COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
When can we play?

Hey all,

Well it's been a long time since my family and friends found this game on kickstarter and invested in what seems to be an addictive and immersive game. We remember hearing talk of 1st quarter of 2107 being alpha release, but we of course put that under the file of "wishful thinking" and sat back and waited.

Well here it is...2017...Q1...well?

Lots of talk about conventions and new hires and cool pictures and videos...but let's get to the brass tacks...when will this game come out? When will those of us who supported this game be able to play it? We're not asking for concrete dates...but maybe just an estimate? First quarter 2017? 2nd?

Thanks,

Woden

Friend Code: 9D5CAF

1/16/2017 7:24:25 AM #1

I think if it was 1st/2nd Quarter of 2017 we would know by now. I imagine if you want wishful thinking 3rd/4th Quarter should be what you wish for for Alpha Access.

As soon as they are confident with a date they will likely tell us. If they aren't confident with a date they probably shouldn't tell us.

1/16/2017 7:31:36 AM #2

It' s done when it' s done. I estimate Alpha for 2017.

1/16/2017 7:36:48 AM #3

Soon (tm).

1/16/2017 8:31:32 AM #4

i figure 2nd quarter they should have started aplha1... now i also figure they will do a long aphla phaze to iron out as much of the bugs as possable. and from every video i seen of these guys i can say i get the feeling they want to deliver every option they have promised and would rather take the time to do it right then rush this game out.

for me the fact they care more about getting the game right is the important thing.

that being said i am hopful this game will be release in December :)

Click Banner To Visit County. Join me on Discord: https://discord.gg/V6aCA2X

1/16/2017 9:42:02 AM #5

Posted By Atogrim at 01:36 AM - Mon Jan 16 2017

Soon (tm).

Hey that's a blizz. thing.

1/16/2017 10:07:19 AM #6

My guess is Q3 or Q4 this year, at least for the alpha phases.

Referral Code: 912EC9

1/16/2017 10:24:30 AM #7

The further ahead you get, the more room for error there is. Which is why I am providing very FEW dates here.

My understanding is that the following is the current "timeline":

1. Land Selection - rumoured to be around Late March 2017 currently, as Caspian has noted that any layaway that wants to take advantage of this should be done by then.
  2. Kingdoms of Elyria and ElyriaMUD - will come shortly after land selection, so April/May 2017. KoE is a browser RTS for Aristocrats and Nobles, all citizens can play E/MUD. The two games will cross pollinate certain events. This will last several months.
  3. Architech UI - Such a unique and important feature, SBS has stated they hope to release this aspect of the game early so the UI can be play tested and experienced by a wide audience. I think it will come out somewhere alongside KoE/MUD
  4. Prologue (Offline Playable CoE intro) - This is a common location on all worlds, Titan's Steppe (New Haven), and will intro the events that lead to where we are at launch. I'm hoping this will be launched at PAX East, and that's in March, so here's hoping!
  5. Alpha 1&2 - Alongside KoE/MUD for backers with access.
  6. Beta 1&2 - Somewhere in between KoE and prologue for backers with access.
  7. Exposition - post KoE/MUD end
  8. Launch

As I said, few dates beyond this spring, since most backers are aware that the dates in game development can be stretched quite a bit, and with good reason... make this game GREAT ELYRIA!

~ Goody Odsbodikins, Count of the Highest State. ~
Friend Code: F41EFF

1/16/2017 10:53:37 AM #8

@LorenzW I remember the post. Let me add that he said land selection end of march the very earliest. So might as well be April or June.