missions to gatherers, adventurers and other people. Everyone will/would be reward!

I'd also love to have a job notice board for my town

Teeno, Chief of Briar, County of Grim Resolve, Duchy of Ravencrest, Kingdom of Aranor Friend Code: D6A4E5

1/15/2017 8:39:08 PM #6

Now you guys have me wondering about the mechanics of notice boards. City funded or maybe tavern controlled (maybe both, and civilian boards have less regulation, but offer smaller rewards as well?) and maybe the city boards are for major problems that need to be taken care of (We need volunteers for a squad to take out these bandits!), but requests for those boards have to be approved by the ruler/law enforcement/magistrate/whoever else is suitable for that city... -pondering-

Also known as AvA in Discord.

1/15/2017 8:49:17 PM #7

I can imagine that it'll be coded in the game somehow as part of the contract system. Contracs are one of the core features of CoE. Another possibility would be NPCs as questgivers or brokers of available missions/contracts.

Life is too short to play bad games.

1/15/2017 9:25:18 PM #8

I think best way to go about it is to have a primary town/city notice board and if you have a job needs doing you write out a contract and sign it and then you leave it blank for the other person. When someone comes to the board and looks at the contract they can sign their name to it which binds them to the required task. Also as someone mentioned, might be a good idea if there's a small fee to pay the town coffers for posting up on the board.

1/15/2017 10:06:48 PM #9

To be honest here, this is something I hadn't thought about as not necessarily being a part of the game already. I'd thought about Greyholme having a notice board in the centre of town by a well. Hopefully if not already a part of the game we get some feedback that it's happening. I also like the idea that you could physically take the notice off the board if you'd like. As the Keeper of my little hamlet it'd be nice to be able to remove them, and it'd make some neat in-character interactions to show the flier to someone who'd written it in response to their bounty.

Boop

1/15/2017 10:42:25 PM #10

Posted By JackDivinity at 10:06 PM - Sun Jan 15 2017

To be honest here, this is something I hadn't thought about as not necessarily being a part of the game already. I'd thought about Greyholme having a notice board in the centre of town by a well. Hopefully if not already a part of the game we get some feedback that it's happening. I also like the idea that you could physically take the notice off the board if you'd like. As the Keeper of my little hamlet it'd be nice to be able to remove them, and it'd make some neat in-character interactions to show the flier to someone who'd written it in response to their bounty.

being allowed to remove it without signing it to accept the job would be a bad idea, there's nothing stopping a griefer removing jobs off the board and throwing them.

1/15/2017 10:43:33 PM #11

Im hoping to see something like this in taverns to increase their social pull.

1/15/2017 11:41:36 PM #12

Zultra or some other asked about this a few months ago and got hounded about how someone can just hoard them or falsely sign contracts so someone can get in trouble for not delivering. But it was also suggested that the contract needed to be brought to the person seeking help before being finalized.

1/16/2017 12:01:23 AM #13

Posted By Lunaus at 11:41 PM - Sun Jan 15 2017

>But it was also suggested that the contract needed to be brought to the person seeking help before being finalized.

Meaning someone can just take them all from the board because they want to be an ass.

1/16/2017 4:34:18 AM #14

Posted By SoulSpark at 5:01 PM - Sun Jan 15 2017

Posted By Lunaus at 11:41 PM - Sun Jan 15 2017

>But it was also suggested that the contract needed to be brought to the person seeking help before being finalized.

Meaning someone can just take them all from the board because they want to be an ass.

Have it set up that the notice stays active until contract is signed. You wouldn't so much as take the notice, more like "wrote down the contact info", and go from there.

Friend Code: B1DD85 NA-W Neran, beyond that not sure what I'm going to be when I grow up.