COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Vampires and Liches for different tribes

I love the idea of having players who become the raid bosses and evil groups of the world. However, since we know that we're going to have different tribes for a number of the distinctive biomes I would find it quite disappointing if all the evils and goods of the world were the same. Plus, if I'm a witch hunter from the European style kingdoms and I head deep into the jungle to fight off the rumored evil, it would be pretty uninteresting if it was basically just another European vampire. Honestly, I don't even think SBS would have to change the powers all that much to make them unique. They could even just change the names and make them look different. Here are my incomplete suggestions anyway:

European: L: Lich, V: Vampire Desert: L:Mummy King V: Jungle L:Jaguar* V:Lamprey

*Jaguar is actually a bit of a stretch, but I think the South American jaguar shapeshifter myths are really interesting.

I think seeing a similar diversity among the "good" versions of these would be good too. Though maybe SBS could even do the different types by religion rather than tribe. Who knows, just thought I'd throw this out there, I'm sure you guys have better ideas/names for these.

1/15/2017 8:49:44 PM #1

I think you are placing the responsibility on the wrong people here.

I don't think the Devs should force the look of a Lich/Vampire onto a person. I also don't think they should look European, or Egyptian.

The look of the vampire should be based on the person and his tribe/culture. If the person hails from a group that has a unique fashion sense then he would also have that unique fashion sense. If the person comes from a rich noble area I would think he would look wealthy and noble.

TL:DR The vampire/lich should reflect the player. This will make most stories regarding them unique and not cliche/copypaste.

1/15/2017 8:56:33 PM #2

Why is everyone so obsessed with vampires and liches. They will be a tiny tiny tiny part of the game, if they will be at all.

Carantenum is looking for more citizens. Click on the signature for more information!

1/15/2017 9:06:23 PM #3

it is common in games in development these days for large numbers of the community to want a Twilight meets Werewolf in London

I for one am glad that they will be in the game, but in an incredibly rare manner

1/15/2017 9:10:57 PM #4

Posted By Grayshade at 8:56 PM - Sun Jan 15 2017

Why is everyone so obsessed with vampires and liches. They will be a tiny tiny tiny part of the game, if they will be at all.

So much this! You do not need variety of Liches if you only ever see two in the life of a server. These are not common beings folks they are extremely rare and not around at launch. Even Vampires are very rare and again do not expect to see them at launch. The fact there any vampires will be a huge impact on the story do you don't need to start messing with themes.

Author of the Elyria Echo the first, and least up-to-date, CoE fan site.

1/16/2017 12:56:57 AM #5

Posted By Dleatherus at 3:06 PM - Sun Jan 15 2017

Twilight meets Werewolf in London

But his hair was perfect.

KS Backer 750 Friend Code: 8FF2A7

1/16/2017 6:45:25 AM #6

STOP THE INSANITY

...so tired of this topic

1/16/2017 6:46:55 AM #7

Isn't a lamprey an eel with teeth?

1/16/2017 7:11:32 AM #8

Posted By Sanguinesh Eviscerator at 07:45 AM - Mon Jan 16 2017

STOP THE INSANITY

...so tired of this topic

You better get used to it. The things 95% of people won't get are usually the most discussed. Probably one of the most discussed items in mmo history was the wow vanilla Ashbringer. And that frigging sword wasn't even obtaineable at all ^^

1/16/2017 7:15:00 AM #9

So rare most people are umlikely to ever see one. Also at risk of destroying your soul. You really want zero soul to carry to your next life?

1/16/2017 8:52:36 AM #10

Posted By Oracle at 01:15 AM - Mon Jan 16 2017

So rare most people are umlikely to ever see one. Also at risk of destroying your soul. You really want zero soul to carry to your next life?

Lets not forget that the majority of the population would see a vampire or lich redead.

1/16/2017 9:22:40 AM #11

i dibs becoming chupocabra. lol eatin all your live stock bruh.

1/16/2017 11:36:11 AM #12

Posted By annfrank at 09:22 AM - Mon Jan 16 2017

i dibs becoming chupocabra. lol eatin all your live stock bruh.

PPffff epic and underrated